Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #16
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
No, the people paid for it with ever-increasing premiums and horrifying co-pays and deductibles.

But you will ignore all the facts here and repost the same nonsense in about 6 weeks.
You were quoted by a fellow radical when you stated that our healthcare increase were in line with the rest of the world. Now you quote ever-increasing premiums. Are you saying your Republican Congress is lying, or are you just being a radical and strapping yourself with this bomb of false logic? Stay on course. We let you establish that healthcare were in line.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #17
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
One can only hope that Zeke Emanuel stays true to his propagandist proclamations that he has no interest in utilizing available medical science and technology to prolong his life in his golden years
He's a liberal. They never practice what they preach.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #18
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
And if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor . . . NOT!!!
Most of my doctors before Obamacare didn't graduate from John Hopkins university. A lot weren't even Americans. Our selection to doctors is more controlled by our social-economic standing in society and our insurance companies. Why do some believe this is even an argument? Do you really think without Obamacare you are going to get a John Hopkins doctor if you don't have one now or didn't have one before Obamacare? Really!!!!

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 07-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #19
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Most of my doctors before Obamacare didn't graduate from John Hopkins university. A lot weren't even Americans. Our selection to doctors is more controlled by our social-economic standing in society and our insurance companies. Why do some believe this is even an argument? Do you really think without Obamacare you are going to get a John Hopkins doctor if you don't have one now or didn't have one before Obamacare? Really!!!!
You really need to let MP defend your position on this matter, as you have no idea what you're talking about. If you decide not to defer to MP, please at least Google "narrow network trends and ACA." Thank you.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #20
Clocker

Quote:
You were quoted by a fellow radical when you stated that our healthcare increase were in line with the rest of the world. Now you quote ever-increasing premiums.
Health care cost increases are in line with the rest of the world. They are increasing, but not as fast as they were before the recession. ObamaCare is not responsible for the slower rate of increases, and totally failed to deliver on Obama's promise that the ACA would in fact decrease health care costs.

Health insurance premiums (which are not the same thing ), especially those for ObamaCare plans, are going up and up because insurance companies are losing millions of dollars on those policies. Obama also promised that health insurance premiums would decrease.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #21
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
You really need to let MP defend your position on this matter, as you have no idea what you're talking about. If you decide not to defer to MP, please at least Google "narrow network trends and ACA." Thank you.
I Googled it. It does talk about narrowing networks. I wasn't talking tactics of how the insurance companies run their business. No matter what government does, I won't be able to get a John Hopkins doctor. I'm lucky if I get an American doctor. This notion of completely ignoring who we are in society, baffles me. And an argument suggesting that government is in the way of me getting that John Hopkins doctor is just non-sense. I'm middle-class and that's where I live and find my doctors.

Anatole France

Old 07-20-2016, 01:33 PM   #22
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
I Googled it. It does talk about narrowing networks. I wasn't talking tactics of how the insurance companies run their business. No matter what government does, I won't be able to get a John Hopkins doctor. I'm lucky if I get an American doctor. This notion of completely ignoring who we are in society, baffles me. And an argument suggesting that government is in the way of me getting that John Hopkins doctor is just non-sense. I'm middle-class and that's where I live and find my doctors.
The argument isn't about not having access to "the" best doctor in the world. The argument is one's doctor, a regular old doctor, is no longer included in a network.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #23
Capper Al

Quote:
Health care cost increases are in line with the rest of the world. They are increasing, but not as fast as they were before the recession. ObamaCare is not responsible for the slower rate of increases, and totally failed to deliver on Obama's promise that the ACA would in fact decrease health care costs.

Health insurance premiums (which are not the same thing ), especially those for ObamaCare plans, are going up and up because insurance companies are losing millions of dollars on those policies. Obama also promised that health insurance premiums would decrease.
Premiums are cost. Quit wiggling. Politicians do present a better picture for something they want to get into the system. No one is arguing that. Live with it.

Clocker proved that Obamacare is doing well. We are getting more for the same cost as compared to other countries.

Thank you!

Anatole France

Old 07-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #24
Clocker

Quote:

Clocker proved that Obamacare is doing well. We are getting more for the same cost as compared to other countries.

Thank you!
Don't quit your day job Al. You don't have any future as a comedian.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #25
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
The argument isn't about not having access to "the" best doctor in the world. The argument is one's doctor, a regular old doctor, is no longer included in a network.
The point to choice for me is to get the best doctor possible, else why would choice matter?

Anatole France

Old 07-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #26
Clocker

Quote:
The point to choice for me is to get the best doctor possible, else why would choice matter?
The whole point of this issue is that most people that already had a plan and a doctor were forced by law and by costs to accept one that offered them less choice.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #27
Capper Al

Quote:
The whole point of this issue is that most people that already had a plan and a doctor were forced by law and by costs to accept one that offered them less choice.
That's the insurance companies doing that, but consider that they really didn't have a choice in the first case. They found a doctor from what was offered to them. If I were free to choose, I'd have the same quality doctor as Bill Gates.

Anatole France

Old 07-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #28
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I see......dumb people.
You're funny. You just strap a bomb on yourself and post.

Anatole France

Old 07-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #29
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
For the twelve billionth time; nothing in the Affordable Care Act has any effect on who your doctor is. If you lost your doctor, it is either because your insurance company decided to narrow their networks, or because your doctor had a hissy fit.

And you are a f%$^&*g idiot. I know of 3 doctors right here in Murfreesboro, TN, that will NOT deal with ObamaCare. If your insurance company is part of ObamaCare, they will NOT accept you.

Also, this from U.S. News and World Report.
The Obama administration has tried to address these issues during this year's open enrollment, which began Nov. 1, by adding a search tool to help patients find out if specific doctors and hospitals are included in their plan. The data are still incomplete, however, and the search tool does not solve the problem of people being unable to find a doctor or hospital that will take them.

The problem with you and the others on the left, if it doesn't affect you, it MUST be great. Total bullshit.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply