Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #736
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
So you agree that we need a thorough INVESTIGATION of this matter by a third-party like the FBI.
No, that is ridiculous and always has been.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #737
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Investigation of what? The woman says he touched her inappropriately 37 years ago. She doesn't know where or when it happened. She named 3 witnesses, all of whom say they didn't see anything. She says other people knew about it or heard about it, but they deny it.
We do not know what she remembers. Kavanaugh's buddy Judge might remember under oath. You can not assume it is not able to be investigated by professionals. The FBI has more training and experience with old crimes and events than you and the judiciary committee
Quote:
The FBI can investigate facts or alleged facts or corroborating testimony. There aren't any. With all the media hype about this, one would think that anyone with even hearsay evidence would come forward. To date, one woman did, and then she retracted her statement, admitting that she made it up. There is nothing to investigate.
Anita hill had 3 corroborating witnesses, but the Fbi was not allowed to present them. The rethugs are afraid Kavanaugh may not be pure and squeaky clean just as they were afraid Thomas was not so pure.
Quote:
Does anyone here think that the Democrats weren't digging for dirt while they sat on this for 2 months? Or that the media hasn't been digging for dirt ever since the moment this was made public? Does anyone here believe that the FBI, in a couple of weeks, is going to find anything that hordes of Democrat operatives and liberal media weasels couldn't find?
There is no question all of this is framed by politics. So what? Part of the dems framing is the absurd Merrick Garland delay
Quote:
Maybe it did happen. But without a single fact to back it up, we are stuck with another one of those horrible, out-dated ideas handed down from the Founding Fathers: presumption of innocence.
This is not a criminal investigation, BUT A JOB INTERVIEW for the highest court in the land, for a lifetime appointment.

Seems to me another few weeks shoul be allowed even though the midterms draw nigh.

Last edited by hcap; 09-23-2018 at 03:56 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #738
Andy Asaro

Old 09-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #739
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Megyn Kelly has always been fair. Nice to hear someone from NBC with some common sense, rather than "Just believe the woman because she's a woman."

Both genders lie. If people can make accusations and have them assumed true without evidence, society would descend into utter chaos.

It's reason enough to side with Republicans, as the Democrat side has gone bat shit crazy just believing people on word alone, and manipulating the public into siding with them with an endless barrage of misleading tactics.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #740
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm just about finished with politics at this point. It's a total lost cause.

Republicans are the biggest clown show ever invented...topped only by Democrats, who at least have the balls to try anything and everything to further their agenda.

There is absolutely ZERO testimony worth listening to for an alleged event that happened 30+ years ago between TWO MINORS...she can literally say ANYTHING under oath since it will be impossible to prove whether or not she is telling the truth, so there is ZERO risk to her committing perjury.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen, and that's saying a lot given the past couple of years.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #741
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Republicans are the biggest clown show ever invented...topped only by Democrats, who at least have the balls to try anything and everything to further their agenda.

There is absolutely ZERO testimony worth listening to for an alleged event that happened 30+ years ago between TWO MINORS...she can literally say ANYTHING under oath since it will be impossible to prove whether or not she is telling the truth, so there is ZERO risk to her committing perjury.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen, and that's saying a lot given the past couple of years.
Right. The whole country is discussing Idiocy on a weekly basis.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #742
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Seems to me another few weeks shoul be allowed even though the midterms draw nigh.
Pure politics. This isn't about Kavanaugh, it is about Dems vs. Trump. Anyone that thinks this is about Kavanaugh is stupid or lying. Isn't there one person on the left with enough integrity to man up and admit it?

No one on the right tried to pretend that blocking Garland's appointment was about him. That was politics, pure and simple.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #743
Clocker

Breaking news! Finally, something meaningful for the FBI to investigate.

Christine Ford said that Leland Keyser was at the party and knew Kavanaugh.

Keyser says she was not at the party and did not know Kavanaugh.

Debra Katz, Ford's lawyer, says that the incident was 37 years ago, and Keyser just doesn't remember that she was at the party or or that she knew Kavanaugh.

You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-letter-836913
Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #744
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Mike Judge wrote about this very thing over a decade ago in his classic 'idiocracy'.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #745
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Pure politics. This isn't about Kavanaugh, it is about Dems vs. Trump. Anyone that thinks this is about Kavanaugh is stupid or lying. Isn't there one person on the left with enough integrity to man up and admit it?

No one on the right tried to pretend that blocking Garland's appointment was about him. That was politics, pure and simple.
You haven't been paying attention. I did say politics frames this fight. But I also think it is pure hypocrisy to use the so-called "Biden rule" as many here have done, to justify the unprecedented delay for not confirming Merrick Garland. Mitch McDonnell managed to distort the non-Biden rule, but rather the Biden statement into real dirty politics.

And now refusing to do the same vetting of Kavanaugh as was done by the FBI during the Thomas confirmation is again rampant hypocrisy

Yeah of course it is all politics. But this president has broken long agreed on procedures and bylaws that have held for both sides

So I will modify my statement. It is NOT ALL politics, but rather some politics and some extremely dirty politics
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #746
Clocker

Quote:

Yeah of course it is all politics. But this president has broken long agreed on procedures and bylaws that have held for both sides

So I will modify my statement. It is NOT ALL politics, but rather some politics and some extremely dirty politics
Anyone that could belong to the Democratic Party of Harry Reid without vomiting has no standing to complain about dirty politics. There's plenty of dirty politics on both sides of the aisle at most levels, but especially in Washington.

It seems like politics is getting dirtier and dirtier, but I suspect that is just a matter of more information being available as time goes by. I have very low expectations for the government, and am rarely disappointed.

This country does well despite our leaders, not because of them. That includes Trump and Obama and on and on back.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:37 PM   #747
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Elections have consequences
-----Dipstick 0bama

Yup.
Broke 'em alright.
HE never agreed to them.

Sucks to be you.

WE are now playing YOUR game.
And we just stole the deal.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #748
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Right. The whole country is discussing Idiocy on a weekly basis.
There's an idiot in the WH, so that's not really surprising.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #749
woodtoo

woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #750
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
There's an idiot in the WH, so that's not really surprising.
Lots of them.
They are democrats and work in the West Wing pretending to be republicans.

The guy who lives upstairs can't be an idiot - HE BEAT HILLARY!

"WTF?"
----YOU, election eve, 2016