Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #796
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhook206
Oct 12. Woodbine race 9.

So the entry and go off at odds on at 1-2. The gate does not fully open for the . comes in 4th. Inquiry. After 10 minute inquiry they rule the entry is a non-runner/scratch even though the ran and finished. Strange....
Same thing would happen if the won the race and the was disqualified for interference, both parts of the entry come down.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #797
Redhook206

What would they have done if the wins the race?? Refund??
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #798
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhook206
What would they have done if the wins the race?? Refund??
I think they do, but that's a tough way to lose. If the refund is due to an unfair start, but you still win, it couldn't have been unfair by definition.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #799
Redhook206

Check out the start of Belmont 10.
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #800
ultracapper

I know they had no choice but to bring Talamo down in the 9th today at Santa Anita, but God, it hurt anyway. Ouch!!! $30 horse.

Last edited by ultracapper; 10-12-2015 at 08:59 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #801
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I know they had no choice but to bring Talamo down in the 9th today at Santa Anita, but God, it hurt anyway. Ouch!!! $30 horse.
DQs like that are less painful than the ones that you don't see unfold in front of your eyes. This was one you knew was coming down before the race was even over, it's not like some little bump that happened on the backstretch that you didnt even know about and you're celebrating and they say "wait a second" and youre like "huh".

All DQs are tough to swallow but I know personally one like this stings less because I saw it happen before I counted my cash.

Sorry UC, good pick.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:39 PM   #802
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
DQs like that are less painful than the ones that you don't see unfold in front of your eyes. This was one you knew was coming down before the race was even over, it's not like some little bump that happened on the backstretch that you didnt even know about and you're celebrating and they say "wait a second" and youre like "huh".

All DQs are tough to swallow but I know personally one like this stings less because I saw it happen before I counted my cash.

Sorry UC, good pick.

good point.. like the one yesterday at SA. even tho horse was only 3-1 horse fought his eyeballs out and held on to win. and i was too busy isolating on him to see an inquiry coming. i will admit i was counting the $$$ already then
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #803
ultracapper

Quote:

Sorry UC, good pick.
Yep, I knew I wasn't getting paid during the run out. Not only was it obvious, but the fouled horse definitely lost a chance for a better placing. He may have won outright even, though I thought Talamo was going well enough to hold on if he would have been able to run straight. He wasn't entirely out of gas and the other O'Neill that ultimately got his picture taken wasn't flying.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #804
SuperPickle

So watched the last race at SA about four times and for the life of me I can't imagine what Talamo was doing. It might be the worst ride I've seen in months at a major track.

The horse drifted in from the time they straighten away to the wire and he just kept hitting him right handed. I assume he never saw the one horse but still. That jockey had to be screaming at the eighth pole and he still never took any corrective action.

The suspension he gets can't be long enough.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 11:58 PM   #805
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
So watched the last race at SA about four times and for the life of me I can't imagine what Talamo was doing. It might be the worst ride I've seen in months at a major track.

The horse drifted in from the time they straighten away to the wire and he just kept hitting him right handed. I assume he never saw the one horse but still. That jockey had to be screaming at the eighth pole and he still never took any corrective action.

The suspension he gets can't be long enough.
I agree, you gotta be a bit more aware of your surroundings, no excuse for a top flight veteran jock to let that happen
Old 10-13-2015, 12:33 AM   #806
no breathalyzer
Veteran

wow sounds like i'l have to watch this replay now... i did and wow i would be super steamed over that one. tough beat. wounder if he's going to get days for that

Last edited by no breathalyzer; 10-13-2015 at 12:43 AM.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #807
Stillriledup
Veteran

Not sure why the 5 wasn't placed behind the 8 at santa Anita in the 5th.

Anyone?
Old 10-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #808
SG4

Quote:
Not sure why the 5 wasn't placed behind the 8 at santa Anita in the 5th.

Anyone?
Because the 5 didn't foul the 8, don't see any real question about it
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #809
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Because the 5 didn't foul the 8, don't see any real question about it
Of course he did, why do you think the 8 didnt get thru? The 5 had his head cocked and was lugging in, the 5 is a crud w no talent, the 8 is a much better horse and would have beaten him easy.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:15 PM   #810
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Of course he did, why do you think the 8 didnt get thru? The 5 had his head cocked and was lugging in, the 5 is a crud w no talent, the 8 is a much better horse and would have beaten him easy.
According to normal SRU logic. Pay the

And now you want to change the order of "what could have been" by placing a horse that was fouled above a horse that finished ahead of him and was also fouled because you thought he was better.

SRU needs to be in every Stewards booth around the country while wagering on those races. Only way we can ever get a fair inquiry.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: