Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
FreeExperience

Thumbs up Twin Spires Deposit Page is Unsecured

Today I went to make my first deposit at Twinspires only to find that their deposit page is unencrypted. I emailed them about the security issue, and they responded back with "...It's safe".

Maybe it's the Firefox browser I'm using, but it doesn't detect any security, encryption, etc... on the Deposit page on Twinspires.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
FreeExperience is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeExperience
Today I went to make my first deposit at Twinspires only to find that their deposit page is unencrypted. I emailed them about the security issue, and they responded back with "...It's safe".

Maybe it's the Firefox browser I'm using, but it doesn't detect any security, encryption, etc... on the Deposit page on Twinspires.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
the way it's set up there is no problem with the page. Especially if you us "easy money" I recommend "easy money"

Been using them for 10 years (in all incarnations) never a problem
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Spendabuck85

Here is some info from their support page:
What type of security does TwinSpires.com account wagering use?

All data is encrypted. Connection is secure by SSL Version 3. Connection is a dedicated, closed loop. TwinSpires.com does not store any credit card information on its servers. Our encryption keys are provided by VeriSign. You may view our VeriSign security information by clicking on the VeriSign logo on the home page.

Why don't I see the closed padlock in my browser indicating the site is secure?

Encryption keys are used to secure your transactions. This site uses frames to display both secure and non secure pages (such as this FAQ page) in a manner to maximize the online experience. When both secure and non-secure items are presented online in frames, the closed padlock will not appear in your browser. This is a normal occurrence.
Spendabuck85 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

We had this question come up from time to time at AmericaTab.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue at TwinSpires, but we had secure pages that loaded into framsets (or iframes). The 'wrapper' page was not on the secure server (because it didn't have to be) but the actual page that collected the data was.

If you 'right-click' on the frame where the data is collected, I'm sure you will find the page is actually secure (https://).
toddbowker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
FreeExperience

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spendabuck85

Why don't I see the closed padlock in my browser indicating the site is secure?

Encryption keys are used to secure your transactions. This site uses frames to display both secure and non secure pages (such as this FAQ page) in a manner to maximize the online experience. When both secure and non-secure items are presented online in frames, the closed padlock will not appear in your browser. This is a normal occurrence.

That's what was throwing me off. Thanks for pointing this out.
FreeExperience is offline   Reply With Quote Reply