Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-24-2018, 01:17 AM   #16
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
UserCP
Settings and Options
Edit Ignore List
Thank you kindly.
dballard125 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 01:32 AM   #17
boys at tosconova

i'm not big into speed figures in these types of races. pretty much what you see is what you get imo. it somebody wants to put a number on "said race" it will always be subjective, especially if everyone has their own rules of reasons for giving it.

obv comparing track to track is not an exact thing, and must be tempered in the big picture
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 01:38 AM   #18
MNslappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
the Justify hype train
Quote:
grossly inflated speed figure that is nothing more than propaganda to push Justify
Quote:
they had to really come up with a huge number for the SA Derby whether he earned it or not to justify ( no pun intended ) to make him the derby favorite
Quote:
throw away their money on horses that don’t realistically have a chance by publishing Highly Questionable ( nicest way to put it I could think of ) speed figures
Oh it's the most -- wonderful time -- of the year!

(((((they))))) just WANT you to think he's fast.

What a great conspiracy theory. Figure makers are purposely inflating and fellating Justify and his speed figs to make him a false Derby favorite in order to dupe the casual bettor. I want to know the rest, why are they doing this? To influence the tote on Derby day? It doesn't make sense that they would purposely dupe customers with bad figs, after all, they're out of the fig selling business if their numbers aren't a reliable handicapping tool. Why would a speed figure maker use "propaganda to push Justify"? What's in it for them?

brb, popcorn
MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 01:42 AM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNslappy View Post
Oh it's the most -- wonderful time -- of the year!

(((((they))))) just WANT you to think he's fast.

What a great conspiracy theory. Figure makers are purposely inflating and fellating Justify and his speed figs to make him a false Derby favorite in order to dupe the casual bettor. I want to know the rest, why are they doing this? To influence the tote on Derby day? It doesn't make sense that they would purposely dupe customers with bad figs, after all, they're out of the fig selling business if their numbers aren't a reliable handicapping tool. Why would a speed figure maker use "propaganda to push Justify"? What's in it for them?

brb, popcorn
The best part is we used the long play, having horses with really good speed figures win a lot of recent Derbies, all setting it up for a horse that didn't exist yet!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 01:46 AM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Serious question ....

Has Justify actually ever raced against a horse that has crossed the wire first in any race at all this year ??? I know Bolt has not. Maybe one of the other 13 horses he has raced against in his career has actually won at some point this year ??? Maybe one of them took down a $2500 claimer at Thistledown ??

Maybe we have another first for Justify ....

6. First time racing against a horse that has crossed the wire first in 2018
Unsurprisingly given the source, this would be incorrect. (x4)

Last edited by cj; 04-24-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #21
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Bolt d'Oro earnings: $1,016,000.00

I sure would love to find a similar incompetant trainer! 6 races.

Are you SURE you understand the pari-mutual wagering system?
I understand it perfectly. If I were selfish and short sighted than I would just happily accept all that misguided wagering dollars on Justify and be satisfied with the immediate gratification I get from benefiting from it in the KY Derby, but I am concerned with the long term viability of the sport and for horse racing to survive its going to need to attract new players and the way to do that is not fleecing the casual once a year player on the one day they decide to pay attention by trying to get them the bet on some false favorite by providing speed figures that are woefully misleading.
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #22
sammy the sage

Quote:
I understand it perfectly. If I were selfish and short sighted than I would just happily accept all that misguided wagering dollars on Justify and be satisfied with the immediate gratification I get from benefiting from it in the KY Derby, but I am concerned with the long term viability of the sport and for horse racing to survive its going to need to attract new players and the way to do that is not fleecing the casual once a year player on the one day they decide to pay attention by trying to get them the bet on some false favorite by providing speed figures that are woefully misleading.
I think you're FULL of it...You're ACTUALLY going to bet Justify with BOTH hands....think thou protest TOO much....
Old 04-24-2018, 07:39 AM   #23
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
i'm not big into speed figures in these types of races. pretty much what you see is what you get imo. it somebody wants to put a number on "said race" it will always be subjective, especially if everyone has their own rules of reasons for giving it.

obv comparing track to track is not an exact thing, and must be tempered in the big picture

Exactomondo, that's the most accurate post in this thread. When it comes to changing surfaces....you can basically toss most of that crap. Oh, he ran a 106 at Santa Anita......WTF will that mean at Churchill? Those things hardly ever transfer and horses will grab every surface differently. Some don't even "take" to a new surface. Every race is its own sub set, when they compare a race run 2 hours earlier and "adjust" the "figures", its just another reason to chuckle.

And the figs are always to high when a decent horse beats garbage. Class beats those things most of the time.

Its useful, something to look at but if that's the sole basis of your tickets....you'll never get the prices I'm looking for and get on a pretty regular basis. When someone comes up with a "magic number" to help me hit my exactas..........then that's all I'll look at.....

Last edited by burnsy; 04-24-2018 at 07:48 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #24
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
I think you're FULL of it...You're ACTUALLY going to bet Justify with BOTH hands....think thou protest TOO much....
LOL not with your money !!!!
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
LOL not with your money !!!!
The next thread you start with the intent to trash Justify will be the last thread you ever start here.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The next thread you start with the intent to trash Justify will be the last thread you ever start here.
Notice he ignored he was wrong about his "Justify hasn't beaten any horse to cross the wire first in 2018". That is trolling 101.

Last edited by cj; 04-24-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #27
TiffaniO
Queen B

Guys... this troll is either betting Justify in the Derby and trying to get people off of him OR he’s betting $2 show on Mendelsohn. Lmao
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #28
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The best part is we used the long play, having horses with really good speed figures win a lot of recent Derbies, all setting it up for a horse that didn't exist yet!
I KNEW IT! And all these years I thought I was just being paranoid. Now all I have to do is program in my new angle, The "Fake" Speed Figure Angle, I'm going to get rich on this one, I know it.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #29
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Many have pointed out that the SA surface has been historically slow this year.

Surely they cite this slow surface as the reason why this year's SA Derby had slower splits than the SA Oaks run on the same day, unlike nearly all recent prior years.

Perhaps they feel that the SA Oaks winners of late have been a bunch of slouches?

As Fleetwood Mac (and Eva Cassidy) once said: "...they know the score..."
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #30
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Surely they cite this slow surface as the reason why this year's SA Derby had slower splits than the SA Oaks run on the same day, unlike nearly all recent prior years.

Perhaps they feel that the SA Oaks winners of late have been a bunch of slouches?

As Fleetwood Mac (and Eva Cassidy) once said: "...they know the score..."
They aren't run at the same distance, for one. But even so this was explained to you already so I'll digress.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: