Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #61
Rwahi1

I am betting these three;

1) Union Rags,

2) I’ll Have Another,

3) Went the Day Well.

Good luck everyone.
Rwahi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #62
Canarsie

Alpha
Creative Cause
Union Rags
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #63
Grits

My top pick for several days has been Take Charge Indy. The choice has nothing to do with Calvin riding him, he'll be bet down for this reason. He's in good position, he doesn't have to roll with Hansen, Trinniberg and Bode. TCI's been under the radar, which suits me fine. His trainer, Pat Byrne's quietly confident, hasn't minded the stealth status.

I'll also place win bets on Daddy Knows Best and Sabercat. Like both horse's performances--CLOSERS. (On a side note, I pay attention to things others don't. In a video when asked if he was pleased with his post draw, Asmussen, who is always, without fail, measured and quiet, was beyond pleased. I've never seen him with such a smile. So talkative, so excited. He didn't flinch over Sabercat's outside post. Silly? Maybe, but I'll take my chances.) With these, I'll use Dullahan, Bodemeister, and Union Rags to fill out the exotics.

For sheer joy, and the blessing of life, Bode could win it for Bob and I'd be thrilled. I truly would! He's on his heart meds, today, he'll be fine.

Good luck, gentlemen. And may all horses and riders come back safely in all races today.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #64
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Good luck, gentlemen. And may all horses and riders come back safely in all races today.
A big Amen to that, Grits. If Bode can rate as well as Mikie says that he can it could be a happy day for Bob. I am betting him to win and using him over Daddy Nose Best, Dullahan and Daddy Long Legs. Also might put saver win bets on DNB and DLL. Best of luck to all.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #65
reckless
Veteran

Here are my selections for today's Kentucky Derby:

1-Creative Cause
2-Dullahan
3-I'll Take Another
4-Daddy Nose Best

Good luck to everyone!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #66
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I will be betting
Bodemeister,
Take Charge Indy
Dullahan

with the rest under them.

Going to try and hit the Trifecta

3,5,​6 WT,3,4,5,6,8,11,12,15,16,​WT,3,4,5,6,8,11,12,15,16

* if Hansen hits the tri...... I am screwed

Johnny V is on a 28-1 shot in

#13 Went the Day Well

bets on him to win/place

The best Jock in the country at 28-1 has to take a little money

Last edited by JustRalph; 05-05-2012 at 08:28 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #67
bcgreg

Union Rags
Daddy Nose Best
Take Charge Indy
Went the Day Well

GL to everyone!

bcgreg
bcgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #68
brdman12

Ex
Tri

6-1 5 11
brdman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #69
bigga 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG HIT
DULLAHAN WIN SEEM LIKE STAND OUT @ 8 TO1
You bet!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #70
Vinnie

JR:

Good luck to you today. I am kind of liking what you have. From all indications Dullahan looks like he is ready to improve quite a bit even after his last effort. And, Went the Day Well looks very good by my numbers to run well at this distance. Hey, I was at the Animal Kingdom last night at Disney (LOL) maybe this is a karma play connections wise. The good thing is I don't expect either one to be involved in the thick of the speed that will be up front. If Bode is the real deal which he may be, then, I have to keep him in the mix for an Exacta play. I am playing Dullahan and Went the Day Well to Win and a 5 horse Exacta box (although I should go considerably deeper) on:

Good Luck to all and have a super Derby day.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #71
Storm Cadet

I'm going with win bets on

And exacta boxing

Good luck to all today and especially my friend Joel who is a former racing partner of mine who has the $100,000 bet on the Derby!
Storm Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #72
Striker

Dullahan
Take Charge Indy
Daddy Nose Best
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #73
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Horses that did not race as a 2yo have not won the derby in 130 years. This year the only horse like that is Bodemeister. A 4-1 ML for an 0-130 stat horse is surely an underlay.
Wouldn't a more accurate stat be the number of Derby entrants that didn't race as a 2YO but ran in the Derby? Your 0-130 stat assumes an average of one horse that meets that criteria per year.

That being said, I do agree it's a tough hurdle to get over, and maybe Bode can do it. But I don't play 4-1 shots in the Derby.

In an effort to obtain a signer, I'll be boxing these in the Tri:

Hoofless_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #74
johnhannibalsmith

I haven't bet the Derby in several years, but you guys got me jazzed this year what with all the opinions and analysis pointing in almost every direction. After reviewing the video footage, I decided that Union Rags was probably the best horse in the race. Not that I suggest that means anything overly influential from a betting standpoint in the Derby, but there seemed to be few ways to really draw lines of separation between about a dozen in here.

I've noticed all of the love around here for Dullahan, who I really found it hard to get excited about. He ran a nice race last time, but between the fact that I wasn't big on Hansen and there wasn't much else in that race and the fact that Kent D. acted like the horse broke down he had him pulled up so fast after the wire - I guess I stuck myself with a less-than-positive impression of him coming out of that win that seems hard to shake in looking at this race.

I started to build more and more of a case for him forcefully and finally just decided that enough of those with opinions that I respect around these parts seem to really like him - I'd settle on those two as win candidates and try to build one of those .50c trifectas for relatively cheap money.

4,5 - 3,4,5,6,16 - 3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,19 = $44

I also played some cheapie P4 and P5 tickets to have a little entertainment action ending with those two.

So, I guess I should thank PaceAdvantage for getting me in the mood to at least have a little fun betting on the Derby this year for the first time in a while. And should Dullahan get me some cash out of the deal, I guess I'm ultra-thankful since without all of your opinions/analysis, I'd probably have him no better than the bottom of a trifecta.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #75
Maxximus
Journeyman

Creative Cause
Dullahan
El Padrino
Maxximus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply