Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Have you ever said out loud 'STOP THE RACE"?

Whether I'm betting from home or at the track live, I have a tendency to yell or say things, 'stop the race' is one of them.

I've also been known to slap my leg with the rolled up program as my horse is making a winning (hopefully) move.

Besides 'stop the race" and whipping your leg (we know you do it so don't lie!) what else might you do during (or immediately after) a race?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I've also been known to slap my leg with the rolled up program as my horse is making a winning (hopefully) move.
[YT=""]OiUjb2HRxEY[/YT]
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Whether I'm betting from home or at the track live, I have a tendency to yell or say things, 'stop the race' is one of them.

Besides 'stop the race" and whipping your leg (we know you do it so don't lie!) what else might you do during (or immediately after) a race?
I scream disgusting obscenities when I see Irad, Jose, Eric, Junior, Kendrick, Angel, Cornelio, Javier etc CHOKE A horse out who got a flyer from the gate as the lone speed.

I whisper don't break down or fall off in deep stretch when my horse is well clear for a score.

I speak out instructions to the pin head during the race, as if they have a microphone in their ear and find that when they listen, they win. When they don't, they lose.

I LOVE rooting hard for a favorite to quit/hang/slow down.

Like the 2 seconds that people have right before a car crashes into them, I see what's about to happen, process it and scream for the pinhead to avoid it and 99% they don't listen, resulting in catastrophic results.

When my horse is 1st over about to pass the leader on the far turn but the jock is being too passive I scream: Don't tickle Jason/Michael Meyers with the machete, use it hard and take away any dreams the leader has!

Sadly, I have some real twisted lines but can't repeat them on here.

Been voted best rooter many times. I never ever BEG. Never plead. My roots are full of energy and passion.

Hate the guys who scream and whine and plead: One time for me. (So you never win, is that what you're saying?)

There's more, just a sampling....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:

I know a lot of people that yell 'Stop the race', the problem is they yell it when their horses are winning, and if they did stop the race it would be declared a no contest. If I'm going to implore them to stop the race it will be when my superfecta horses are running 9-10-11-12

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

What I want to know is what do you say or do when a Rodriguez who is 1/77 doesn't give his horse a good ride?

Does your leg slap the program ? (You can't use, I go on PA and let it out there )
Old 03-11-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
What I want to know is what do you say or do when a Rodriguez who is 1/77 doesn't give his horse a good ride?

Does your leg slap the program ? (You can't use, I go on PA and let it out there )
Depends if I'm at a track surrounded by people or at home. I just shake my head a lot of times, I might say 'c'mon son'
Old 03-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I scream disgusting obscenities when I see Irad, Jose, Eric, Junior, Kendrick, Angel, Cornelio, Javier etc CHOKE A horse out who got a flyer from the gate as the lone speed.

I whisper don't break down or fall off in deep stretch when my horse is well clear for a score.

I speak out instructions to the pin head during the race, as if they have a microphone in their ear and find that when they listen, they win. When they don't, they lose.

I LOVE rooting hard for a favorite to quit/hang/slow down.

Like the 2 seconds that people have right before a car crashes into them, I see what's about to happen, process it and scream for the pinhead to avoid it and 99% they don't listen, resulting in catastrophic results.

When my horse is 1st over about to pass the leader on the far turn but the jock is being too passive I scream: Don't tickle Jason/Michael Meyers with the machete, use it hard and take away any dreams the leader has!

Sadly, I have some real twisted lines but can't repeat them on here.

Been voted best rooter many times. I never ever BEG. Never plead. My roots are full of energy and passion.

Hate the guys who scream and whine and plead: One time for me. (So you never win, is that what you're saying?)

There's more, just a sampling....
I've also yelled 'just dont fall off' too!

I'm with you on the 'quit' stuff, I do it much more when there's a specific favorite I dislike and he's on the lead and my band of horses are sweeping up, yes, I'll do that too!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Depends if I'm at a track surrounded by people or at home. I just shake my head a lot of times, I might say 'c'mon son'

I honestly don't care. If I'm home or at the track, I'm gonna speak up. Yesterday was on track. Told my peers, 4-8 cold in race 4. 8/1 18/1. Whole race was "coaching Luzzi" on what to do. He seemingly listened to every instruction.

Race ended, the entire area (all of 10 people ) got up and started clapping for 20 seconds.

Wish every day was like yesterday but alas it's not. Good times!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
RunForTheRoses

Where's the MFin wire?
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I've walked out to the paddock and AQU and yelled my butt off, (In a professional and respectful manner) to many jocks. If you don't curse and politely let the world know what they did incorrectly, you accomplish a lot.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:20 PM   #11
RunForTheRoses

I'm also partial to yelling "Let that 2 horse run, let that 2 horse run" I got that from watching a psychopath in my mutuel teller days
Old 03-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
Where's the MFin wire?
I LIKE THAT ONE! Hear it many times !
Old 03-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
I'm also partial to yelling "Let that 2 horse run, let that 2 horse run" I got that from watching a psychopath in my mutuel teller days
Do you play NYRA races? BC if you do, I would bet you yell A LOT! A lot of rating going on the past 3 years.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

We have 1 guy, 89 years old, looks like he's 50.

When a BOMB is leading (and visibly winning), he calmly says:

Alright now MON, shut it down. (meaning save for next time).
Old 03-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #15
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Do you play NYRA races? BC if you do, I would bet you yell A LOT! A lot of rating going on the past 3 years.
Play nyra all the time, yeah it does suck when your horse hangs like a cheap suit.