Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #6751
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzYank View Post
I'll give you a tip Vinnie on those 4.5 furlong races that you cant scratch the horses. What I discovered is if you select a different race that has the same amount of horses or more then you go back to the 4.5f race it keeps the horse numbers in the scratch box.
Then you just doubleclick that number and you will notice it treats it as a scratch when you run your consensus report etc.
Only time you are out of luick is if one of those 4.5f races has more horses listed than any of the others.
Thank you very much for the tip OzYank, I appreciate it.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 02-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #6752
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Wish I had gone with MVR today-TUP sucked

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 02-01-2021 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:27 PM   #6753
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

T/J $$ spot play 9TH FG 2-3

This spot play in TM is turning out to be better than I had hoped. I wouldn't have even clicked on it except I was looking at POT's Fairgrounds wager in the previous race that had just finished.

1 HORSE--1 WINNER. Gotta like that
Old 02-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #6754
coacht

GP best 5 consensus

So far today, best five consensus r 1 5,8,7. Results 8-5-7 I also like to look at plat power turfblast which had 8-5-7 in that order. Winner paid $6

Race 2 1,2,5 and result 2-1-5

Race 3 8,5,9. Out 5 and 9 were second and third. However, Turfblast had 8-1-6
The 1 was the winner at $8.80

Race 4 4,2,3. Results were 4-2-3

Race 5 3,8,7. Turfblast has 3,8, 9

Race 6 3,4,6

Race 7 3,2,6. Turfblast 7,8,1

Race 8 8,4,3. Turfblast 8,3,6

Race 9 4,3,8

Race 10 10,4,1. Turfblast has 1,9,10,4

Let’s see if the winners and continue.

Good luck
Old 02-05-2021, 01:17 AM   #6755
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PRN REVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

Nice work, Gene. It's kinda strange how tracks seem to somehow change between seasons/meets. Don't know if it's the ground crew doing something different, or what.

I used to avoid FLA tracks like the plague--it was where guys went to empty out their bankrolls. On the other hand--Turf Paradise was easy money. For a while there all you had to do to be a winner, was figure out who could get the lead before the half. I loved it.

That's changed--I'm doing very well at Tampa and GPX but dying at TUP, Prairie Meadows, Delaware, and Turfway I never won at. Those used to be my favorites.

Anyhoo, in the Feb issue of Phillips Racing News, they reviewed Trainer Moves. I won't bore you with the details, but it was complimentary

Go take a look www.phillipsracingnewsletter.com While you're there request a free back issue. I think they have a couple spot plays posted as well

-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 02-05-2021 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:12 AM   #6756
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Nice work, Gene. It's kinda strange how tracks seem to somehow change between seasons/meets. Don't know if it's the ground crew doing something different, or what.

I used to avoid FLA tracks like the plague--it was where guys went to empty out their bankrolls. On the other hand--Turf Paradise was easy money. For a while there all you had to do to be a winner, was figure out who could get the lead before the half. I loved it.

That's changed--I'm doing very well at Tampa and GPX but dying at TUP, Prairie Meadows, Delaware, and Turfway I never won at. Those used to be my favorites.

Anyhoo, in the Feb issue of Phillips Racing News, they reviewed Trainer Moves. I won't bore you with the details, but it was complimentary

Go take a look www.phillipsracingnewsletter.com While you're there request a free back issue. I think they have a couple spot plays posted as well

-NCG
Since I did the review, I'll post part of the review:

This may be one of the best “all in one” software programs available today. Greg stands behind his products. If there are any changes or upgrades to the program, they are sent to you , free of charge. The program uses the same $1 Bris Data Files as his othe programs, so no need to purchase any other files. Greg is always available via his email or phone #, located on his site. Also he's always discussing his programs on Paceadvantage.com. So with all that said, Greg is offering this software at a very reasonable price of $49.99. I consider it a MUST have and rate it a very strong “9”
Old 02-05-2021, 06:08 PM   #6757
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Exclamation

Thanks for the kind words, Larry.

As I've posted several...like, many....times before: if you have a copy of BEST-FIVE it gives you (at the push of a button) a highly accurate contender list of 3 horses per race.

Horse Tourneys has 3-horse exacta box contests every day for a $12 buy-in. Just eliminate scratches, run the consensus...and play the 3 selections
in every contest race.

I don't need to tell you which tracks are best for this highly-specialized handicapping technique. (that was a joke, son).

I won the Tampa contest today (again) with this play. Someone asked me the other day if I had anything that wouldn't require much handicapping--I immediately sent him a copy.

Being an innovative, crafty mofo...I made a couple changes in the 7th and 8th. One cost me a big exacta, but luckily I won the other I changed. All exacta pays are for credited as a $1 play.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 02-05-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #6758
oughtoh

I think the 7th race paid $126. 3with 7
Old 02-06-2021, 12:16 AM   #6759
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I think the 7th race paid $126. 3with 7
Yes it did, Ed. That was one of the two I made a change on...I cowardly exchanged the longshot 7 horse (was 20-1 at the time) for a better-looking entry, and kissed that big score goodbye.

BUT...in the very next race, not having learned my lesson--and since it was a "live" contest, (meaning you can make changes on the fly) I exchanged the 3 horse for the 5 SKOL CHANT.
I got lucky that time and won it.

-NCG
Old 02-06-2021, 01:35 AM   #6760
oughtoh

You do great in these tournaments.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #6761
Vinnie

Excellent work Greg. I am going to have to start playing in some of these contests over at Horse Tourneys. Looks like they can be a lot of fun.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 02-06-2021, 12:36 PM   #6762
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
You do great in these tournaments.
Well Ed...it would appear that is the case but, I don't post the many times I embarrass myself and completely miss on the entire card.

LOL...that just doesn't make for interesting reading, and definitely doesn't help sales.

I can honestly say I've won more than I've lost there. Actually have made a withdrawal, without immediately having to replenish my bank.

-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 02-06-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #6763
oughtoh

I am with Vinnie, going to look into playing the tournaments. Since I have to bet on the phone now and can't bet GP, Sa or Laurel, it just isn't fun anymore. Win or lose in the tourneys, it is only $12 and a lot more fun.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:24 PM   #6764
rosenowsr

Hey Gregg Tam0207 wont open in trainer moves 14.7, opens fine in platinum and best5.

Maybe my machine, but tam0206 and tam0208 opens fine.

Just tam0207 wont open.
Curious
Old 02-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #6765
rosenowsr

Redownloaded file Tam0206. working fine now.

Sorry
Closed Thread