Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #16
Blenheim
Race Player

Bolt d'Oro goes 6fl in 1:11.40; 7fl in 1:24.20 . . . smokin'!

Hofburg goes 5fl in 1:01.40 ships in today. Good Magic and My Boy Jack shipped over today and reports have it they have settled in. The Pletcher trio Audible, Magnum Moon and Noble Indy set to arrive tomorrow; gonna get a work over the surface. Mendelsshon touches down next Monday, 4/30.

The stage is being set and things are heatin' up.

Last edited by Blenheim; 04-22-2018 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Added a sentence . . .
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #17
Robert Fischer
clean money

After the Santa Anita Derby, the main concern for Baffert is that Justify doesn't get into the bit too hard, too soon.

Justify's recent work was very impressive. He waited on his workmate at the start, while that one played the role of a pace-setter (Promises Fulfilled). He was well within himself, but you could still see the brilliance even in a maintenance move. Massive, muscular, fluid movement... - he looked like an orca or something rolling through the turn into that gallop out , and then he smoothly responded to the jockey pulling him up on the backstretch.

A huge contrast to Bolt d'Oro's very different move, where he broke off from a pony and almost immediately set down into a decent pace. It was like a 4 furlong sprint and then a bit of maintenance-cruising entering the lane, and then a been driven through the deep stretch to finish well.

Both strong works. Different approaches.

If you just go by times, you miss what they're doing
Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 PM   #18
Blenheim
Race Player

I was kinda startled when I saw Noble Indy in fronts wraps but I took a look at Audible and Magnum Moon, they too had front wraps. Back in the olden times mischievous trainers would "weight" those front wraps down to slow the work times . . .

No doubt Pletcher had em' in wraps as a preventative . . . man that Noble Indy is a big horse. The next work will be crucial. It'll be interesting to see who takes to the track. I'll be listening for the chatter.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #19
Blenheim
Race Player

Latest works . . .

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...re-derby-works

Old 04-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #20
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
https://www.youtube.com/user/kentuckyderby/videos
Old 04-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

who here knows the 'work mates'?

If I had to guess, maybe Audible was with Patch, and Vino was with Outplay??

fk it , i'll try to look it up

EDIT times seem to confirm Vino/Outplay , but I don't see a work for Patch. Not sure who went with Audible...

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 04-27-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

How can you say Justify was outworked when you have absolutely no idea what he was supposed to do in the work? Workouts are not races. You will understand that after you watch more than a few dozen races.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #23
Robert Fischer
clean money

pletcher today
Vino Rosso = strong work (appeared to be in company with Outwork, may have run a 'bullet)
Magnum Moon = solid work (was on the inside, and may have prevented him from lugging out, but he delivered a strong gallop-out. I'm watching him in slow motion and everything... the jockey didn't have to hold him or anything demonstrative in the stretch. Pulled the reigns in on the turn, but that may just be the normal way the jock takes the turn on anyone /cues. didn't look all that comfortable in the face as he was striding, but he was moving so well. He's got some underlying issues, but he may be good enough to run a solid race regardless.)
Audible = poor work (it's possible that he was bothered by his goofy workmate who was on the wrong lead and not exactly moving fluidly..., or it may have simply been a poor work.)

Justify - maintenance work, strong gallop out. Was that Restoring Hope with him? I'm not sure who that was.

Lone Sailor - Amoss really has him trained up and sharp. Good physical appearance. Almost worry if he'll be 'too sharp' to rate and make his late run. Certainly in good shape, and mildly interesting as a long shot to get a piece.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #24
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
don't see a work for Patch. Not sure who went with Audible...
From the looks of it, probably another horse who is also not a "morning person".
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 06:09 PM   #25
GMB@BP

Quote:
pletcher today
Vino Rosso = strong work (appeared to be in company with Outwork, may have run a 'bullet)
Magnum Moon = solid work (was on the inside, and may have prevented him from lugging out, but he delivered a strong gallop-out. I'm watching him in slow motion and everything... the jockey didn't have to hold him or anything demonstrative in the stretch. Pulled the reigns in on the turn, but that may just be the normal way the jock takes the turn on anyone /cues. didn't look all that comfortable in the face as he was striding, but he was moving so well. He's got some underlying issues, but he may be good enough to run a solid race regardless.)
Audible = poor work (it's possible that he was bothered by his goofy workmate who was on the wrong lead and not exactly moving fluidly..., or it may have simply been a poor work.)

Justify - maintenance work, strong gallop out. Was that Restoring Hope with him? I'm not sure who that was.

Lone Sailor - Amoss really has him trained up and sharp. Good physical appearance. Almost worry if he'll be 'too sharp' to rate and make his late run. Certainly in good shape, and mildly interesting as a long shot to get a piece.
Audible looks like he may have some foot issues he is fighting, might be nothing, might be something.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #26
sammy the sage

Quote:
who here knows the 'work mates'?

If I had to guess, maybe Audible was with Patch, and Vino was with Outplay??

fk it , i'll try to look it up

EDIT times seem to confirm Vino/Outplay , but I don't see a work for Patch. Not sure who went with Audible...
National Flag with Audible

Old 04-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #27
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Audible looks like he may have some foot issues he is fighting, might be nothing, might be something.
Audible hates working mornings, that was brought up before the FL derby, and now they have him working mornings at CD.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #28
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #29
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Audible hates working mornings, that was brought up before the FL derby, and now they have him working mornings at CD.
I get that just saying talk about glue on shoes and other methods to fight his feet, its not ideal.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #30
papillon

Whelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
If you think that the work by Justify is slow, you need to pay closer attention to the trainer. Baffert usually has a "slow" work, followed by a "typical" fast work, going into Stakes races. If you want to judge a work on this horse, wait till the next one. I don't know how far the next work will be, but it should be at, or slightly below a 12 sec clip.
Knowing that I am setting myself up by responding to post criticizing LoneF, Justify just worked again. Almost identical, not following a typical slow work, fast work, or fast work, slow work pattern.

In fact it was so non-Baffert, it was one of Zoe Cadman's very first questions, to which he gave a very non-response, response, even suggesting the horse doesn't need any conditioning and tightenting...you know, because 3 lifetime starts since January really gives a lot of bottom....and experience.

You guys, esp Tom and Mr. Fischer are incredibly insulting toward people viewing data and trying to make sense of it, when it conflicts your own interpretation or utilizes a different metric or impacts your sacred cows. I assume you are all multi-millionaires, because clearly you are never wrong, even being able to judge works you didn't even watch.

You know who is working lights out, Flameaway.

I'd be willing to bet that Justify's core fan club here also were all in on Materiality and Verranzano and...Bellamy Road.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply