Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #586
GMB@BP

I see they added DQ to the Chart!
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #587
GMB@BP

Another idea, not sure how possible this is but.......

I like the pop up chart so I can check the different surfaces and records that horses competed on, with surface switches sometimes you have to dig pretty deep to just find representative races.

It would be a really cool function if you pulled that pop up, then you click say dirt races and it would filter out all other races instantly, say I clicked to dirt at SA in the pop up and only those races would show up. Thats a lot better system than DRF's Formulator uses which takes several setups and time to implement. I think with all the surfaces out there the able to navigate to todays conditions in a timely fashion would be a huge plus.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #588
TheEdge07
Veteran

Would love to click any horse on the chart and read how he ran his next race>..
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #589
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Would love to click any horse on the chart and read how he ran his next race>..
We're getting there. As of today, in addition to the ability to scroll through each horse's previous figures from the charts, you can also scroll "forward" to see figures from any subsequent races as well.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #590
TheEdge07
Veteran

Had Physical Delivery at Aqueduct thanks to TimformUS 11/1..Doug pointed out the trainer/jockey combo and also pointed out PD had the best rating in the field..
Posting these plays on this forum will be helpful..Players are still having trouble with DRF..absolute joke.

Last edited by TheEdge07; 01-13-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #591
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Had Physical Delivery at Aqueduct thanks to TimformUS 11/1..Doug pointed out the trainer/jockey combo and also pointed out PD had the best rating in the field..
Posting these plays on this forum will be helpful..Players are still having trouble with DRF..absolute joke.
The point of the plays is to get people to check out the site and features highlighted. Posting them here wouldn't really accomplish that.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #592
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The point of the plays is to get people to check out the site and features highlighted. Posting them here wouldn't really accomplish that.
Exactly - the blog writers do a good job of incorporating Timeform figs & stats into their picks....thus enticing folks to check out the site and hopefully buy the product.

CJ - I just did some planning for 2014 and all that I wish to accomplish (as far as tracks I want to cover, new stuff to use in my numbers & notes etc...) and the load is just too heavy for a one man operation. All the new features of TimeformUS that keep coming along are making it hard for me to stay away.

It's tough for a guy who makes his own numbers to let go and completely trust someone else.
But you guys are pretty good.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #593
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
CJ will TimeformUS have a triple crown package on prep races and horses to watch?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #594
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
We're getting there. As of today, in addition to the ability to scroll through each horse's previous figures from the charts, you can also scroll "forward" to see figures from any subsequent races as well.
Nice addition, very useful.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #595
BIG49010

Sorry, if this has been addressed, but are there any plans to have a data file that could be put into a database?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #596
aaron

Just wondering,has there been any improvement in printing the pp.'s ? As far as I can see ,you can only print 7 races and it doesn't include running style or early/late figures.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #597
precisionk

Just got back after a 2 month hiatus, going to renew my timeform subscription and notice the price jumped up quite a bit. When did this happen? Gonna have to pass now.
precisionk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #598
precisionk

Never mind I see they upped it back in November.
precisionk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #599
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I spent about 10 minutes on TVG today talking with Matt Carothers and Nick Hines. We focused mostly on some of the stakes races from the past weekend. It is going to be a regular thing on Wednesdays going forward.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #600
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I spent about 10 minutes on TVG today talking with Matt Carothers and Nick Hines. We focused mostly on some of the stakes races from the past weekend. It is going to be a regular thing on Wednesdays going forward.
Dang! We got us a budding TV star here! Nice CJ, congrats!

By the way, you might want to entertain the idea of putting run style abbreviations on the race preview page. Or, even better, on your Pace Projector chicklets. Great work you guys are doing!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 01-15-2014 at 03:04 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment