Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyFriedman
If she loses in the Oaks, without (God forbid) an injury, I'll take a picture of myself, standing in my underwear by the front gate to Belmont (I live about five minutes from the track), holding up a sign saying "I know nothing about thoroughbred racing." And post it here on the forum.

I have no expectation of having to do so.
Well, sir, you have given many people in this forum an unexpected reason to root against Blind Luck in the Oaks.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
Is this the new wave of the future, that any sensational filly or mare must now face males? Who made this rule?
Agree it is a bit early and wasn't there so much talk about Eight Belles being pushed to early and that she should've ran in the Oaks.
If they want to see what she does in the Oaks first, that's fine by me.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Well, sir, you have given many people in this forum an unexpected reason to root against Blind Luck in the Oaks.

tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
statik27

I think Blind Luck is as good as any filly in country, but I saw her up close at SA last moneth and she is a tiny thing, almost a pony lol. I'd guess JH doesn't want to get her beat up in a 20 horse field if he can avoid. I think that makes him pretty smart.

By the way, I don't like Devil May Care in the derby either. Let her show she's the best of her sex before she gets thrown to the wolves.
statik27 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
kenwoodallpromos

# of posts

I do not know you, but to back up your argument that Blind Luck is a good horse by name calling the connections and assuming what posters think is IMHO naive' for a person with as few PA posts as you.
FYI- most on this board have been very supportive of any decent female facing the boys. But they also know Hollenderfer and sometime defer to connections.
Hope you keep posting beyond the Oaks when my pick, Amen Hallelujah, gives BL a good thrashing! LOL!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #21
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzipi
Agree it is a bit early and wasn't there so much talk about Eight Belles being pushed to early and that she should've ran in the Oaks.
If they want to see what she does in the Oaks first, that's fine by me.

I don't know if Eight Belles was pushed too hard, but she was gonna break down (we know this because it happened) and if not in the Oaks, then it would have been the next race. You can't forsee or prevent it when there are no obviou signs, and with her, there were none.

I've been around long enough to know that Blind Luck is a real nice horse, but on paper she does not look like the second coming of Rachel or Ruffian. She's in the right race Friday.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #22
Spalding No!

Quote:
You can't forsee or prevent it when there are no obviou signs, and with her, there were none.
Not that it's definitive evidence, but Eight Belles lugged in dramatically in both the Fantasy and in her final pre-Derby workout.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #23
cpitt84

Quote:
Is this the new wave of the future, that any sensational filly or mare must now face males? Who made this rule?
like the article said, only america has issues with racing females against males...if she's good, she needs to race males too.
cpitt84 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #24
Audioslavery
Journeyman

This horse will probably race in the Preakness or Belmont, the field is stupid big in the derby, I'm glad she's staying out personally.

Now, when she wipes the floor with these boys in the other TC races, I will be here to gloat for west coast racing. ;D
Audioslavery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #25
KinkyFriedman

Why would you be glad she staying out? She could have been a Triple Crown winner. She's good enough to handle the 20-horse field. If only we could have gotten Hollendorfer a testicle transplant...
KinkyFriedman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
Sekrah
Veteran

Quote:
No one, but the best 3-year-old in the country should be in the premier race. She's the best 3-year-old of EITHER sex...she should be in the Derby.

No matter how many times you choose to state this garbage, it doesn't become true. You can post it for another 40 years, it'll still be a 100% completely false statement.

I'm looking forward to betting against this overrated horse Friday. When she runs 3rd, maybe it'll put some duct-tape over your screeching mouth.

BTW, What did this Super Horse run in the Santa Anita Oaks? and nearly every single colt in the Derby has a MILE RACE better than her Las Virgenes.

Last edited by Sekrah; 04-28-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Sekrah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #27
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrah
No matter how many times you choose to state this garbage, it doesn't become true. You can post it for another 40 years, it'll still be a 100% completely false statement.

I'm looking forward to betting against this overrated horse Friday. When she runs 3rd, maybe it'll put some duct-tape over your screeching mouth.

BTW, What did this Super Horse run in the Santa Anita Oaks? and nearly every single colt in the Derby has a MILE RACE better than her Las Virgenes.
I don't know if she is the best 3 year-old in the country, but the Derby pace sets up much better for her than the Oaks. Champagne D'Oro should get an uncontested lead and there will be alot of stalkers that will get to move on her before Blind Luck does. If the pace develops in the Derby like expected she would probably have been the horse to beat in the race.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #28
HollywoodParkStwd
Apprentice

Do You Know Anything About HR Kinky?

Quote:
Kinky, Do you know anything about horse racing? Firstly, Blind Luck has NEVER run beyond 1 1/16th miles! Secondly, there were only THREE other horses in her last race- the Fantasy! Tidal Pool- the 2nd place horse had lost her previous 4 races- twice off the board! There is no way in hell that Blind Luck could even finish in the Top 10 in the KD as she lacks the distance conditioning and stamina against the males in the race.
HollywoodParkStwd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #29
HollywoodParkStwd
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113
I don't know if she is the best 3 year-old in the country, but the Derby pace sets up much better for her than the Oaks. Champagne D'Oro should get an uncontested lead and there will be alot of stalkers that will get to move on her before Blind Luck does. If the pace develops in the Derby like expected she would probably have been the horse to beat in the race.
LMFAO!!!!!!! Althea was a million times better compared to Blind Luck- she ran in the KD after having RUN AND WON at longer distances and she couldn't even come close! Blind Luck is no Althea- she doesn't have the ability to win the Kentucky Derby. She has never even run a race beyond 1 1/16th miles, she had it easy in her last against only three horses- OF WHICH Tidal Pool has now lost 5 races in a row- twice off the board.

Eight Belles isn't a good example either since she was is excellent form heading into the KD- a race she was pointed towards after the Fantasy. EB not a great filly, nor did she ever win a Grade 1 race. She had talent and was very good, yet she came in second in a very weak KD- so ANYTHING is possible per say, but Blind Luck would have ZERO chance if she were in the KD.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #30
HollywoodParkStwd
Apprentice

Quote:
Why would you be glad she staying out? She could have been a Triple Crown winner. She's good enough to handle the 20-horse field. If only we could have gotten Hollendorfer a testicle transplant...
LMFAO

1. Out of the last 4 times Blind Luck has run 1 1/16th miles- she has been third twice. For those of you who know little about racing- the KD is 1 1/4 miles and no horse in modern history has won the KD who never even ATTEMPTED a distance beyond 1 1/16th miles-again the fact that Blind Luck has never won, or run beyond 1 1/16th miles is too high a mountain for this filly to climb unless it IS ONLY against 3 other horses- like her last race.

2. You can't realistically ask a filly to go from being 3rd twice in her last four tried at 1 1/16th miles to then jump all the way to 1 1/4 miles- Grade 1 against males- it would be insane if you knew racing.

3. Even Pletcher said that had Devil May Care lost the Bonnie Miss at 1 1/8th miles he would never have run her in the Derby at 1 1/4 miles.

3. Devil May Care is now in the Derby because she at least won her last at 1 1/8th miles.