Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-14-2019, 07:57 AM   #181
woodtoo

Not a huge fan but congratulations Toronto Raptors on a gutsty win last night.
Being from Canada will they get an invite to the White House?
Old 06-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #182
Valuist

Klay was playing out of his mind. If he doesn't go down, little doubt in my mind there's a game 7 in Ontario. Kawhi was nearly unanimous MVP but I didn't think it was that clear cut. Glad to see Van Vleet get a vote. He was huge, as was Lowry and Siakum.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #183
parlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Klay was playing out of his mind. If he doesn't go down, little doubt in my mind there's a game 7 in Ontario. Kawhi was nearly unanimous MVP but I didn't think it was that clear cut. Glad to see Van Vleet get a vote. He was huge, as was Lowry and Siakum.
Agree with everything you said but i had a more doubt.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #184
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Career ending, no, but will probably miss the whole season and definitely cost him a step and some spring.
Sounds accurate.

I'm thinking very much in line with that opinion.

If all goes smoothly on schedule, I'd expect him to miss a full season, come back leveraging a bit more of his length + shooting range and his 'gather' to try to make up the difference of that 'lost step'. He'd likely be a little less of a 'closer' and struggle to force/create baskets vs. double teams and tough 1-on-1 situations. He may even pack on a few pounds of muscle mass. The decline would be most evident on Defense.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 06-15-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #185
lansdale

AD to LA

Anthony Davis has been traded to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and picks. But they were able to retain Kuzma, which gives the team three proven scorers and an excellent chance to win the NBA West. A 10th trip to the Finals for Lebron?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...pelicans-davis
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #186
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Anthony Davis has been traded to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and picks. But they were able to retain Kuzma, which gives the team three proven scorers and an excellent chance to win the NBA West. A 10th trip to the Finals for Lebron?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...pelicans-davis
Seems a stretch to put them in the finals. They have a chance, but still going to need a lot more depth. Looks like they'll pursue Kemba. They definitely are going to need some depth and I'm not sure where it will come from. LeBron started showing some signs of getting older and AD always has injury issues. I'm going against.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #187
Robert Fischer
clean money

LeBron sells.

Move helps the league. No, it's not a guarantee, with health playing a major factor (and chemistry + depth determining how far ultimately)

I don't know if Jimmy Butler is off the table, now that Davis is on board, but that would certainly add strength if not bench depth.

LeBron isn't getting any younger, and Durant is probably facing a year of rehabilitation, so the time is now. Let's get them to the playoffs in good health with some depth, and then see what happens.

Risky/Underlay as far as sports betting, but it makes next season a lot more interesting than 2018-19's $%!#-show of the top-heavy Warriors, the impotent LeBron-Lakers, and the league desperately trying to make a star out of the Greek Freak and Kawhi Leonard.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #188
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Seems a stretch to put them in the finals. They have a chance, but still going to need a lot more depth. Looks like they'll pursue Kemba. They definitely are going to need some depth and I'm not sure where it will come from. LeBron started showing some signs of getting older and AD always has injury issues. I'm going against.
Right -- I'm not putting them in the Finals, just saying they have an outside shot now vs. 0 without AD. I think most would agree, though, that considering the sad developments with GSW in the past week, the AD move, and FA action still to come, the NBA West is more wide-open this year than it's been in awhile. And I think this move may shift the center of gravity in the league to LA for FAs and vet min. salary role-players making decisions about where they want to go next year, which will help w/depth. If Kemba does end up there (though I read he wants to stay in NC), I think they do become a lock in the west.

Regardless, Lakers are now a lukewarm 7/2 favorite on the Vegas line to win the championship. In fact, for anyone who bets NBA Futures, the current line appears to be the worst I've ever seen -- west teams at much lower odds than warranted, imho. I think it's almost free money to fade the west and dutch the top three east teams (TOR, SIXERS, BUCKS) to win the title.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #189
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Right -- I'm not putting them in the Finals, just saying they have an outside shot now vs. 0 without AD. I think most would agree, though, that considering the sad developments with GSW in the past week, the AD move, and FA action still to come, the NBA West is more wide-open this year than it's been in awhile. And I think this move may shift the center of gravity in the league to LA for FAs and vet min. salary role-players making decisions about where they want to go next year, which will help w/depth. If Kemba does end up there (though I read he wants to stay in NC), I think they do become a lock in the west.

Regardless, Lakers are now a lukewarm 7/2 favorite on the Vegas line to win the championship. In fact, for anyone who bets NBA Futures, the current line appears to be the worst I've ever seen -- west teams at much lower odds than warranted, imho. I think it's almost free money to fade the west and dutch the top three east teams (TOR, SIXERS, BUCKS) to win the title.
Agree with all of that. The top of the East is stronger at this point.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #190
davew

Canada wins - a country of great diversity

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: