Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
jelly
Veteran

Prado still has It.

12th race at Gulfstream-

Prado riding the #11 horse(Bombagula)and sitting off the leaders with the #9 horse(bet down from 12-1 to 3-1) inside of him.
Waiting patiently,and keeping the 9 inside of him, Prado waited until deap in the stretch to then make his move for the win.

The #9(Castellano) was clearly the best horse in the race,the Old man still has a little left.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
ukbro00

He had a pretty bad ride earlier in the card. I think he has "IT" when he wants to, but his drive isn't what it used to be.
ukbro00 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Shelby

I think Edgar is a good jockey, but I'm jinxed by him. If I pick him, he doesn't win, if I don't, he does lol.
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

They are all going to win now and then, but he is a shell of his former self.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
They are all going to win now and then, but he is a shell of his former self.
I have seen some sparks as of late.........but nothing near the old days when I would love to see him move to a horse I liked.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 AM   #6
Sekrah
Veteran

Prado's washed up. I have to be really in love with one of his rides if I'm going to back him. If I have Paco Lopez on a horse that I rate just slightly behind Prado's horse, I'll bet on Paco EVERY time. On Beyer figs Paco's easily worth 3 more points than Prado.
Sekrah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
igiveupregistering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrah
Prado's washed up. I have to be really in love with one of his rides if I'm going to back him. If I have Paco Lopez on a horse that I rate just slightly behind Prado's horse, I'll bet on Paco EVERY time. On Beyer figs Paco's easily worth 3 more points than Prado.
And when do YOU believe "Paco Lopez" will be voted into the HOF?
igiveupregistering is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly
12th race at Gulfstream-

Prado riding the #11 horse(Bombagula)and sitting off the leaders with the #9 horse(bet down from 12-1 to 3-1) inside of him.
Waiting patiently,and keeping the 9 inside of him, Prado waited until deap in the stretch to then make his move for the win.

The #9(Castellano) was clearly the best horse in the race,the Old man still has a little left.
Ummm, did you happen to catch Prado's rides on this horse the last 2 times? It was dumb luck he got this horse home yesterday.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
exiles
Veteran

[QUOTE=jelly]12th race at Gulfstream-

The #9(Castellano) was clearly the best horse in the race,the Old man still has a little left.[/

IMO, I'm very surprised that he still gets any mounts at all,he should of quit 2 years ago.
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Sekrah
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igiveupregistering
And when do YOU believe "Paco Lopez" will be voted into the HOF?
If Paco Lopez moves to a dump track with 6 horse fields and racks up thousands of bogus wins he's a lock.

Edgar Prado is a joke.
Sekrah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
Market Mover

Prado on Shared Account, 2010 BC Filly and Mare Turf

Quote:
If Paco Lopez moves to a dump track with 6 horse fields and racks up thousands of bogus wins he's a lock.

Edgar Prado is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SsOphmx-o

Prado was no joke if you had him at 45-1 in last year's BC! Watch this masterpiece of a ride...(he is on the mare with the No. 5 saddlecloth)..
Market Mover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #12
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Edgar Prado is a joke.
Now I remember you. The guy that disappeared after the Preakness last year when your opinion was incorrect and talked all that smack beforehand.

Anyway, Prado is a shell of his former self now (regardless of his good ride in the BC last year), but he was one of the top riders in the game for over a decade.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Now I remember you. The guy that disappeared after the Preakness last year when your opinion was incorrect and talked all that smack beforehand.

Anyway, Prado is a shell of his former self now (regardless of his good ride in the BC last year), but he was one of the top riders in the game for over a decade.
It wasn't his fault. He lost his internet connection and didn't have a library card.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
Skanoochies

The Barbaro tragedy seemed to have a really bad affect on him. Never been the same IMO.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #15
igiveupregistering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanoochies
The Barbaro tragedy seemed to have a really bad affect on him. Never been the same IMO.
You're right.

He probably was "second guessing" himself after Barbaro broke through the gate the first time...
igiveupregistering is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: