Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #181
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
But he could have told the guy get the horse out as fast as possible and start angling over immediately. I can't imagine he's going to instruct the guy to crash into horses on purpose, but telling the guy to angle over immediately is a more believable scenario, if he told him anything at all.

Is it possible that Baffert would have said absolutely nothing at all to Garcia and just said good luck? Mike Smith would know, he's ridden the BCC for Baffert on a speed horse, he knows what goes on in those little paddock talks.
Too risky in my opinion.

Shared Belief (**** I didn't call him SI this time!) wasn't some monster that Baffert would be scared of one of his Grade I speed horses being unable to beat.

Part of the fun is the debate, and I guess we'll "never know" for sure.

Maybe bump-n-run tactics were in fact instructed by Bob Baffert? Maybe there was bad blood, behind the scenes with Jim Rome??

I think it was 'on the level'.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #182
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Too risky in my opinion.

Shared Belief (**** I didn't call him SI this time!) wasn't some monster that Baffert would be scared of one of his Grade I speed horses being unable to beat.

Part of the fun is the debate, and I guess we'll "never know" for sure.

Maybe bump-n-run tactics were in fact instructed by Bob Baffert? Maybe there was bad blood, behind the scenes with Jim Rome??

I think it was 'on the level'.
All we have is speculation and the video that proves exactly what DID happen. Unless, like one poster suggests in another thread, there's a lawsuit of some kind.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #183
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineshaft
This thread is about if you believed there should be a DQ or not? If yall 2 want to argue about how long Mig was in Cali go start another thread about that. Stick to the subject at hand you got it ?
You're just upset because Dilanesp is usurping your position as worst poster on PA.

It's a horse race, I'll give you that.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #184
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
You're just upset because Dilanesp is usurping your position as worst poster on PA.

At least he stays on topic. Nothing you've posted in this thread has been about the inquiry in the BC Classic.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #185
Tor Ekman

I would love to know what Mike Smith actually said to the stewards because based on Smith's unequivocal statement on air to NBC immediately post-race, either Scott Chaney is an outright liar or Mike Smith pulled a Fred McMurray/Caine Mutiny-like reversal when speaking to the stewards.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #186
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
At least he stays on topic. Nothing you've posted in this thread has been about the inquiry in the BC Classic.
The board has moderators, don't really need your input in that area. Lord knows we get enough of it in every other thread on the board.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #187
dilanesp

Quote:
I think the public choice stuff is some sort of a factor as its more likely that a favorite would have "gained more lengths" or a "higher placing" than a 50-1 shot and this is where handicapping comes in. Also, if we are going down this road, we also could consider how the interference affected the race shape.
If a steward wants to make the best possible decisions he or she can, isn't it a good idea to be an expert on the handicapping process and knowing the horses and their talents inside and out? I mean, it can't hurt to be an expert handicapper, right?
That's giving the stewards a whole lot of power to nullify people's winning tickets based on subjective handicapping.

Suppose Goldencents fouled Vicar's in Trouble at the start. If this were the rule, Goldencents could be disqualified for potentially affecting the race shape, when he was actually going to win the speed duel anyway.

Also, this sort of thing strikes me as massively unfair to longshot players.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #188
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I feel like I'm reading an episode of "The Soprano's" and Bob Baffert is Tony and Garcia is Christopher.

I have to say, Baffert sure did pull off one serious conspiracy if you believe some of the stuff in this thread.

I think it's possible that a pretty quick gate horse came blasting out of the gate sideways and it was totally organic. End of story.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #189
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
That's giving the stewards a whole lot of power to nullify people's winning tickets based on subjective handicapping.

Suppose Goldencents fouled Vicar's in Trouble at the start. If this were the rule, Goldencents could be disqualified for potentially affecting the race shape, when he was actually going to win the speed duel anyway.

Also, this sort of thing strikes me as massively unfair to longshot players.
These are good points, but i think the bottom line remains that anything the judges do is essentially rendering an opinion. If you're going to be making DQs based on "cost a placing" knowing how good the horses are and their likelihood of being able to overcome interference should be pretty important to your job.

I would have no problem with the judges if they didn't DQ Goldencents for bumping Vicar's in trouble while factoring in the greatness of Goldencents. If i bet Goldencents, i want the judges to take his greatness into consideration when forming an opinion on a DQ or not. Same with SB.

No need to treat all the horse's equally if you're making DQs and decisions based on whether or not a horse was cost a placing.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #190
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I feel like I'm reading an episode of "The Soprano's" and Bob Baffert is Tony and Garcia is Christopher.

I have to say, Baffert sure did pull off one serious conspiracy if you believe some of the stuff in this thread.

I think it's possible that a pretty quick gate horse came blasting out of the gate sideways and it was totally organic. End of story.
But then how can people post 100 times building up their conspiracies if they believe such a simple, logical explanation? We all know a horse is a 1000-pound animal that can be steered like a car and always runs in a perfectly straight line...
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #191
Mineshaft
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy

All you want to do is correct people on here thats the only time you chime in you prick.
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #192
Mineshaft
Veteran

Why would Garcia intentionally take out Shared Belief? When you take out a horse you risk also getting ur own horse in trouble. So why would he risk getting his own horse in trouble in a Grade 1 5 million dollar race?
Old 11-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #193
Mineshaft
Veteran

Also will Garcia get days?

Espinoza got days for floating SB wide in the Awesome Again why doesnt Garcia get days?
Old 11-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #194
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineshaft
Also will Garcia get days?

Espinoza got days for floating SB wide in the Awesome Again why doesnt Garcia get days?
I think i read that he won't get days.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #195
Mr_Ed

Shared Belief banging heads with #4:

Should I show you the pic of Smith standing up just before the quarter because of the traffic problem created by Bayern?
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: