Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #16
jameegray1

The Stewards at Delta R7 today ignored the late opening gate on the which went on to win the race, while declaring the a non-starter due to gate malfunction.

A risk free bet for anyone who backed the .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delta R7b.jpg (108.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by jameegray1; 12-03-2020 at 05:43 PM.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 07:20 PM   #17
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post
The Stewards at Delta R7 today ignored the late opening gate on the which went on to win the race, while declaring the a non-starter due to gate malfunction.

A risk free bet for anyone who backed the .
Now the question is - was that the gate that "survived" the hurricane, or was it the new gate they had brought in to replace the one severely damaged in the hurricane?
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #18
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post

I REALLY want to see this happen one day.
To take that further. I remember from the CA Rule Book that if the starting gate isn't functioning properly with no way of fixing it in the immediate. The Stewards have the option of allowing the rest of the races on that particular card to be run with a walk up start.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #19
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
To take that further. I remember from the CA Rule Book that if the starting gate isn't functioning properly with no way of fixing it in the immediate. The Stewards have the option of allowing the rest of the races on that particular card to be run with a walk up start.
Not a problem at Santa Anita. They have like 5 gates parked in the parking lot.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #20
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Not a problem at Santa Anita. They have like 5 gates parked in the parking lot.
Back in the day it used to be cool to see the gate slowly toooleying down Interstate 5 on it's way from Hollywood Park to Del Mar. I remember seeing that a couple times.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #21
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Back in the day it used to be cool to see the gate slowly toooleying down Interstate 5 on it's way from Hollywood Park to Del Mar. I remember seeing that a couple times.
When I was a little kid, both Del Mar and Hollywood Park had white starting gates. I never realized they were the same gate.

Then around 1979 or so, Hollywood painted its gate gold. And all of a sudden Del Mar had a gold gate too. That's when I learned that.

But Santa Anita and Belmont are the two tracks I remember as having a bunch of spare gates parked prominently on the property. I can confidently predict that neither one will ever have to go to a walk-up start.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply