Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:41 PM   #1066
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Should have said "still tied..."

Code:
AQU	02/10/2024	8	23.64	47.31	72.36	85.42	98.62
Thank you again for all the work you do on these occasions. I can now finish my numbers for that day
Old 03-12-2024, 10:19 AM   #1067
SBD400

Race 1 at Aqueduct on March 9th, I am grading the races and reading through the charts, I see MSW for 3 year old fillies going 6f with the last 1/8th in 11:82, no way that is possible. So upon further review I see the following at bottom of chart : "ALL TIMES WERE HAND-TIMED DUE TO A TIMING ISSUE AND PROVIDED BY THE STEWARDS". I also watch the replay and no times were posted, so something clearly went wrong.

I know the stewards in New York are fairly incompetent, but how in the world can they hand time a race and be so wrong and even worse post their wrong times!
SBD400 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 12:01 PM   #1068
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD400 View Post
Race 1 at Aqueduct on March 9th, I am grading the races and reading through the charts, I see MSW for 3 year old fillies going 6f with the last 1/8th in 11:82, no way that is possible. So upon further review I see the following at bottom of chart : "ALL TIMES WERE HAND-TIMED DUE TO A TIMING ISSUE AND PROVIDED BY THE STEWARDS". I also watch the replay and no times were posted, so something clearly went wrong.

I know the stewards in New York are fairly incompetent, but how in the world can they hand time a race and be so wrong and even worse post their wrong times!
This has been changed from "electronic" in the field that designates how the timing was done to "hand" sometime well after the fact. I'm just seeing this, so I'll get it timed soon.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 01:39 PM   #1069
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
This has been changed from "electronic" in the field that designates how the timing was done to "hand" sometime well after the fact. I'm just seeing this, so I'll get it timed soon.
My times from video, much more accurate than the posted hand times from the stewards. It is unlikely these will be changed officially as the state steward will not allow it.

Code:
AQU	03/09/2024	1	6.00	D	22.99	46.35	58.20	70.31
Old 03-12-2024, 01:42 PM   #1070
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
That's a little disconcerting no?

-jp
Old 03-12-2024, 01:45 PM   #1071
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
That's a little disconcerting no?

-jp
It has been that way for a long time with NYRA races. As far as I know, all other jurisdictions will change times based on video timing. It is a steward problem in New York. He has been presented with the facts and refuses to budge. I know Equibase and I'd bet NYRA officials would love to use the more accurate (not perfect by any means) times.

But hey, this way Pace Advantage members have a small edge sometimes.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:02 PM   #1072
SBD400

Quote:
It has been that way for a long time with NYRA races. As far as I know, all other jurisdictions will change times based on video timing. It is a steward problem in New York. He has been presented with the facts and refuses to budge. I know Equibase and I'd bet NYRA officials would love to use the more accurate (not perfect by any means) times.

Thanks for the replies!

Its amazing how one person who appears to be very incompetent to boot can have so much unchecked power. That guy should be fired and on top of that investigated for possible criminal behavior for the Brick Ambush decision. Is this guy like a King or a Queen who remains in power until they die? God only knows how many people that guy has driven away with awful stewards decisions over time.
SBD400 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2024, 10:46 AM   #1073
ubercapper

Quote:

Adding to what Craig wrote, as far as I'm aware the NYSGC (New York State Gaming Commission) steward's power to control this and other decisions, rests in a state statute. As statutes are available for anyone to read, that can be verified. I have not done so. If that is the case, then changing the statute changes the control.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2024, 11:09 AM   #1074
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
Adding to what Craig wrote, as far as I'm aware the NYSGC (New York State Gaming Commission) steward's power to control this and other decisions, rests in a state statute. As statutes are available for anyone to read, that can be verified. I have not done so. If that is the case, then changing the statute changes the control.
I would surmise that many horseplayers and horsemen feel that changing the current steward would have a GREAT effect on how (arbitrarily) that control is exercised, and the statute itself would be somewhat less of a concern.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: