Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #136
The Tioga Team

Easy Mel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
Nick/Jason---One other request/idea I have for you guys. Give a call to Freehold Raceway and see if you could get the GREAT Larry Lederman to come up and be a guest race caller on a Sunday. Not only is he a great race caller who gets ALL the calls RIGHT, he also has a lot of fun doing it. With Larry you get a lot of different callers. He does a very good Tom Durkin, Roger Huston, "Bullet Bob Myer" Dave Johnson and a super funny Jackie Mason. No I am not related to Mr Lederman I just really enjoy his talent.

Also I think your race sec/morning line guy is doing a great job. Give that man a raise.
We practice moderation with Bluhm, not too high...not too low...he may abandon us for reality TV's "Celebrity Race Secretary Handicappers". That just can't have a happy ending.

LL is penciled in for a week or two this summer...we like him as well.
The Tioga Team is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #137
trying2win

Two questions for the TIOGA TEAM for Sun. May 9/10. Both in the 'HOW COME?' department:

1. How come TIOGA DOWNS is not on the www.brisnet.com online toteboard today? I think I've seen it on there on some previous days. Maybe AMTOTE is asleep at the switch? You may have to phone them and tell them to WAKE UP! An online toteboard is very important for bettors.

2. How come TIOGA DOWNS is on the list of tracks that LINK2BET.COM covers, yet is not on their betting menu today?

Thanks,

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 05-09-2010 at 04:42 PM.
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #138
trying2win

Tioga Downs

I watched the 12th race today at Tioga Downs on live video, and didn't realize a couple of things. I didn't know Tioga Downs was a 5/8's of a mile harness oval. I had assumed it was a 1/2 mile oval. Then when I watched this 12th race, I saw that they race 9 horses across on the starting gate. Of course, if I had checked out the information for this track at www.ustrotting.com ahead of time, I could have learned all about these things...duh!

I must say it was a pretty exciting race to watch and listen to. I don't know the name of the announcer, but I was impressed by his call of the race.

T2W
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time."

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by trying2win; 05-09-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #139
trying2win

ADWS Covering Tioga Downs

I haven't been able to find any list online of ADWS carrying Tioga Downs. So I thought I would start a list of the ADWS I know that carry this track:

1. YOU BET

2. BET AMERICA (Canadian residents can also open an account at this ADW and wager and watch the Tioga Downs races online)

3. TWIN SPIRES

4. ?

5. ?

6. ?

---Please add to this list of other ADWS you know carry TIOGA DOWNS. In my opinion, this track deserves all the extra help we can give them, as a reward for their initiative of lowering their track takeouts this year.

Thanks,

T2W

-------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune."

--Jim Rohn

Last edited by trying2win; 05-09-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #140
trying2win

ADWS Carrying Tioga Downs

Looks like there a lot of PA members too lazy to do a search to find more ADWS that carry the Tioga Downs races. It's okay, I found a couple more to make it five I've found so far. The revised list is now:

1. YOU BET

2. BET AMERICA

3. TWIN SPIRES

4. DAY AT THE TRACK

5. XPRESSBET

T2W
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Persons with mediocre accomplishments are quick to explain why they HAVEN'T, why the DON'T, why they CAN'T, and why they AREN'T."

--David J. Schwartz Ph.D (not the Dave Schwartz of HSH fame)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #141
The Tioga Team

on the new page

[QUOTE=trying2win]Looks like there a lot of PA members too lazy to do a search to find more ADWS that carry the Tioga Downs races. It's okay, I found a couple more to make it five I've found so far. The revised list is now:

1. YOU BET

2. BET AMERICA

3. TWIN SPIRES

4. DAY AT THE TRACK

5. XPRESSBET

[QUOTE]

as I believe you suggested...

http://www.tiogadowns.com/Supporting...s/partners.pdf
Old 05-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #142
trying2win

To the Tioga Team:

Thanks for the link. I was checking out your website earlier in the day to see if you had such a link for ADW partners. My oversight...sorry I slipped up. I couldn't see the trees for the forest.

That is one very handy list you compiled for harness bettors to know about. Good show!

Thanks,

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 05-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #143
RaceTrackDaddy

Ebet USA

You can add Ebet USA (Penn National's wagering platform).
PhoneBet (Pha Park wagering)platform)
https://www.ibetmohegan.com/racing/ (Mohegan Sun wagering platform)

In essence, all Pa ADW carry Tioga.
Still no word on both Wheeling Downs and Mountaineer. Maybe a marketing person should give them both a call.
RaceTrackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #144
my_nameaintearl

Any projection of what the handle is at compared to last year?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #145
Not4Love
not4love

same here

Wondering if the Tioga team knows anything about the numbers compared to last year. thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #146
The Tioga Team

Numbers

Guys,

This is Dustin, I work with Nick, Jason B., and Jason S. at Tioga with simulcast, publicity, and a few other things. I dont have the exact numbers on hand for the first two opening weekends, but when I get back to work tomorrow I will look them up and let you guys know how we are compared to last year. Thanks for all your support so far this year!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #147
trying2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying2win
Two questions for the TIOGA TEAM for Sun. May 9/10. Both in the 'HOW COME?' department:

1. How come TIOGA DOWNS is not on the www.brisnet.com online toteboard today? I think I've seen it on there on some previous days. Maybe AMTOTE is asleep at the switch? You may have to phone them and tell them to WAKE UP! An online toteboard is very important for bettors.

2. How come TIOGA DOWNS is on the list of tracks that LINK2BET.COM covers, yet is not on their betting menu today?

Thanks,

T2W
To the Tioga Team:

Hopefully, you won't forget about these questions I asked yesterday. Actually, forget about question 2. I'll contact LINK2BET and ask them why.

By the way, when I was watching one of the Tioga Downs races yesterday on live video, I noticed you had a line something like this on your infield toteboard:

'THE LOWEST TAKEOUT IN THE LAND'

--I thought that was a great idea. Hopefully, some unenlightened racetrack executives from other tracks saw that sign on the Tioga Downs live video, and a light bulb went on.

Thanks,

T2W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Money never starts an idea. It is always the idea that starts the money."

--Owen Laughlin
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by trying2win; 05-10-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #148
melman

Way to go BobbyZ thanks to your efforts our felt-tip pen and pencil squad put a hurting on those "geeks" last night. : As an old time trainer once said to his go to driver "go to the front and then improve your position". I had a severe case of 2nd and 3rd "its" last night but you carried the ball for the team.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #149
RaceTrackDaddy

Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
Way to go BobbyZ thanks to your efforts our felt-tip pen and pencil squad put a hurting on those "geeks" last night. : As an old time trainer once said to his go to driver "go to the front and then improve your position". I had a severe case of 2nd and 3rd "its" last night but you carried the ball for the team.
Thank you Mel
You be surprised at what you can learn from watching the races. First week, I was at mountaineer who did not carry the signal and Sunday, I forgot it was a matinee..I was also too lazy to view the videos on archive at my ADW. Last week and this week I watch them and use those troubled trip horses that had pace or trot at the end of the mile....gotta love that..no computer sees that.

thanks again.
bobby z
RaceTrackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #150
mirror Image

Who's the jumper ? #2 Dancinwiththestarz in the 2nd
had $10,593. out of the $11,125. bet to place,no splash today .
mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: