Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion > Interviews

Old 04-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #31
rangiles

Hi CincyHorsePlayer--

1. The Pace Pressure Gauge came about after a lot research with the speed point totals. After a while I started noticing that I could better predict the pace bias if I just used the speed point totals of the early pace horse, including pressersd, with 5 or more speed points. Then through trial and error I came up with the Pace Pressure Gauge. That would be the first number, which represents pressure. The second number in the rating gives us an idea pace velocity. A rating with a 2, say, in the second spot red flags the race as a potentially fast pace. So is the pressure is high and the velocity 1 or more then I feel comfortable looking for late pace runners (P/Cs). So I was just looking for an approach that give me some idea about where to start my handicapping, early or late.

2. I believe that simple is better most of the time so the pace multipliers that are represented by the Pace Velocity Rating do a quick and efficient job of giving me a pace shape at a glance. Say the race is a Fast 5, then I know with a glance that that race, and these are pace of the race numbers and not pace of the horse of course, was Fast/Slow pace/race shape. This I can easily rate a horses performance relative to running style. The PVR also gives me an idea about a horse's pace ability, especially in the early department. Of course, early pace horses with superior pace ability are always dangerous.
rangiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #32
rangiles

Before I finish answering the questions, I want to thank PaceAdvantage for the great job with this forum, and allowing me to be involved in this Q&A. I really appreciate it.

Randy
Old 04-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #33
CincyHorseplayer

Thanks for your time too Randy.Email me when I can purchase the new book!Talk to you soon.

Rod
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
rangiles

Thank you, Rod.

Randy
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #35
mikeb

Thanks Capper Al
mikeb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread