Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-18-2018, 04:53 AM   #1
incoming

CHINA TO CUT TRADE DEFICIT

China is reported to have put a reduction of a $200 billion in the trade deficit on the table at the meeting in Washington.

Story at link:
http://www.businessinsider.com/china...package-2018-5
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
China is reported to have put a reduction of a $200 billion in the trade deficit on the table at the meeting in Washington.

Story at link:
http://www.businessinsider.com/china...package-2018-5
Trump is too stupid when it comes to trade for this to ever be true. I heard it here first.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2018, 08:06 AM   #3
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Trump is too stupid when it comes to trade for this to ever be true. I heard it here first.
Yup!!! That is what the ankle bitters tell us. I realize the devil is in the detail but a 40% cut for starters from China is HUGE. "Mo' Money....Mo' Money".....the Wayans Brothers
Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #4
mrhorseplayer

President Trump did not get where he is today by being stupid.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
President Trump did not get where he is today by being stupid.
Right on, bro. Right on. I'll take a successful billionaire businessman any day over a dumber-than-dirt community organizer. (But the CO was smart enough to keep his college grades top secret.)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
elysiantraveller

Chinese government says officially says wasn't offered... and why would it be?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-18-2018 at 09:02 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #7
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Chinese government says officially says wasn't offered... and why would it be?
Battlin' links.....I love it.....show me yours
Old 05-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #8
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Battlin' links.....I love it.....show me yours
China denies it has offered a $200 billion package to slash U.S. trade gap

So you have unnamed administration official vs. Foreign Ministry Spokesperson... the Chinese are not known for talking out of turn.

It appears they are negotiating around stuff already filed with the WTO, Sorghum, ZTE, Toshiba... some others.

Which is good... I, for one, would like to avoid a recession.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-18-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #9
incoming

Quote:

So you have unnamed administration official vs. Foreign Ministry Spokesperson... the Chinese are not known for talking out of turn.
The famous elysiantraveller sideways skip....time will tell...I will share my kool-ade
Old 05-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:
The famous elysiantraveller sideways skip....time will tell...I will share my kool-ade
How is it a sideways skip?

It's a pretty blatant denial. Trump even said last night he isn't optimistic so...

Personally I would just be satisfied with identifying what the goal of all of this is. Is it jobs or trade deficits? For the former there are much better solutions than anything involving trade... for the former I don't particularly care about it but if people do there are things on the periphery that can address it. Tariffs won't.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #11
incoming

Look who is in Washington negotiation trade deficits
Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #12
tucker6

Quote:

It appears they are negotiating around stuff already filed with the WTO, Sorghum, ZTE, Toshiba... some others.

Which is good... I, for one, would like to avoid a recession.
The Chinese are well known for saying what they need to say. Same as everyone else. You sound infatuated by the Chinese. They negotiate the same way Trump does. Just because a Chinese official said it didn't happen doesn't mean anything. It may or it may not have happened.

Your recession comment is silly. You and Clocker need to get a room together and compare trade love notes. Both of you lose credibility every time you talk about trade. You act like you're reading tomorrow's newspaper and have all the facts when in reality you're just another anti-Trumper with an ax to grind.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #13
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Your recession comment is silly. You and Clocker need to get a room together and compare trade love notes. Both of you lose credibility every time you talk about trade. You act like you're reading tomorrow's newspaper and have all the facts when in reality you're just another anti-Trumper with an ax to grind.
Sorry our mountain of empirical data on the subject isn't stronger than whatever is in the koolaid.

We import hundreds of billions of Chinese goods into this country annually. If you don't think friction in that supply chain won't have severe economic consequences you don't live in the real world..

Explain to me how shortages and surpluses as well as rising prices positively impacts economic growth. I'll wait on your answer.

Your standard comeback is you're an "anti-Trumper". No I'm a free market capitalist... I wouldn't care if our Lord and Savior advocated this economic policy... I'd be against it.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-18-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #14
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
. "Mo' Money....Mo' Money".....the Wayans Brothers
"Mo' Money...Mo' Problems" Puff Daddy.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #15
tucker6

Quote:
Sorry our mountain of empirical data on the subject isn't stronger than whatever is in the koolaid.

We import hundreds of billions of Chinese goods into this country annually. If you don't think friction in that supply chain won't have severe economic consequences you don't live in the real world..

Explain to me how shortages and surpluses as well as rising prices positively impacts economic growth. I'll wait on your answer.

Your standard comeback is you're an "anti-Trumper". No I'm a free market capitalist... I wouldn't care if our Lord and Savior advocated this economic policy... I'd be against it.
Chinese imports are a very small portion of our economy. Sorry, but that's just the truth of it. Your facts and empirical data are constructs you use to support your erroneous position. I could easily find similar facts to support my position.

The whole thing is just silly. The US and China will work it out as I suggested some time ago. All this hand wringing is just that. The world and our economy will survive just fine.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: