Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #91
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The problem is these horses will show up elsewhere so I have to do the work. I can't have blanks for horses lining up for the Kentucky Derby! I just put the info out there. People can make their own decisions.
Hope they straighten it out. I with what you are trying to do, just throwing something else out there.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #92
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
If they all suck, what track do you play?

Woodbine?
I play OP, KEE (except for last meet), CD, KY Downs-they get 80%+ of my play. Play the BC no matter where it is. Thats why I'm so critical of CD and KEE-they are screwing up the best places to play when they should be taking market share from CA and others.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #93
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Part 3

https://www.twinspires.com/blog/2018...acing-part-iii
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #94
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
That guy is trying to make something out of data that is way too small to get any useful conclusions, IMO. Post positions in particular take way, way more than this tiny sample to learn anything.

Average winning post position? Seriously?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #95
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

He also doesn't know what he is talking about. The statement below from the article is about as false as it gets. He doesn't understand that the run up is never 0, that is just how Equibase is telling customers Gulfstream is lying.

Quote:
Some of them are logical. If you are going to go 7 1/2 furlongs when the rail is out at 96 and 120 feet, there is no run up. When the rail is placed at 36 feet, it can be as low as zero and as high as 242 feet.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #96
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
That guy is trying to make something out of data that is way too small to get any useful conclusions, IMO. Post positions in particular take way, way more than this tiny sample to learn anything.

Average winning post position? Seriously?
Agree, AWPP doesn't really tell you much without know the their actual distributions...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #97
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
why not quit making figures for the track and steer your customers away from playing there due to the lack of transparency? These people only understand money, have to hit them were it hurts. See KEE as an example of stepping on their customers
I never use a paceline from GP or Kee or Dmr for any other track -- I just look at them as workout s not any indication of a horse's ability. Just WOs over crappy tracks with not credibility. I would not make a bet based on any performance at what I consider to be marginal minor league tracks like these three. Especially GP - the track where time stands still!

Been working for decades.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #98
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Maybe they will start not reporting if the race was a CLM, or ALW, that would be fun. And why report what track it was run at, maybe just tell handicappers what state it was run in. And random horses that it ran against, not the first 3 finishers...
Yeah, claiming, "about $20,000" at 6 or so furlongs, probably on dirt.
Franky's contributions to this game are legendary!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #99
Thomas Roulston

Of course Fair Grounds has this same "about" problem - for all its turf distances.

But I've never been able to figure out why.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #100
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
Of course Fair Grounds has this same "about" problem - for all its turf distances.

But I've never been able to figure out why.
Pretty simple...they only have one set of timing poles. So when the rails move, they time them the same way regardless of where the rail is. Doesn't explain why races where there is no temp rail (0 setting) are also called about. I'm trying to find out today.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #101
Thomas Roulston

I'd really appreciate it if you did find out - and you got to hand it to FG: The turns on their turf course are 814 feet long, and yet they run (about) 7 1/2 furlongs with only a 150-foot run from the finish line to the first turn, making it a 480-foot run overall. Yet Aqueduct refuses to run 7 1/2 furlongs on turf when that would involve approximately a 620-foot run into an 824-foot turn.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #102
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
I'd really appreciate it if you did find out - and you got to hand it to FG: The turns on their turf course are 814 feet long, and yet they run (about) 7 1/2 furlongs with only a 150-foot run from the finish line to the first turn, making it a 480-foot run overall. Yet Aqueduct refuses to run 7 1/2 furlongs on turf when that would involve approximately a 620-foot run into an 824-foot turn.
Well you should love Gulfstream then, they run tons of 7.5f races even if they really aren't 7.5f.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #103
Thomas Roulston

But the gap from 5 1/2 furlongs to 7 1/2 furlongs at Gulfstream (and Fair Grounds) is lame. My latest "one and a half turf courses" design inside a 1 1/4-mile dirt track has no gaps at all - and its two-turn, 7-furlong turf start has a 530-foot (not counting any run-up) run into a 955-foot turn - well within acceptable guidelines based on what other tracks "get away with."

Last edited by Thomas Roulston; 01-15-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #104
jay68802

Quote:
Well you should love Gulfstream then, they run tons of 7.5f races even if they really aren't 7.5f.
Can't resist this correction. They time a lot of 7.5f races, but run them at different distances.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #105
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Can't resist this correction. They time a lot of 7.5f races, but run them at different distances.
Perfect.