Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Valuist

Conference championship round

Carolina -3 (-123)

Will this come off the board? Just heard Schefner say on ESPN Palmer's finger has to be evaluated. But that's not why I'm on the Panthers. I was far more impressed by their win than Arizona's. I think many have doubted Carolina; their division wasn't good. They've now beaten Seattle twice and won much easier yesterday than the final margin.

YTD 51-38-1
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Carolina -3 (-123)

Will this come off the board? Just heard Schefner say on ESPN Palmer's finger has to be evaluated. But that's not why I'm on the Panthers. I was far more impressed by their win than Arizona's. I think many have doubted Carolina; their division wasn't good. They've now beaten Seattle twice and won much easier yesterday than the final margin.

YTD 51-38-1
Carolina wins , The Patriots win.

The AFC is a terrible conference, it's Brady, Manning or a third team (Baltimore, Pittsburgh) every year. and it's boring as hell. Goodell should fine the AFC teams not trying or come up with a relegation scheme, or new playoff scheme. Over half the AFC is not trying to win a super bowl.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
ebcorde
Veteran

Carolina has the right

QB at the right time. I would not bet against the Panthers QB the next two games.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
tucker6

surprised the NE game opened at -2.5 pts. It is now at 3.5 pts for NE. This game will all be about the Denver D versus Brady. Manning played very average yesterday as per his usual self, and that isn't going to cut it.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
Secondbest

Denver beat the pats 30-24 week 12 when NE was 10-0 Game was in denver where Pats do not do as well as elseware.Although Manning did not play that game.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Carolina -3 (-123)

YTD 51-38-1
Just curious, why do you commit so early when the game's a week away?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #7
kingfin66
Bombardier

I am glad he does. It gets the conversation going!
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #8
Secondbest

Its a smart move if you think the number is going to go against you later in the week
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Its a smart move if you think the number is going to go against you later in the week
It's going to take a lot to move that number off 3.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #10
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Depends perhaps on how much you're invested. A lot can go wrong in a week's time, injuries/accidents, arrest, scandals, and whatever else. I'd take my chances on the line barely moving one way or the other. If little or nothing is at stake, then i guess it really doesn't matter. With his record this year picking games, 1 loss isn't a big deal.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Depends perhaps on how much you're invested. A lot can go wrong in a week's time, injuries/accidents, arrest, scandals, and whatever else. I'd take my chances on the line barely moving one way or the other. If little or nothing is at stake, then i guess it really doesn't matter. With his record this year picking games, 1 loss isn't a big deal.
I think the only reason you bet early is if you think you won't get your number. If you bet on Carolina you have to home Cam Newton doesn't get into a car accident and can't play.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 12:45 AM   #12
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Just curious, why do you commit so early when the game's a week away?
Because the line was 3, and was already juiced (-120). It's moving toward 3.5. The difference of an extra half point or point from the biggest key number of all (3) is significant. 1 of every 6 NFL games ends with a differential of 3.

If I liked Arizona, I'd wait. Most of the time, we expect favorites to get bet later in the week as the public gets involved. And with totals, if I like an under, I will bet it early, knowing Joe Public wants to root for a 50-40 game.

I didn't see SRU's post above earlier, but yes, he is correct.

Last edited by Valuist; 01-19-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #13
BetHorses!

Quote:
Because the line was 3, and was already juiced (-120). It's moving toward 3.5. The difference of an extra half point or point from the biggest key number of all (3) is significant. 1 of every 6 NFL games ends with a differential of 3.

If I liked Arizona, I'd wait. Most of the time, we expect favorites to get bet later in the week as the public gets involved. And with totals, if I like an under, I will bet it early, knowing Joe Public wants to root for a 50-40 game.

I didn't see SRU's post above earlier, but yes, he is correct.
Funny, I actually thought the number could only go down. Good Luck and great season once again!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #14
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses!
Funny, I actually thought the number could only go down. Good Luck and great season once again!
curious as to why you think this.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #15
ManU918

I'll be on the Broncos and Cardinals. Both favorites aren't getting the money. I personally don't think either of them will. It's possible one of the favorites win but don't cover... I guess

Last edited by ManU918; 01-19-2016 at 09:22 AM.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply