Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-29-2018, 02:01 AM   #1666
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I'm not sure if there are any chicks speaking on this thread so I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I think something happened to Dr Ford. I don't think her story makes sense. If I had been at a gathering with my best friend and she just disappeared I would have wondered what in the world happened. I would have been on the phone with her ASAP the next morning or that night. I'm not sure what time this was supposed to have happened. And I'm pretty sure that weird situation would stick in my head if someone asked me about it now. Also there's one person that she can't remember that was there? I'd assume the owner of the house?

Also I find it interesting that a lot of the media people covering this must know this woman Leland through her ex-husband. I assume she wants no part of this mess but I'm just curious if anyone has actually tried to talk to her.

And I'm thinking I should burn my 80's yearbooks right now.
you hit the nail on the head with this one, if the FBI finds this house, its all over.

this Leland lady has her own set of problems right now, she has some major health issues, but she needs to step up and have good answer's to wrap this up.

lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 02:20 AM   #1667
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Ford's face, outfit, body language, and demeanor screams deep state Demo-party operative...is there any truth to the rumors her father is ex-cia, her brother worked for FusionGPS...? That her teaching position at Stanford U...involves CIA intern program...? I wish we could verify these claims soon...interesting.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 02:58 AM   #1668
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Ford's face, outfit, body language, and demeanor screams deep state Demo-party operative...is there any truth to the rumors her father is ex-cia, her brother worked for FusionGPS...? That her teaching position at Stanford U...involves CIA intern program...? I wish we could verify these claims soon...interesting.
what does any of this have to do with her accusation?

is it true Sen Booker boasted of groping an intoxicated girl on New Years Eve in an article he wrote in the Stanford Daily ??? if so, there goes his presidential aspirations.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 03:44 AM   #1669
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed-up-car
You mean what you THINK you know. I know exactly how liberals think. I'm always steps ahead of them because they're very predictable.
Yeah, just like you and the rest of your pals knew the FBI would not or could not re-open the background investigation.

Let's see what one week of the FBI looking into special K's high school and college day's digs up. As I thought Chumpy is about to dump special K, if he does not drop out himself first to save Chumpuy's ass.

I tell ya, Not reading this collection of con's bitching and moaning for a day, is good for my health.

Carry on with your stupid punditry and insulting anyone who see's thru your bullshit.

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 AM   #1670
hcap

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/f...d-be-postponed

Even Dershowitz is throwing in the towel.

Fox News analyst Alan Dershowitz is calling for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation process to be postponed until an FBI investigation can be conducted.

“Maybe we can get closer to the truth, although that is not certain,” he wrote in an article on Fox News’ website. “But right now there are too many unanswered question to bring the confirmation of Kavanaugh – currently a judge on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia – to a vote of the Judiciary Committee as scheduled on Friday, much less to a vote of the full Senate.”

He claims that the two witnesses are currently at a “credibility tie” based on their accounts, assigning Kavanaugh the obvious motive to lie of getting a Supreme Court seat and Blasey Ford the less obvious motive of possibly having political reasons to want Kavanaugh off the court.

“Realistically, it is unlikely that the Senate will proceed in the manner of a court of law, because political truth has replaced scientific truth in our highly partisan age,” he added.

After the hearings, some organizations have also sounded the call to postpone the votes for an FBI investigation, including the American Bar Association.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 05:37 AM   #1671
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Andy,

You are late to the party. You may want to read the thread before you post other peoples' thoughts. You don't want to be the FanDan of the right, do you?
How could I be late to the party when I started the thread. The top reporter on Fox wrote "breaking news" and I posted his comment 10 minutes later.

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 07:13 AM   #1672
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
I guess it's a good thing that, unlike Brett Kavanaugh, I'm not nominated for a position on the Supreme Court.
So I don't have to live up to the lofty ethical standards that go along with that high-profile position.
He does.
Yes!

Exactly this!

Brett Kavanaugh falls into the weird space where I trust him to watch my kids*... but I don't trust him on the Supreme Court.

*But only if he starts before say... 11AM... Betty Brett likes the sauce afterall.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 07:20 AM   #1673
sammy the sage

Since Just Ralph posted about reading body language....ran across a good article on the situation...at the clickbait site Yahoo...but this one was on the up & up...worth a read...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bret...172900432.html

Think the O.P. hits the nail on the head at the very end....Kav & Judge were just horse playing around...obviously she took it way more serious than what it was...

Still begats the question...as the boys/young men got a bit older....did they get a bit more emboldened by that...

From all that I've read...thinking Kav...probably did not...and the other judge (Mark)...had better lawyer up quick...which probably has...

Interesting...also...NONE of the woman have filed a "CIVIL" lawsuit...were the burden of proof is MUCH lower than criminal court...and not much of penalty for doing a false one....so...would guess that's the next course of action???

If they don't....that's VERY damning AGAINST them for sure...
Old 09-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #1674
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Yes!

Exactly this!

Brett Kavanaugh falls into the weird space where I trust him to watch my kids*... but I don't trust him on the Supreme Court.

*But only if he starts before say... 11AM... Betty Brett likes the sauce afterall.
this, why should he be held to standards that are good enough to be a politician in congress like those grilling him - he is going to be on the supreme court for a lifetime

Grassley - 37 yrs
Feinstein - 26 yrs
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #1675
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
this, why should he be held to standards that are good enough to be a politician in congress like those grilling him - he is going to be on the supreme court for a lifetime

Grassley - 37 yrs - 6 Elections
Feinstein - 26 yrs - 4 Elections
#civicsfail

1 of 100 with a Legislative vote power.
1 of 9 with Absolute Powers.

Justices should absolutely be held to a much higher standard.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-29-2018 at 08:21 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 08:23 AM   #1676
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

Grassley - 37 yrs
Feinstein - 26 yrs
At 84 she sure needs to be tamed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEINSTEIN_A-630_0.jpg (280.2 KB, 6 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #1677
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
How could I be late to the party when I started the thread. The top reporter on Fox wrote "breaking news" and I posted his comment 10 minutes later.
Sigh. Sorry if I offended you, it was meant as constructive advice about posting 3rd party tweets.

My late comment focused on that specific post's subject. The subject of the tweet was not breaking news, as it already had been raised in this thread you started. Over my many years on this board, the majority of posters have demonstrated the ability to articulate their thoughts without always posting tweets. It seems a few rely on third parties to articulate their thoughts for these few.

Today, the tweet you posted is redundant and likely indicates you posted the tweet without reading what has been discussed in your thread, which makes your tweet post late to your party.

I would hate to see you lumped in with people who need to articulate their thoughts via 3rd parties, especially when the subject has already been addressed.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-29-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 09:01 AM   #1678
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Integrity of SC Justices has been a running joke for CENTURIES.

I will post some excellent examples of actual justices who have disgraced the nation by serving.

But after handicapping.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #1679
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Shhhhhhhhh
Brett Kavanaugh has already LIED about that in the opening lines of his Nomination Acceptance Speech.

Mr. President, thank you. Throughout this process, I’ve witnessed firsthand your appreciation for the vital role of the American judiciary.
No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination

I think you know what my point was.
But I'll make it as explicit as possible for you.

Like you and I, Kavanaugh knew that Trump picked his name for a Supreme Court nomination from a list.
This list was given to Trump and he had no part in determining which names were on it.
Thus, Kavanaugh knew, that when Trump picked him,
the claim that
"No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds,
to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination.
"
was patently false.
To publicly state a claim you know to be false is to publicly LIE.
Thus, Brett Kavanaugh began his Supreme Court nomination speech by publically telling a lie.
Honesty and truthfulness are essential character traits that must be possessed
by anyone who is a worthy and appropriate candidate for a Supreme Court nomination.
In starting off his Supreme Court nomination speech by publically telling a lie,
Brett Kavanaugh publically demonstrated that he is neither honest nor truthful.
Since honesty and truthfulness are essential character traits that must be possessed
by anyone who is a worthy and appropriate candidate for a Supreme Court nomination,
and since Brett Kavanaugh has publically demonstrated that he is neither honest nor truthful,
it is clear to all that Brett Kavanaugh is neither worthy nor fit to be on the Supreme Court.

This is my point.
Is it clear to you now, SMW?
If it was clear to me I would not have stated my point to you and asked you what was your point. I agree and further say honesty is an essential character trait in elected politicians too, especially U.S. senators. I hope you would agree with me about elected officials, especially U.S. senators.

If you do we can discuss Feinstein's lack of honesty, making her unfit for her position on the senate judiciary committee. Remember the committee position is not an elected position, but an appointment.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-29-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 09:17 AM   #1680
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Blame the victim.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: