Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 177 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #18376
Hank

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
If you believe the story about Jonah and the Whale...then what WON'T you believe?

Your saying that you are a "critical thinker" is the most erroneous comment since General Custer, who supposedly told his men at Little Bighorn..."Over that hill, I think there are FRIENDLY Indians".

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #18377
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
General Custer's last words to his men were:

"Take no prisoners."

And they didn't.

Christ could have come as a donkey, as an ox or even a Donkey-ox, it would have not mattered. William of Ockham, famous voluntarist, heretic

A closed mind acts like a hoarder, keeping all the trash locked inside. me
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #18378
Actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
If you believe the story about Jonah and the Whale...then what WON'T you believe?
There is a story of James Bartley, a crewman on a whaling vessel, who was swallowed whole by a sperm whale in February 1891. Bartley was able to survive for 15 hours (36 hours by some accounts) in the whale's stomach which contained breathable oxygen. Fellow whalers discovered Bartley while butchering the whale. They washed him off with sea water. His skin was bleached by the whale's stomach acid but he eventually made a full recovery.

Unfortunately for those who would offer this story as proof that the original Jonah story is plausible, it has been thoroughly debunked as a hoax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bartley

Last edited by Actor : Today at 12:19 AM.
Actor is online now   Reply With Quote Reply