Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
ArlJim78

Border madness

So the federal government won't control the Mexican border in Arizona, and when the area becomes overrun by armed gangs from Mexico they decide to BAN Americans from the area? huh?

[YT="Americans Keep Out"]DPrl4P9AcrQ[/YT]

so I guess that solves the border issue, just cede the land over to Mexico. mission accomplished!
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The man is a disgrace to our nation.
And so are all those who still foolishly support him.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
chrisl

AMEN
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
BlueShoe

The Arizona/Mexican border is a virtual war zone, nothing less, and it is way past due to start treating it like one. That means troops in force, instant use of deadly force in response to any hostile act, finish the fence, and if all else fails, create a DMZ on both sides of the border with minefields on our side. If that means war with Mexico, so be it. Perhaps we should go back and finish up the things that were started in 1846-1848.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
HUSKER55

i WAS watching the news the other night and the guards confiscated a WWII machine gun from the area (appeared to look like a 50 cal type).

That is a lot of spill over of cartel violence. I am beginning to think that law does not go far enough. How do you haul something that big over here and not get caught?

Maybe it is just me

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
prospector

i still say we could reclaim the whole damn border..if washington wanted to..obama does lip service..
how stupid is it to tell Americans part of your country is too dangerous to travel in...instead of fixing the problem..who does washington work for..Americans or drug gangs? shameful
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospector
i still say we could reclaim the whole damn border..if washington wanted to..obama does lip service..
how stupid is it to tell Americans part of your country is too dangerous to travel in...instead of fixing the problem..who does washington work for..Americans or drug gangs? shameful
Just remember: BO is showing his true colors as a Chicago political machine thug. That should tell you everything.

Boxcar
Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
TheBid9
De Profundis ad Lucem

As much as I would like to blame the border catastrophe on Obama, Bush made no real attempt to fix the problem either. Anyway, illegals have been coming over for decades, however it bothers me when Obama takes a stand against deportation!
TheBid9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
TJDave

I live in Mexico and follow border reports with keen interest. My understanding is that this section of parkland has been off limits for several years. Two years ago the Bush administration declared the same for 'Border field park' which is just across from Tijuana.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
I live in Mexico and follow border reports with keen interest.
So I'm talkin' to this guy yesterday. Bright guy. Worked as a diplomat for Baja California Mex to European businesses. Bring in business, factories, that sorta gig. Grew-up in Belgium, speaks French, Spanish, Italian, English. Is now writing a book about an open source program called Sugar CS or something.

Tells me things in TJ are about as bad as they've ever been. Business people have to come in unannounced. Several people he's known have been kidnapped. Tourism down 70+%.

With that level of corruption? Forget about it.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
ArlJim78

tjdave, do you mind saying why you live in Mexico and would you recommend it to others?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
tjdave, do you mind saying why you live in Mexico and would you recommend it to others?
Retired here 12 years ago. Live about 35 miles south of TJ. Own a home in a secure compound on the beach I couldn't replicate for 20 times the price north of the border. Taxes are cheap, utilities, cost of living, all much cheaper than the U.S. Have a Sentri pass which scoots me across the border in 15 minutes, or less. And...

Caliente race/sports book is 20 minutes up the road.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #13
ArlJim78

that's interesting. I travel around the country a couple times a year on business, and often I've wondered if it might be possible to find some secure place along the coast somewhere.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:15 AM   #14
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78 View Post
So the federal government won't control the Mexican border in Arizona, and when the area becomes overrun by armed gangs from Mexico they decide to BAN Americans from the area? huh?

[YT="Americans Keep Out"]DPrl4P9AcrQ[/YT]

so I guess that solves the border issue, just cede the land over to Mexico. mission accomplished!
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=12045687
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2021, 02:28 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
This is your last warning.

Piss me off again, and you're banned.

So...basically...you're getting banned...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: