Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #1636
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Collins and Murkowski certainly aren't in.

Donnelly is a no.

Manchin isn't a going to be a deciding vote.
Do you like stating the obvious? We all know after Flake's defection Murkowski and Collins ran for cover.

BTW I don't recall calling for a floor vote by the senate subsequent to Flake's defection because, I believed, the repubs have enough votes to confirm. Thus, I really do not understand why you keep on telling me there are not enough votes or why you asked why I would prefer a down vote.

I stated I would have preferred Flake to keep his word. Which means that he should have reaffirmed that he would vote in favor of Kavanaugh on the floor.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #1637
chadk66

The blue wave is going to happen now. Republicans will stay home in record numbers first tuesday of Nov. And they have nobody to blame but themselves.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 07:26 PM   #1638
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The blue wave is going to happen now. Republicans will stay home in record numbers first tuesday of Nov. And they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Why stay home? If the repubs want to always rollover, may as well vote for the dem. This way the repubs penchant to be rolled over will be satisfied.

I am thinking about calling the conservative republican's campaign office to tell them that the sitting repub senators cost her mine and my family's vote.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-28-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #1639
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Do you like stating the obvious? We all know after Flake's defection Murkowski and Collins ran for cover.
I've been stating the obvious for awhile now on this thread...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #1640
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Okay. Myself, I state the sublime.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #1641
jimmyb

The biggest liar throughout has to be Feinstein's denial of any knowledge the leak came from her or her staff.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #1642
lamboguy

how about the JUDICIAL CRISIS NETWORK. they are still spending their money running adds for this guy. they should take the money and donate to MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #1643
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Well, well, well, the ramblings of Ely, resident PA genius....Some news for you.

McConnell Announces From Senate Floor ‘All 51 Republican Senators Support Motion to Proceed to Kavanaugh Nomination’ (VIDEO in link)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ination-video/

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #1644
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post

We all know after Flake's defection there are not enough votes to confirm.

You forgot the "a" in your defection word. You're welcome.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #1645
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Well, well, well, the ramblings of Ely, resident PA genius....Some news for you.

McConnell Announces From Senate Floor ‘All 51 Republican Senators Support Motion to Proceed to Kavanaugh Nomination’ (VIDEO in link)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ination-video/

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/sta...96180893069312
You don't get how this works do you?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:24 PM   #1646
elysiantraveller

When you keep doubling down on stupid...

Also HTF do you not have a Plan B?!?!?

WSJ: White House 'Shellshocked' by Developments; 'There's No Plan B'

Quote:
A person close to the White House described those working on the confirmation process as "shellshocked" by Friday's events.

"As of last night, everyone was in a good mood," the person said, saying the view was that Dr. Ford's testimony was "good" but Judge Kavanaugh's was "great." As of 10 p.m. Thursday, the person said, "everything was locked and loaded."

Then, shortly before midnight on Thursday, the American Bar Association issued a letter urging the Senate Judiciary Committee to vote on Judge Kavanaugh's nomination only after a "thorough" FBI investigation. After that, the person said, "It kind of fell apart."

The person said there was "enormous anger" at the ABA from the White House counsel's office and other lawyers working on the confirmation process, describing the letter as a pivotal development that prompted strong discomfort in particular from Ms. Murkowski.

Ms. Murkowski said Friday morning before the Senate committee vote that she remained undecided on the nomination.

The White House isn't expected to talk to any other candidates for the Supreme Court nomination next week while the FBI investigation is under way, the person said.

"There's no Plan B here," the person said. Any backup plan, the person said, would not be "viable" given the timing of the midterm elections in early November.

Rebecca Ballhaus
Old 09-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #1647
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
The biggest liar throughout has to be Feinstein's denial of any knowledge the leak came from her or her staff.
WHAT?? Did you not see her total disbelief when Lindsey Graham asked her if the leak came from her office? I bet it was the Chinese spy who probably hacked all of their communications, phones, computers and copy machines.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #1648
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 10:04 PM   #1649
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Here in Fla...it's looking that way in the polls for many races in normally republican state....
Old 09-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #1650
lex

I'm not sure if there are any chicks speaking on this thread so I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I think something happened to Dr Ford. I don't think her story makes sense. If I had been at a gathering with my best friend and she just disappeared I would have wondered what in the world happened. I would have been on the phone with her ASAP the next morning or that night. I'm not sure what time this was supposed to have happened. And I'm pretty sure that weird situation would stick in my head if someone asked me about it now. Also there's one person that she can't remember that was there? I'd assume the owner of the house?

Also I find it interesting that a lot of the media people covering this must know this woman Leland through her ex-husband. I assume she wants no part of this mess but I'm just curious if anyone has actually tried to talk to her.

And I'm thinking I should burn my 80's yearbooks right now.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: