Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-21-2024, 01:30 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Mass school wants national guard help?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...ms/ar-BB1ixV5Y

Wtf?

Gotta love it…….school is asking for troops?
Old 02-21-2024, 02:13 AM   #2
BIG RED
Son O'War

Brockton High School usually had the best football team in the state. Could have been all those 22 year olds.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:06 AM   #3
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
Brockton High School usually had the best football team in the state. Could have been all those 22 year olds.
they red shirt their high schoolers?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:52 PM   #4
Mr_Ed

While in Chicago........

"The mayor of Chicago announced during a Tuesday interview that he supports removing police officers from schools."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chicag...e-from-schools
Old 02-21-2024, 06:58 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
While in Chicago........

"The mayor of Chicago announced during a Tuesday interview that he supports removing police officers from schools."

He was head of the teachers union at one time. He wants to be able to give back to teachers in a payoff. If there are no cops around.........teachers act with impunity.

I used to work at a high school as a police officer about one day a week. We rotated. Sometimes the teachers were more of a problem than the kids.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:02 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
While in Chicago........

Since he is black it is ok that he is a major f**king dumb ass. He really belongs in the Biden administration next to the other cast of idiots. I believe he was the one that said putting people in jail does not lower the crime rates.

Yes, he is that stupid. I never thought Chicago could elect a bigger idiot than Lightfoot, but they did. I would be shocked if his I.Q. exceeds room temperature.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 10:14 PM   #7
lamboguy

Brockton was the city of Champions, Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler came from that city.. years ago it was shoe city USA.

this governor is putting illegal people up at hotels. she is spending over $60 a day to feed these people. i don't spend $200 for the whole month for myself.
what chance do we have when the people that represent us are complete idiots.
the Mayor of Boston is even worse. Between these 2 clowns, they are going to wind up forcing the hospitals and schools out of Massachusetts.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 10:22 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post

I always found it interesting that when the average full grown Asian is a good couple inches shorter than the average white or black why are the Asian kids bigger than ours lots of times at the Little League World Series?
Old 02-21-2024, 10:31 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Brockton was the city of Champions, Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler came from that city.. years ago it was shoe city USA.

this governor is putting illegal people up at hotels. she is spending over $60 a day to feed these people. i don't spend $200 for the whole month for myself.
the Mayor of Boston is even worse. Between these 2 clowns, they are going to wind up forcing the hospitals and schools out of Massachusetts.

I looked at those meals and was shocked at the prices, are they charging a premium to deliver them? I think I saw $17 for a sandwich and drink. The sandwich was just cheese, lettuce and a couple cold cuts on bread that is $3 a loaf here. There was less there than a 6" sub at Subway.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:42 PM   #10
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I looked at those meals and was shocked at the prices, are they charging a premium to deliver them? I think I saw $17 for a sandwich and drink. The sandwich was just cheese, lettuce and a couple cold cuts on bread that is $3 a loaf here. There was less there than a 6" sub at Subway.
10% for the Big Guy.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 10:44 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I have to stop letting things trigger irritating memories. Word association Hagler = Sugar Ray Leonard who I could not stand and was waiting for Hagler to shut his mouth. Leonard won a split decision. I got no joy out of Leonard being stopped against Camacho as he was way over the hill and I did not like Camacho either.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:35 PM   #12
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have to stop letting things trigger irritating memories. Word association Hagler = Sugar Ray Leonard who I could not stand and was waiting for Hagler to shut his mouth. Leonard won a split decision. I got no joy out of Leonard being stopped against Camacho as he was way over the hill and I did not like Camacho either.
Sugar Rau Leonard was trained by Angelo Dundee, same guy as Mohamed Ali had. Hagler was trained by Goody and Happy Petronelli, those brothers also trained race horses.
those days were certainly a great era for boxing. the Hagler-Leonard fight probably should have been a draw. i believe Hagler quit after the fight.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:22 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Sugar Rau Leonard was trained by Angelo Dundee, same guy as Mohamed Ali had. Hagler was trained by Goody and Happy Petronelli, those brothers also trained race horses.
those days were certainly a great era for boxing. the Hagler-Leonard fight probably should have been a draw. i believe Hagler quit after the fight.

You remember Fernando Vargas? I worked on his limousine, his people dropped it off. It was right before the first Shane Mosley fight. I forgot the betting

line, I should have drove to Las Vegas and bet every penny I had against him, I was thinking about it. I had never seen so much garbage inside a limousine in my life. Empty booze bottles, candy wrappers, potato chip bags, etc,etc.
I was shocked he made it into the 10th round before the fight was stopped.
He was in his late 20's, so at that age you can get away will not treating your body so well, but the smaller guys seem to age out faster as it seems the speed starts going long before the power does.

I actually met Ken Norton before his fight with Ernie Shavers, he was training in San Jacinto Ca, his handlers wanted him away from the lures of the big city. He was still able to find plenty of booze and women out there. He was an impressive looking physical specimen but had that damn glass jaw.
I was bummed when Shavers knocked him out in the first round. He was nailing a woman in my apartment complex.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:30 AM   #14
lamboguy

i don't remember Vargas, but i do remember beting on Ali against Norton in Yankee Stadium, i was there and i had laid 11/5 on Ali. Norton gave Ali a vicious beating, when the judges put up Ali's right hand i fainted!