Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #16
karlskorner

Lets not forget that Dave Hicks and Terry Meyocks were part of the baggage Kenny Noe brought with him from Florida. The whole thing is longer and deeper than most want to remember.
karlskorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
However, with that said, when you fire the steward.
Once again, the steward wasn't fired.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:25 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
The reasons have all been suggested on this forum in one way or another....no need to rehash again....
You said earlier "there is a reason"...implying there was one, that is why I asked. I really don't know, other than speculation about the detention barn. Is this what you think? I asked in seriousness, I have no idea why this meet has had so few runners.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #19
karlskorner

PA

Neither was Terry Meyocks " fired " He, Dave Hicks and Kenny Noe had enough brains to bail out before it hit the fan.
karlskorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #20
Bobby

Quote:
Once again, the steward wasn't fired.
I guess my point is that IT IS NOT JUST a coincidence that all three resigned/fired/retired on the same day. NYRA is not a convent. And neither is this a convenient retirement- Well its time to go I have been here 30 years, time for a new challenge. YEa, Ill give ya one - move over to Finger lakes.
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #21
Dr. Carter

Quote:
I had to delete my last post, because the NYRA steward, Dave Hicks, is retiring. My apologies...

He was "asked" to retire
Dr. Carter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #22
Dancer's Image
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You said earlier "there is a reason"...implying there was one, that is why I asked. I really don't know, other than speculation about the detention barn. Is this what you think? I asked in seriousness, I have no idea why this meet has had so few runners.
There was no implication....there was a statement of fact..."there is a reason"..why there are so few horses running at this Belmont meet. So cj asks what the reason is and PA says there is no need to rehash this! HUH? Here's a reason...he asked you a question. I'm asking the same question...what is the reason why there are so few horses running at Belmont this year? Thanks in advance for your considerate reply!

Wow...that was fast!

Last edited by Dancer's Image; 07-14-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Dancer's Image is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't have one definite answer as to why there is a shortage. All the reasons brought forth when combined certainly point to why there is a shortage (recent disease outbreaks, new drug testing procedures, mare reproductive loss syndrome). Sounds reasonable to me....

I'm not sure how a racing secretary could be responsible for a horse shortage, unless he was somehow repelling horses away from Belmont...LOL

I've heard nothing but good things about Mike Lakow at the helm all these years. But, like the baseball manager analogy, I suppose all you need is one bad meet, and all they need is someone to blame it on....
Old 07-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer's Image
There was no implication....there was a statement of fact..."there is a reason"..why there are so few horses running at this Belmont meet. So cj asks what the reason is and PA says there is no need to rehash this! HUH?
What is your problem? Did I not reply to CJ fast enough for your liking? You're trying my patience big time. You've got a hardon for me, and I don't find it appealing.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-14-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #25
GeTydOn

Quote:
But, like the baseball manager analogy, I suppose all you need is one bad meet, and all they need is someone to blame it on....
Or all you need is new captains at the helm of a sinking ship.

And what is up with the attitude from Dancer's Image?? It's surprising the administrators here put up the crap and disrespect.

Last edited by GeTydOn; 07-14-2005 at 03:55 PM.
GeTydOn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
There was no implication....there was a statement of fact..."there is a reason"
I didn't realize you were so slow, that I have to spell this out for you:

If one says "there is a reason", this does not necessarily equate to "I KNOW THE REASON"

So yes, there can be an implication, and NOT a statement of fact.

Example: "There is a reason why this happened" does not equal "I know THE REASON WHY this happened" Two different animals.

Carry on....and get off my ass...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-14-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #27
Dancer's Image
Veteran

Quote:
What is your problem? Did I not reply to CJ fast enough for your liking? You're trying my patience big time. You've got a hardon for me, and I don't find it appealing.
What is your problem? Can't you read? I posted at 1244 PM my time when you had not at that time, already answered cj. You posted at 1247 and I edited my post at that time saying "wow, that was fast".

You probably don't find me appealing, since I point out how rude you are, and you give me frequent opportunities. You need some more patience, and you certainly need to learn some manners.

By the way, after I posted at 1244 my time, kindly repeating the same question that cj asked and asking for an answer, and thanking you in advance for your kind reply, you send me a private message, which could be considered "assault"....

PaceAdvantage Administrator*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep off my ass.

I don't like being threatened! Please feel free to ignore me if you wish, but don't threaten me!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #28
Dancer's Image
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't realize you were so slow, that I have to spell this out for you:

If one says "there is a reason", this does not necessarily equate to "I KNOW THE REASON"

So yes, there can be an implication, and NOT a statement of fact.

Example: "There is a reason why this happened" does not equal "I know THE REASON WHY this happened" Two different animals.

Carry on....and get off my ass...

There is a reason is a statement of fact, it is not an implication. If you don't know the answer then say so, don't say there is no need to rehash the issue!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:06 PM   #29
GeTydOn

Quote:
You need some more patience, and you certainly need to learn some manners.
You're telling someone they need to learn manners?????

GeTydOn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2005, 04:10 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Now "Keep off my ass" is assult?

On what planet? It was ADVICE, kind of like a BUMPER STICKER --
"KEEP OFF MY ASS -- you're driving too close"
-------------------------------------

But, we all know what happened the last time someone publicly posted a private communication from me....oh well....

At least now we can get back to the subject at hand, with no more "thread hijacking" hijinx to distract us.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-14-2005 at 04:12 PM.