Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #16
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
OK, I have a 30 day trial to sign up for, thanks to our gracious host PA!

Is anyone using this product, and if so, how are you using it?
I see there are 13 video tutorials, so I'm guessing there is lots of things to use.

Any suggestions where to begin, what to use?
I'm thinking I'll sign up Sunday and get a card to play around with while watching the videos.
As for the where to begin, what to use question I always recommend at the beginning to not change your current methodology but find ways to handicap faster or find information easier, then move on to features you may not have had in other products.

I'm nearly always (except for Derby week) available for a one-on-one call. I've had over 50 great conversations with fellow handicappers over the past few months, answering "how do I" questions or just sharing shortcuts. Send me a PM if interested.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #17
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcknhrse View Post
Hard to see on my computer screen ,they need to work on the visual,thats my main complaint ,you have GO to into the program to find some good stats ,the ones they hightlight on the main page arent that predictive ,equibase figs ,have their good days and bad days ,same as DRF,BRIS AND THOROGRAPH,i think they show equibase pace figs ,but they are very high compared to bris ,i like horse that can crack 100 but with equibase you have to make that 110 or better ,they had 1 the other day /186 /pace fig .came in 19-1/but horse had other things going for it!/they highlight best speed fig on the page and the 2nd best on the page .BRIS has always been much easier on the eyes
We recently (in the last week or two) promoted big changes to the on-screen display. Please check it out if you haven't already. It took a while for the developers to get it right but I'm very happy with the result.

The items highlighted on the home page are "angles," of which we include about 100 as a baseline but they are best modified and narrowed.

The statistics for trainer, jockey, sire and dam on the PP page are based on default criteria relevant to the race and those can be modified quite a bit and rather easily, then on the fly they can be modified again if they aren't exactly what you want. For example, I have the default trainer stats set for distance, surface, race type, days between starts but there are subgroups I checked so it only returns race type if maiden claiming or maiden special weight and otherwise skips that. For days between starts is only returns for first & second time starters and off layoff so if none of those apply that's not part of the default. I can easily widen or narrow the criteria from there.

Send me a PM if you have any questions or email statsfeedback@equibase.com
Old 04-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #18
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
This is what happened I still dont quite grasp it

How is the reduction factor applied?
When a bet is struck, the price that it was matched at will be recorded on the system. If there is a subsequent withdrawal (non-runner), we will reduce the matched price by the reduction factor of the withdrawn horse.

If you want to calculate the new price once a reduction factor has been applied, this is how:

(Decimal odds / 100) x reduction factor of non-runner = amount to reduce original price by

Subtract this amount from the original price to calculate the new price.
Basically 6.40 (old Matched price) X RF% = .62 than

6.40 - .62 = 5.78 (new Matched price).

Its convoluted I know to American horse players who are used to the PM (myself included).

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
JJMartin

Is STATS Race Lens similar to Betmix?
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 10:58 AM   #20
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMartin View Post
Is STATS Race Lens similar to Betmix?
I'm not familiar with BetMix but Race Lens is as interactive as a product can be, with customized pps and the ability to research jockey, trainer, sire and dam statistics as well as create and back-test angles using thousands of criteria.

You can access some of the features daily on the Race of the Day page at http://racelens.stats.com/
Old 04-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trying for 2 days to log in, but EB will not send me my password information.
I have clicked the link at least 8 times and still nothing.

I have basically lost all interest in the product at this point.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Finally, EB answered my emails and got me logged in.
I "bought" the subscription and went to a card for Belmont today.
Now, trying to get back in, there doesn't appear to be any way to actually get to the card without buying one and then going to a card?
Nothing in the site map at EB, and when I click on the RaceLens button on top, all I get to are the plans or day passes to buy.

Anyone have a clue how to get to the actual PRODUCT?
Old 04-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I lit the bat signal for ubercapper...maybe he will see it and post here.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
ubercapper

Tom,

My apologies for the SNAFU. I will look into it at once. Please email me directly estarr@equibase.com with details including your full name. I will then call our staff and figure out what's going on.

Ellis
Old 04-28-2018, 03:32 PM   #25
ubercapper

Also here's the process for using a card after purchase.

Make sure you're logged in at Equibase (you know this because it displays "Account" in the upper right on the top green navigation bar instead of "login."

Then click on Stats Race Lens from the Navigation Bar then from the pop up menu click on Stats Race Lens again. Because it's a web app and operates through the Equibase login, which validates a customer's purchases, that is the method for accessing after purchase.

If anything goes wrong, email me at the address provided and also email statsfeedback@equibase.com.

Our office staff can help with account issues as you had before but for anything else please use these emails and someone will respond Monday - Saturday from about 8 am to 8 pm ET.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:58 PM   #26
Unicorn

Make sure you are logged in to your account.Click on stats race lens at the top. Then click view individual cards. The tracks that you have highlighted with a check mark in green are the ones you have bought. Just click on the check marks in green to bring up the product. The first screen you get they give you an analysis on how to use the product. Exit out of it and click the green check mark again on the previous page and the next window that opens up you should be able to use the product with no problems. Hope that helps.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2018, 09:19 PM   #27
Unicorn

I have a question about using this product. Can you always view the cards you bought from past days to compare results? Is there a history in equibase that shows every card you have purchased? I know this is a stretch, but it would be helpful.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #28
Unicorn

Iv'e been using this product to follow stats recently. I don't even really use the PP section of the product. Usually just stats and true odds.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:45 AM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Unicorn, I do believe I saw a note that the card I bought for 4/28 expires today or tomorrow. 4/30 I think it was.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #30
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
I have a question about using this product. Can you always view the cards you bought from past days to compare results? Is there a history in equibase that shows every card you have purchased? I know this is a stretch, but it would be helpful.

You can view cards going back two weeks. It was three days but with this week's update it is now 14 days. On the home screen date drop down there is an additional arrow in the past days section which opens 12 more dates. If cards you purchased are within that window you can work with them just like today's or a future card. You can view the charts for those races as well via the "chart" icon and you can view the videos of those races via the chart page.

Although I try to monitor the forum, to be sure and get the fastest reply to questions please email statsfeedback@equibase.com