Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5k-claim
Or simultaneously obnoxious and boring.

What exactly is the deal with that 'Pretty Horse Handicapper' link of yours? Never mind.

And just how am I simultaneously obnoxious and boring? Because I'm recommending the better value? That's great of you to say about me.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
5k-claim
Working on 'Plan B'

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
And just how am I simultaneously obnoxious and boring? Because I'm recommending the better value? That's great of you to say about me.
Sorry, maybe that was a bit harsh. I had just clicked on your 'Pretty Horse Handicapper' link, (more or less) read that post, and the first reaction that came to my mind was "obnoxious and boring."

I guess I could have just kept that reaction to myself.

As for "recommending the better value" in the Eblouissante race Friday, I definitely have no problem with that. That sounds like solid handicapping theory to me.

Good luck on the race!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #33
RXB

Quote:
In a normal situation, she should be 5/1 to 10/1. She won't be. Zenyatta has ruined her value. I think it's worth the risk to go against.

I'm not afraid to be wrong.
Of the three horses you claim will offer better value, two of them are 3x maiden losers with unspectacular finishes in their most recent races. (Weak ROI scenario). The other is stretching from a closing effort at 6f to 8.5f-- another weak ROI scenario-- and while the sire is a positive on the stretchout, the dam is probably not. (Neither sib even tried a route from 23 combined races; the dam herself was 5th beaten by nine lengths in her only route try.)

No way Eblouissante should be 5/1 to 10/1 against that kind of mediocre opposition. Re-read those stats on the dam's other foals. 80% multiple winners, 60% debut winners, 40% multiple G1 winners. The race sets up as a pass scenario, not a bet-against scenario.

Last edited by RXB; 11-12-2012 at 02:39 PM.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
EJXD2

Eblouissante workouts

Eblouissante has had 45 published workouts the past 17 months, including at least 2/month since 9/8/11 http://j.mp/Q8Pp4n

https://twitter.com/Brisnet/status/268077918683541504
EJXD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJXD2
Eblouissante has had 45 published workouts the past 17 months, including at least 2/month since 9/8/11 http://j.mp/Q8Pp4n

No wonder field size sucks these days with trainers using this MO.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheMystic
I don't think she's ever worked farther than 4 furlongs. Perhaps we will see her at Del Mar
Judging from that, maybe they are waiting for Fairplex.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #37
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Of the three horses you claim will offer better value, two of them are 3x maiden losers with unspectacular finishes in their most recent races. (Weak ROI scenario). The other is stretching from a closing effort at 6f to 8.5f-- another weak ROI scenario-- and while the sire is a positive on the stretchout, the dam is probably not. (Neither sib even tried a route from 23 combined races; the dam herself was 5th beaten by nine lengths in her only route try.)
Yes, and Sadler is a positive when stretching out horses and wins at a high percentage with 2nd time starters. The first 2 finishers came back to win from that race.

I understand that closers don't always stretch out. My feeling is to still wait and see how the tote board is trending and take it from there. Obviously, if Belonging starts trending towards 2/1 or less, I will pass.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I did not mean to.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #38
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Hence the reason for me starting this thread.. I wonder how many works Zenyatta had before her first start..

Not interested in betting the race, and I hope to see her run well..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
CincyHorseplayer

Yeah with those credentials to the pedigree you aint gettin a price.So what.Don't handicapping prowess us to death.Enjoy the horse and the guy's passion who created this thread.I dig it!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
Ca9
Journeyman

Friday at Hollywood Park (free PPs).
Ca9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #41
Sysonby

Quote:

That's why I was wondering if there might have been a string of minor injuries, making them back off and come back on training her.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #42
MaTH716

Quote:
Here is my analysis..

I hope Z nation is fully aware this filly is running...
http://thoughtsonracinglifeandmore.c...ns-on-thursday
Why? The majority of Z Nation doesn't bet a dollar.

Seriously, I agree and it would be a good spot to play against her.

Last edited by MaTH716; 11-13-2012 at 09:36 AM.
MaTH716 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #43
Robert Fischer
clean money

It will be fun to see.

Most interested in her physicality, and if she can show some solid talent.

She's not going to be Zenyatta, but that doesn't mean she can't be a solid race mare.

I like the training, although there were a couple brief gaps. In what little video they had of her training, it was hard to see much. She looked green, but actually focused better when in company. She has significant gallops schooling from the gate, that are not listed as works on the tab. There is a small chance that one or more of these schooling gallops took place during gaps in the work tab, but I would treat them as gaps.

She does have a chance to contend or win, depending on her talent level.
Belonging and Saturday Nite Ride both are complete unknowns with potentially higher ceilings than the rest of the field.
Chestnut Moon and Playful Humor are both solid enough horses who figure to run decent races.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 11-13-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #44
Some_One

Didnt the Green Monkey have a similar profile before his debut? late 3yr old first start with a long string of workouts?
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #45
MaTH716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
Didnt the Green Monkey have a similar profile before his debut? late 3yr old first start with a long string of workouts?
Yeah, but he didn't have a famous half sister who loved to dance..............
MaTH716 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply