Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #61
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
If you were watching HRTV they reported within 15 or 20 minutes that he was moving and obviously breathing when they put him in the ambulance. Only the people watching TVG were in the dark.
I was watching Cal racing. Uninterrupted feed from SA. Not a word. It was pretty obvious that they were under instructions not to say a thing. Michelle Yu, who often interviews Bejarano, and as a knowledgeable handicapper does the prerace with the linesmaker, sounded distracted and just off, especially for the next race. Baze, who had won the race, was looking back in horror at where Bejarano had fallen. Other jockeys as well. It was on everyone's mind. Elephant in the room feel to the whole thing.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 05-14-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 03:01 AM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I was watching Cal racing. Uninterrupted feed from SA. Not a word. It was pretty obvious that they were under instructions not to say a thing. Michelle Yu, who often interviews Bejarano, and as a knowledgeable handicapper does the prerace with the linesmaker, sounded distracted and just off, especially for the next race. Baze, who had won the race, was looking back in horror at where Bejarano had fallen. Other jockeys as well. It was on everyone's mind. Elephant in the room feel to the whole thing.
Yeah, I'll bite my tongue here, because I wouldn't want to offend you twice in 24 hours.

But seriously man...who knew you were this out there?

Now it's obvious people were "under instruction" not to say a thing? Holy cow...how do you even approach this line of thinking considering how far removed you are from the topic of your rant? You have no clue what kind of "instruction" anyone was under.

What, exactly did you want them to say? What do you think they knew that you didn't? Do you think track management has a two-way live feed linkup to the ambulance? Or maybe the emergency room where they wheeled him in? And then they were in constant contact with his emergency room doctors, because hell, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to let YOU know how he's doing...forget about doctors wasting time treating the fallen jockey...they need to get on the horn and let SRU and Dark Horse know the scoop...first priority is to get that info out there.

So, apart from knowing what you already knew and witnessed first hand, do you really think track management knew all that much more than you?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 03:22 AM   #63
Dark Horse

Let me spell it out for you, since you really don't get it.

As reported by another poster, HRTV did give some kind of thumbs up after 20 minutes. You understand what that means? HRTV. As in: HRTV is not SA. The direct SA channel did not say a thing. You do the math. If that's not too much to ask, of course.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 04:18 AM   #64
thaskalos

Is the horseplayer asking too much if he said that he would like to know whether a jockey is still alive, or if he died on the track...after a horrific spill such as this? We didn't want an immediate, detailed report on his injuries. Just to know that the man didn't die on the spot.

I have to agree that this supreme secrecy is because there is a need to keep the customers in a betting mood.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

My last reply on the subject.

Do you two (thask and dark) think that if a jockey were to die on track or even an hour later in the hospital (and the track was informed as much) that they wouldn't immediately call off the rest of the races?

Name one time that actually happened...jock dies during racing day due to a spill and they continued to race....never happened yet AFAIK.

So rest assured, if a jock is killed during a race card, you'll know about it.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #66
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Do you two (thask and dark) think that if a jockey were to die on track or even an hour later in the hospital (and the track was informed as much) that they wouldn't immediately call off the rest of the races?

Name one time that actually happened...jock dies during racing day due to a spill and they continued to race....never happened yet AFAIK.

I saw some caddie on a pro golf tour died right there on the 18th hole, they scooped him up, sent him on his way and started playing. Racing has more scruples?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #67
keenang

I think you (P.A) are like O'Reily always Right.

Geno
keenang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #68
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Let me spell it out for you, since you really don't get it.

As reported by another poster, HRTV did give some kind of thumbs up after 20 minutes. You understand what that means? HRTV. As in: HRTV is not SA. The direct SA channel did not say a thing. You do the math. If that's not too much to ask, of course.
Who's on the SA track feed that doesn't work for HRTV except maybe Trevor Denman?
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #69
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

Yes, they'll get right on that. Right after they tell you that Bob Baffert is guilty of no wrong doing and right after they announce the results of the "investigation" into the past posting that happened at a track near you.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #70
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Who's on the SA track feed that doesn't work for HRTV except maybe Trevor Denman?
I don't have Dish Network so i don't ever see one second of HRTV, but i do see the SA "Feed" and due to that feed, i couldn't tell you one person who works at HRTV. Now, i happen to know who works there because i pay attention to the industry and hear stuff thru the grapevine on occasion, but i wouldn't know who works at HRTV just by watching the SA "Feed".
Old 05-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenang
I think you (P.A) are like O'Reily always Right.

Geno
My 0 for 19 run in my contest against Mad Scientist proves otherwise.

And this isn't about right or wrong. You can have an opinion and defend it, as can I.

Seems like with sensitive issues such as this, there really is no right or wrong answer, but there is common sense.

And common sense dictates that if something really terrible were to happen, they would cancel the rest of the card, as has been done on every occasion I can remember where a jockey was killed on track.

And everything else, the info will come out when it's ready to be disseminated.

In other threads, SRU will write how tracks consider us nothing more than addicted gamblers, never able to resist a bet, but here, he's telling us that if tracks were to tell us the real scoop on an injured jockey, they fear we will stop betting.

You can't have it both ways...

PS. Oh look, I have replied again in this subject even though I had said my prior reply was going to be my last. See keenang, I'm WRONG again...
Old 05-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Yes, they'll get right on that. Right after they tell you that Bob Baffert is guilty of no wrong doing and right after they announce the results of the "investigation" into the past posting that happened at a track near you.
Try and stay on topic
Old 05-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #73
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Try and stay on topic
I am. You too.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #74
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
My 0 for 19 run in my contest against Mad Scientist proves otherwise.

And this isn't about right or wrong. You can have an opinion and defend it, as can I.

Seems like with sensitive issues such as this, there really is no right or wrong answer, but there is common sense.

And common sense dictates that if something really terrible were to happen, they would cancel the rest of the card, as has been done on every occasion I can remember where a jockey was killed on track.

And everything else, the info will come out when it's ready to be disseminated.

In other threads, SRU will write how tracks consider us nothing more than addicted gamblers, never able to resist a bet, but here, he's telling us that if tracks were to tell us the real scoop on an injured jockey, they fear we will stop betting.

You can't have it both ways...

PS. Oh look, I have replied again in this subject even though I had said my prior reply was going to be my last. See keenang, I'm WRONG again...
I never said anywhere on this message board that tracks fear we will stop betting if they know the scoop on an injured jockey.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #75
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I never said anywhere on this message board that tracks fear we will stop betting if they know the scoop on an injured jockey.
Hmmm...I thought I read that in this thread.

Then why do you think they are "withholding" this info?