Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-01-2017, 05:08 PM   #1
mostpost

The Booming Trump Economy....or not

156,000 Jobs added in August. Averaging 170,000 per month since February. Sound good?

Not if you compare it to the 216,000 a month average for the last three years of the Obama administration. And each month that passes, Trump can count less and less on Obama to see him through.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
OntheRail

So the Alt-Left and Soros must be paying all those protester under the table.

Anyway we all know that Obama Administration played with the Jobs numbers. Sometimes it's not the quantity (part time) but the quality (full time) that matters.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
jimmyb

Census ‘faked’ 2012 election jobs report

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-...n-jobs-report/
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
lamboguy

Trump has been tremendous for gold unlike Obama who happened to have trashed the price of gold. if you own gold Trump is your friend, and i am long and strong that instrument.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #5
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Trump has been tremendous for gold unlike Obama who happened to have trashed the price of gold. if you own gold Trump is your friend, and i am long and strong that instrument.
For your info, my stock portfolio has performed beyond expectations since Trump has been in office. But it's nice to also see that gold is making a comeback.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Hillary is still not President. That's all that matters.

RBG is aging every day.

Life is good.......
Old 09-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Hillary is still not President. That's all that matters.

I will co-sign that. To be prepared for the horror of having to look at that nasty hag all over the place for 4 years & then have a miracle happen & have her vaporized is better than almost anything I could imagine. The joy of election night and seeing all her supporters crying will be a very fond memory I won't forget as long as I live. I laughed at those sobbing fools so hard and long I damn near peed my pants.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #8
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

I will co-sign that. To be prepared for the horror of having to look at that nasty hag all over the place for 4 years & then have a miracle happen & have her vaporized is better than almost anything I could imagine. The joy of election night and seeing all her supporters crying will be a very fond memory I won't forget as long as I live. I laughed at those sobbing fools so hard and long I damn near peed my pants.
Your not alone!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
So the Alt-Left and Soros must be paying all those protester under the table.

Anyway we all know that Obama Administration played with the Jobs numbers. Sometimes it's not the quantity (part time) but the quality (full time) that matters.
We know no such thing. That's just the whiny right talking.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
156,000 Jobs added in August. Averaging 170,000 per month since February. Sound good?

Not if you compare it to the 216,000 a month average for the last three years of the Obama administration. And each month that passes, Trump can count less and less on Obama to see him through.
In theory jobs will tick up as well. Having a Republican Controlled federal government is going to have that effect on business owners. They are much more apt to spend because they are confident that the leadership is pro-business as opposed to the previous administration that wasn't.

Is it Trump? Yes and no. Anyone with a R next to their name would have had similar results so legislatively he hasn't done much yet but people are happy he isn't going to hurt them. *cough* ObamaCare *cough*

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-01-2017 at 07:31 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #11
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
In theory jobs will tick up as well. Having a Republican Controlled federal government is going to have that effect on business owners. They are much more apt to spend because they are confident that the leadership is pro-business as opposed to the previous administration that wasn't.
If "business" supposedly favors repubs, it's odd that the stock market prefers them dems..

http://www.businessinsider.com/democ...eturns-2015-12
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #12
mostpost

On May 1, 2014 the Inspector General of the Commerce Department issued a report on those allegations. Some of the chapter headings of that report follow:

Chapter 3: Results of Investigation into Survey Falsification Allegations .................19

I. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that Subject 1 instructed his subordinates to falsify survey data...........

II. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that Subject 1 changed subordinate survey responses to manipulate data, or that Subject 1 or Subject 2 prevented falsification reports from being reported to Census Bureau

III. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that the national
unemployment rate was manipulated by the Philadelphia Regional Office in the
months leading up to the 2012 presidential election.

IV. Our investigation found no evidence supporting the allegation that Fernando
Armstrong directed falsification on the American Housing Survey in order to meet
performance goals.

V Our investigation found no evidence supporting allegations of widespread survey
data falsification in the Philadelphia Regional Office .....

You can find the full report at:
https://www.oig.doc.gov/OIGPublications/14-0073.pdf

Fake News. Phony. False. Pants on Fire
Old 09-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #13
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
For your info, my stock portfolio has performed beyond expectations since Trump has been in office. But it's nice to also see that gold is making a comeback.
Who cares about your stock portfolio? The same number of people who care about Lamboguy's gold. One. I care about whether people have jobs.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
If "business" supposedly favors repubs, it's odd that the stock market prefers them dems..

http://www.businessinsider.com/democ...eturns-2015-12
Thats an extremely over simplistic view. You could also compare deficit spending and a multitude of other factors like wars and geopolitical/economic climates.

Just go ask your average business owner how they feel about the future right now? I guarantee it's higher now than the previous administration.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:05 PM   #15
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Who cares about your stock portfolio? The same number of people who care about Lamboguy's gold. One. I care about whether people have jobs.
Unemployment is super low. You did cite unemployment numbers as signs Obama was doing a good job didn't you?

I thought they were BS then and I still think they are... but that's okay I'm a "liberal" around these parts now I guess.