Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #136
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You jump to the conclusion that Trump cheated on his wife, and lied extensively and publicly about it, based on what? A few insignificant details like Trump's lawyer paying the woman $130,000 to sign a nondisclosure about an affair with Trump? Trump's lawyer suing the woman for violating the nondisclosure?

Humbug. Happens everyday to thousands of innocent men.
I know you're being facetious, but Trump has admitted infidelity in his past marriages. Given his personality, I have no doubt that he is less than honorable in his marriage vows. That said, what he does in his private life, as long as it's legal, is not my problem and I don't vote against someone who has personal issues even if I don't partake in such infidelity. I felt the same about Clinton.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #137
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
That said, what he does in his private life, as long as it's legal, is not my problem and I don't vote against someone who has personal issues even if I don't partake in such infidelity. I felt the same about Clinton.
That's your personal decision, and I don't argue with that. I just find it amusing and ironic that some people scramble like a cat trying to bury scat on a frozen pond to try to convince others that one is more "immoral" than the other.

For me, cheating and lying by any public official gives me reservations about that person's integrity and leadership ability. If someone lies to his wife, how can I trust him to be honest with me? I would have the same reservations about a private citizen I had any dealings with.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #138
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You have hard evidence that supports this hooker's allegations?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #139
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
I know you're being facetious, but Trump has admitted infidelity in his past marriages. Given his personality, I have no doubt that he is less than honorable in his marriage vows. That said, what he does in his private life, as long as it's legal, is not my problem and I don't vote against someone who has personal issues even if I don't partake in such infidelity. I felt the same about Clinton.
This is a position I think that anyone is okay with and many even support and endorse - with the exception of folks like Boxcar when it involves someone that they don't like and don't need to holster their religion around.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #140
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
This is a position I think that anyone is okay with and many even support and endorse - with the exception of folks like Boxcar when it involves someone that they don't like and don't need to holster their religion around.
I always knew Clinton was a person of low -- very low moral character, which is why I never voted for him. Clinton's main problem was that every time his lips moved, he would have lies on them. So...again, it came as no surprise to me that he cheated on Hillary during his presidency and the subsequent lies that followed, in an attempt to cover up his sexual escapades , were par for the course.

If Trump admitted that he was a playboy type, then that speaks better for him than for Clinton. At least Trump would have waxed honest.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:21 PM   #141
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
People tend to forget that that money was actually Iran's in the first place.
It is nice that at least someone swallowed the propaganda from the 0bama regime.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #142
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
It is nice that at least someone swallowed the propaganda from the 0bama regime.
Propaganda? No.
Outright fact twisted into a lie by conservatives.
Besides, whether you like it or not, it all started long before Obama.
1979, to be exact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d0f122bbdf6e
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2018, 03:07 AM   #143
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Propaganda? No.
Outright fact twisted into a lie by conservatives.
Besides, whether you like it or not, it all started long before Obama.
1979, to be exact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d0f122bbdf6e
There were people families that had judgments against Iran... If Obama was going to release that money those should of been satisfied first and foremost. Then he should of put the "rest" on an old plane that just happens to blow up mid flight... Oh Shit so sorry Ayatollah Nomoney for you .

But no Mr. Shithead sends it in the middle of the night...
Old 04-25-2018, 03:53 AM   #144
hcap

Quote:
boxcarIf Trump admitted that he was a playboy type, then that speaks better for him than for Clinton. At least Trump would have waxed honest.
At least some Evangelicals are not getting conned so badly.

Fox News Columnist Calls Out Evangelicals For 'Unaccountable Devotion' To Trump.'No one can serve two masters.'

https://www.alternet.org/fox-news-co...devotion-trump

Cal Thomas, a conservative Christian and a regular contributor to Fox News, has written a new column in which he takes American evangelical Christians to task for what he describes as their "unaccountable devotion" to President Donald Trump.

.................................................. ............

I may not go along with Mr Thomas on most things, but looks like the Turnip way be losing his appeal to the evangelical religious right.

Except for you box, who evidently will buy anything.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #145
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
That's your personal decision, and I don't argue with that. I just find it amusing and ironic that some people scramble like a cat trying to bury scat on a frozen pond to try to convince others that one is more "immoral" than the other.

For me, cheating and lying by any public official gives me reservations about that person's integrity and leadership ability. If someone lies to his wife, how can I trust him to be honest with me? I would have the same reservations about a private citizen I had any dealings with.
Then you must have reservations about everyone you meet, because everyone lies, and most are motivated by self-interest. I go by the Reagan axiom, "trust, but verify".

While generally I agree with you that a liar in a marriage should not be trusted in business or other dealings, I have found that to not always be true. Some very honest people can be ruled by the little brain at times. Monogamy is difficult for some.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-25-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #146
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Then you must have reservations about everyone you meet, because everyone lies, and most are motivated by self-interest. I go by the Reagan axiom, "trust, but verify".

While generally I agree with you that a liar in a marriage should not be trusted in business or other dealings, I have found that to not always be true. Some very honest people can be ruled by the little brain at times. Monogamy is difficult for some.
I don't disagree with you at all. However, many of the people take Clinton and others to task because his actions offend their moral/religious sensibilities. They identify as an evangelical but support Trump despite his personal indiscretions.

That is the apparent hypocrisy of the evangelical in this instance. Sure some will swoop in to perform their mental gymnastics to make it work. To the casual observer though it stinks.

I, personally, don't identify as one who votes with their religious conscience in mind. You don't seem like you are either so the attack isn't really levelled at you. Ultimately I don't really care about what a person does in their personal life. Most of this stuff is just pretty humorous to me.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #147
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
At least some Evangelicals are not getting conned so badly.

Fox News Columnist Calls Out Evangelicals For 'Unaccountable Devotion' To Trump.'No one can serve two masters.'

https://www.alternet.org/fox-news-co...devotion-trump

Cal Thomas, a conservative Christian and a regular contributor to Fox News, has written a new column in which he takes American evangelical Christians to task for what he describes as their "unaccountable devotion" to President Donald Trump.

.................................................. ............

I may not go along with Mr Thomas on most things, but looks like the Turnip way be losing his appeal to the evangelical religious right.

Except for you box, who evidently will buy anything.
Dream on, Hcap.

I wonder if Cal ever wrote about liberal's "unaccountable devotion" to the Anointed One when he was in office. I don't believe there has ever been president more fawned over than Obama. This was one president who could do no wrong in the eyes of the MM -- and even when he did, the MM lap dogs ran to his defense. Talk about a bunch of brainwashed dead brain cells...
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #148
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't disagree with you at all. However, many of the people take Clinton and others to task because his actions offend their moral/religious sensibilities. They identify as an evangelical but support Trump despite his personal indiscretions.

That is the apparent hypocrisy of the evangelical in this instance. Sure some will swoop in to perform their mental gymnastics to make it work. To the casual observer though it stinks.

I, personally, don't identify as one who votes with their religious conscience in mind. You don't seem like you are either so the attack isn't really levelled at you. Ultimately I don't really care about what a person does in their personal life. Most of this stuff is just pretty humorous to me.
I'm a fiscal conservative and socially in the middle of the road. I can't think of any social issue that is more important to me than fiscal ones when I step into the voting booth. That doesn't mean I'll support a real scumbag, but I vote my pocketbook most times. I believe in tolerance of other viewpoints, even if I do not agree with the viewpoint. Some on here would do well to take that stance. I have my opinion on abortion, affirmative action, social safety nets, etc, but you would not be an evil person to take the opposing view to me. Wrong certainly, but not evil.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #149
hcap

Quote:
Dream on, Hcap.

I wonder if Cal ever wrote about liberal's "unaccountable devotion" to the Anointed One when he was in office. I don't believe there has ever been president more fawned over than Obama. This was one president who could do no wrong in the eyes of the MM -- and even when he did, the MM lap dogs ran to his defense. Talk about a bunch of brainwashed dead brain cells...
You are blinded by your over zealous "absolute" morality. Similar to your overly narrow minded view of natural law which you interpret narrowly in literal biblical terms.

Please keep the religious stuff on the reservation, the "religion thread"
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #150
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Dream on, Hcap.

Ah yes back when you and other evangelicals were praising Obama.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply