Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quip is out of the Derby

Being pointed to the Preakness. It is reported at DRF and several other outlets too.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Being pointed to the Preakness. It is reported at DRF and several other outlets too.
bummer, there goes more of the takeout as he had no chance.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
LoneF
Veteran

Gronkowski not running is even worse , next thing you know they will be saying Baffert came to his senses and Justify won’t run
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Must be Quip and Gronk saw Justify's workout and then came to their senses!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
Gronkowski not running is even worse , next thing you know they will be saying Baffert came to his senses and Justify won’t run
I'm glad you won't be around after the Derby...your kind always disappears for at least 11 months...
Old 04-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #6
boys at tosconova

all the other closers just frowned a little knowing that a spot has opened up for combatant.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 01:39 AM   #7
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
all the other closers just frowned a little knowing that a spot has opened up for combatant.
Combatant hasn't done much closing in any of his races since breaking his maiden.

He's actually lost ground in the stretch in 3 of his last 5 starts. In the 2 that he did make up ground, he made up 3/4 of a length and a 1/2 length, respectively. He's also only passed a single horse from the stretch call to the finish in all 5 of those races combined.

Furthermore, he hasn't been within 2 1/4 lengths of the winner at the finish of any of those races.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 01:49 AM   #8
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Combatant hasn't done much closing in any of his races since breaking his maiden.

He's actually lost ground in the stretch in 3 of his last 5 starts. In the 2 that he did make up ground, he made up 3/4 of a length and a 1/2 length, respectively. He's also only passed a single horse from the stretch call to the finish in all 5 of those races combined.

Furthermore, he hasn't been within 2 1/4 lengths of the winner at the finish of any of those races.
he really hasn't had much to run at. but he was right there in photo for 2nd in the ark. and solomini only beat him by a head in two straight races. i like solo for a few reasons, but they might be optimistic and hopeful jabs..and if i like solo, i gotta give a looksy at this one

i'm not going to split hairs trying to differentiate the strength of the closers. i really don't think any will get there
Old 04-24-2018, 01:59 AM   #9
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
he really hasn't had much to run at. but he was right there in photo for 2nd in the ark. and solomini only beat him by a head in two straight races. i like solo for a few reasons, but they might be optimistic and hopeful jabs..and if i like solo, i gotta give a looksy at this one

i'm not going to split hairs trying to differentiate the strength of the closers. i really don't think any will get there
I wonder if we won't see Solomini revert back to more of a presser style for the Kentucky Derby. His workout today was a short 3 furlong bullet move. Perhaps Baffert is trying to put some early speed back into him.

Note his BC Juvenile run, where he dueled with U S Navy Flag in a fast pace while outfooting 2 of the top contenders in here (Good Magic and Bolt D'Oro) who are by no means short of early speed.

Since that race he's been getting shuffled back and/or caught waiting behind horses. Depending on the draw, he might be on the engine again.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 02:18 AM   #10
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
I wonder if we won't see Solomini revert back to more of a presser style for the Kentucky Derby. His workout today was a short 3 furlong bullet move. Perhaps Baffert is trying to put some early speed back into him.

Note his BC Juvenile run, where he dueled with U S Navy Flag in a fast pace while outfooting 2 of the top contenders in here (Good Magic and Bolt D'Oro) who are by no means short of early speed.

Since that race he's been getting shuffled back and/or caught waiting behind horses. Depending on the draw, he might be on the engine again.
well,...i think any change could be positive because i think there's more there.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #11
PoloUK6108

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm glad you won't be around after the Derby...your kind always disappears for at least 11 months...
That's a nice thing to say. What, like a thousand people even know about this board..do you not want traffic?
PoloUK6108 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #12
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloUK6108 View Post
That's a nice thing to say. What, like a thousand people even know about this board..do you not want traffic?
More traffic/posters doesn't make for a better message board and discussion. I find it admirable that our fearless leader has no problem calling this guy out for his trolling of the triple crown page, it's not like he is banning the guy for stating his opinion however annoying it may be.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloUK6108 View Post
1,000 people...LULZ

Seriously dude?

Every other "name" horse racing message board on the web is DEAD as a DOORNAIL and you think only 1,000 people know about this board.

Smarten up.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #14
PoloUK6108

Well 'dude'...u catch my drift.

No one knows about it.

Whatever tho.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #15
PoloUK6108

Btw I promote this site on my Twitter. I like it, and want to see more on it.