Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #556
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't think anyone feels is a really great selection at this point,
Wrong. I for one think that he's an outstanding jurist.
Many many others feel that way too.
The woman undoubtedly was assaulted.
But she most probably has False Memory Syndrome linking Kavanaugh to it as a mistaken identity.
Unfortunately Kavanaugh and her are both victims in this charade which should have been handled so much differently if Feinstein or anyone counseling her had half a brain.
I find the whole situation very saddening.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #557
newtothegame

Quote:
They force this guy through and the odds of the Senate turning blue go up substantially. A blue senate means the president is one meeting away from the minority leader (it wouldn't be McConnell anymore) heading to the White House to be removed.

Everything has consequences... ramming through a guy, I don't think anyone feels is a really great selection at this point, so you guys can feel like you padded the W column isn't really a W.
Then you should hope for them to ram it through...... Hell, as far as I can tell, you're as blue as they come.....

As to the topic, you say there is little chance a woman would lie about this.....

Then you should be screaming from the top of your lungs about Clinton and why his ass isn't in jail. I mean after all, how many women have come forward about him???? And according to you, they surely can't be lying, not that many!!

Now of course you will come back and talk about deflection and how this isn't about Clinton etc etc.....

Whatever!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 03:59 PM   #558
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post

As to the topic, you say there is little chance a woman would lie about this.....
History shows us that plenty lie, and other cover it up for political gain. Duke soccer anyone?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #559
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
A background check ("investigation") should not be confused for a criminal investigation. The former checks to see if a someone already has a criminal record, while the latter checks to see if some specific crime has been committed.

What would another background investigation yield that would be new, given that the alleged assault or whatever was committed over 35 years ago?
What are you talking about?

Read what I have been posting about the Clarence Thomas hearings and Anita Hill.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=484
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #560
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I was being facetious because I have yet to see any evidence that this thing should be given any credence. Reposting the original accusation doesn't make it any more credible.

Reports are beginning to surface that the "event" might have happened, but the Kavanaugh was not the person involved. In other words, some other dude did it.

Even the far left WaPo has raised the issue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.2777c6b6b488

From Powerline:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...n-identity.php
There is a difference between the Washington Post which does lean left, and its columnist which are of varying political leanings. Kathleen Parker is a conservative.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #561
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Are you really that OK with everything that has gone on since Trump became President (actually, well before that...let's go back to when he first announced)?

You're really ok with all the the shady shit that has gone down to throw everything but the kitchen sink at the President of the USA...you don't think any of the myriad of shit that has gone down has been unjustified and a pretty frightening abuse of power?

You're more comfortable living with all the tactics and subversion that has been used, then living with Trump as POTUS?

I'm not. What has gone down should scare the shit out of EVERYONE, no matter what side of the political aisle you reside. But because it's happening in the name of "Get Trump Outta There!" it's OK.

smh
You mean all of the felony pleas that have occurred from investigating the President?

Republicans threw everything including the kitchen sink at Hillary Clinton too...

As this has gone on... the likely perjury in 2006. His steadfast judicial action stance on presidential indictments.

Yes, I think he isn't the best selection. I didn't feel that way before the hearings started even stated so on here.

This stuff with the woman is mostly noise for me.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #562
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
What are you talking about?

Read what I have been posting about the Clarence Thomas hearings and Anita Hill.

Learn the difference, then. between an FBI investigation into a possible specific crime and a "background investigation". In the link you're talking about the former, whereas more recently you used the phrase "background investigation".

Also, there is a huge difference between Hill and this latest accuser. Hill and Thomas were co-workers in the federal government; therefore, Bush had the authority to order the FBI to take jurisdiction and investigate Hill' charges.. But this isn't the case with this latest moonbat who has come forward at this very late date. Even if she charged Kavanaugh with rape, that is NOT a federal crime, since neither one of them were employed by the federal government 35+ years ago. Therefore, in this instance the feds have no legal jurisdiction. Trump is absolutely right in refusing to illegally give them jurisdiction. Legal jurisdiction belongs solely to the State of Maryland.

http://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/122/hill/hilloutline2.htm
Old 09-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #563
OntheRail

Quote:
Then why is this thread exploding?

Its all pretty disingenuous... the whole thing.
Cause the L.L.L. Lying Libby Loon won't come in on Monday.. to face the one she accused. And answer direct questions put to her. As prescribed under the LAW. She and her Pink hatted pitbulls are trying to dictate and delay... nothing more. I'd laugh my as off more... if after this if Kavenaugh brought a defamation suit against the lot of them.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #564
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
What a shock. Five Republican voters believe Kavanaugh. I think CNN knew exactly what they were getting.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #565
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Learn the difference, then. between an FBI investigation into a possible specific crime and a "background investigation". In the link you're talking about the former, whereas more recently you used the phrase "background investigation".
In both hearings the preznit simply orders the FBI to reopen the "background investigation".
Quote:
Also, there is a huge difference between Hill and this latest accuser. Hill and Thomas were co-workers in the federal government; therefore, Bush had the authority to order the FBI to take jurisdiction and investigate Hill' charges.. But this isn't the case with this latest moonbat who has come forward at this very late date. Even if she charged Kavanaugh with rape, that is NOT a federal crime, since neither one of them were employed by the federal government 35+ years ago. Therefore, in this instance the feds have no legal jurisdiction. Trump is absolutely right in refusing to illegally give them jurisdiction. Legal jurisdiction belongs solely to the State of Maryland.
I have already answered this. THE FBI conducts "background investigation"on both civilians and federal of all backgrounds of all individuals appointed to or about to be confirmed to office

Trump went thru a FBI background investigation. To bad they did not have Mueller back in the FBI when it was done.

I am not reading your link unless you summarize the relevant parts first.

So far you are batting 0%
Old 09-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #566
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
For the 100th timer, the reopening of a FBI background investigation was done during the end of the Clarence Thomas confirmation, when both Grassly and Hatch and chairman Bidene commended to George H W Bush to rep-open the investigation when Anita Hill's new allegations come out.
Small objects must gravitate towards you cause your so dense... Thomas and Hill are a entirely different set of circumstances.

As has been said to you 100 times before.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #567
hcap

Here ya go again.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:05 PM   #568
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-and-elitism/

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/20...ol_19.html?m=1
You believe that a school, any school, would allow pictures of underaged drinking in its yearbook, when such pictures could be used as proof of child endangerment. A crime which could result in faculty member going to prison.

Those pictures are photoshopped. Or fake in their entirety.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. And that is being kind.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #569
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Small objects must gravitate towards you cause your so dense... Thomas and Hill are a entirely different set of circumstances.

As has been said to you 100 times before.
More.

I said...

In both hearings the preznit simply orders the FBI to reopen the "background investigation".

The fight over reopening the FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh, explained
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...tion-kavanaugh

The Department of Justice, which oversees the FBI, also released a statement Wednesday noting that “[t]he allegation does not involve any potential federal crime.”

But Senate Democrats aren’t asking for a criminal investigation. They want the FBI to reopen Kavanaugh’s background check.

Grassley’s correct — the FBI’s background investigation is closed. But there’s nothing to stop the FBI from reopening or adding to it.

In fact, in 1991, the agency did just that, at the request of then-President George H.W. Bush, when Anita Hill made sexual harassment allegations against then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas. The FBI investigated and wrote a report that eventually led the White House to declare that Hill’s allegations were unfounded.

Back then, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) — who was and still is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee — called it “the very right thing to do.”

That’s in stark contrast to the tweet his office posted on Tuesday claiming that the “FBI does not do investigations like this” and that the “responsibility falls to us.”

So what’s different with the Kavanaugh case? Nothing. Except that Republicans are adamant about getting their nominee through the process quickly — and Donald Trump doesn’t look like he’s about to ask for an FBI investigation anytime soon.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #570
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So if this lying liberal lady is so on the up and up, WHY is she she not attending Monday?

And if the GOP is so ignoring this, why are they now offering her a Wednesday meeting? Bending over backwards for her.

If she she ever shows up, The committee should offer her a can of Coke when she sits down - and makes sure there is a pubic hair on it!

Drink up, bay-bay!