Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
maliksealy210

3/3 Gulfstream Rainbow 6 up to 2.1mil Carryover... Is today the day

With the carryover now over the 2 million mark, I think we are all anticipating the big syndicates coming down the line this weekend to make a big stab at it with some big tickets. But, I think today's card has the perfect chance to be hit (similar to what the Magic Jack guy did several years ago of swooping it up before the weekend).

I will reevaluate a bit after we see the scratches come down the line, but right now 4 of the 6 races have 6 or more valid choices in deep fields, with the 11th being one of the toughest Maiden Claiming races I've seen of the Championship meet.

1360800 combinations today before scratches, meaning the ultimate caveman ticket is $272,160. I think we could see multiple tickets in the 40-50k range today after what the Magic Jack guy did. I think this card will pay out the pool.

If I'm wrong, well, I'm wrong.
maliksealy210 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

They'll get a much bigger pool on mandatory payout day if they don't try and create a card with impossible and large fields, throw in some short fields w Pletcher standouts, that way, you get everyone in the pool not just well heeled syndicates.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Might have a lot of scratches because of the Payson Park quarantine.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
hopbet

RAINBOW SIX (GULFSTREAM)

NO single tickets. Carry over for Friday's card

HOPBET
hopbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
thespaah

I'm confused. The equibase chart says "6 correct" with a payout of
$1842....Then in the right column it states there is a $2.2 million carryover.
What gives?
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
I'm confused. The equibase chart says "6 correct" with a payout of
$1842....Then in the right column it states there is a $2.2 million carryover.
What gives?
It's the Rainbow Pick 6, not a regular Pick 6. Getting all six correct has a payout, but it's only a "consolation" payout (which is why the bet has an effective takeout of over 50 percent, but that's been beaten to death in other threads). You have to be the only person to have a correct ticket to get the $2.2 million. If there's more than one winning ticket it carries over.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #7
arw629
First Time Gelding

I didn't see the first three races but the rest of the card seemed like there was a huge speed bias on the turf course. The dirt track featured closers from the clouds but the dirt races seemed to feature hot paces.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 11:02 PM   #8
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

rainbow's illusion

Once the rainbow p6 reaches a certain mass of $, it becomes difficult to hit on a single ticket because so many combinations get covered by lots of people and syndicates (I have read this from posts here on PA, I think).

I wonder if the track get to invest the "parked funds" anywhere short term while they "wait" for a winner?

What if the tote machines could calculate all the combinations that were not covered prior to post time and spit this info out for track management just before bet close time?

Then the track could just cover the remaining bets at a minimum cost and have the single winning ticket...

Are there any rules that say that the track can't bet on it's own product?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 12:37 AM   #9
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
Once the rainbow p6 reaches a certain mass of $, it becomes difficult to hit on a single ticket because so many combinations get covered by lots of people and syndicates (I have read this from posts here on PA, I think).

I wonder if the track get to invest the "parked funds" anywhere short term while they "wait" for a winner?

What if the tote machines could calculate all the combinations that were not covered prior to post time and spit this info out for track management just before bet close time?

Then the track could just cover the remaining bets at a minimum cost and have the single winning ticket...

What kind of return can you get on a safe short-term investment these days?

As far as betting their own product, they would be better off figuring out which combos are only bet once and betting them to assure a carryover.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 04:34 AM   #10
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
What kind of return can you get on a safe short-term investment these days?

As far as betting their own product, they would be better off figuring out which combos are only bet once and betting them to assure a carryover.
ok....what if they do BOTH? then they would have the ones that are bet once AND the ones that were formerly not bet at all. Bingo!

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-04-2016 at 04:38 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 07:09 AM   #11
Hard2Like

Quote:
ok....what if they do BOTH? then they would have the ones that are bet once AND the ones that were formerly not bet at all. Bingo!
That's not even the half of it!
What about when the Martians scoop this thing?
Hard2Like is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #12
ultracapper

I think the track has bought tickets before. I think we discussed this before. Or maybe it was being suggested they should the next to last day of the meet.

I remember this came up.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

There would have to a human being making the bets, someone with a valid SS number.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #14
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
There would have to a human being making the bets, someone with a valid SS number.
Not certain about that. Some of these syndicates are actually LLCs. I know that Cratos said he and his associates set up an LLC for their operation. LLCs have Tax Identification Numbers. So do race tracks.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Not certain about that. Some of these syndicates are actually LLCs. I know that Cratos said he and his associates set up an LLC for their operation. LLCs have Tax Identification Numbers. So do race tracks.
Interesting. Didnt know that.