Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
bootyclause

rookie question about rain

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow in the NY/NJ area starting late tonight. Would you just automatically assume that any maiden or claiming race will be run on the main track at Monmouth Park?

Also, there's a stakes race called the Wolf Hill 60k. Is that the type of thing that they will keep on the turf no matter what or would that be moved to the main track also?

and also, any tips on betting rainy days? I see people saying to bet speed horses but it seems like I have seen many rainy races where the leader totally falters down the stretch.
bootyclause is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If it rains as much as they say, then I would expect all but the Graded Stakes Turf races to be run on the main track.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
Thomas Roulston

IMO most stewards are far too quick on the trigger when it comes to taking races off the grass.

Am I wrong for just once wanting to see a North American turf race contested on a track labeled "heavy"?

Last edited by Thomas Roulston; 05-19-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #4
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
IMO most stewards are far too quick on the trigger when it comes to taking races off the grass.

Am I wrong for just once wanting to see a North American turf race contested on a track labeled "heavy"?
If you had to maintain a grass course for five months of horses tearing the crap out of it, you wouldn't.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply