Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2024, 11:17 AM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
do you FEEL that if union leadership endorses candidate A, all union members will vote candidate A?

They probably do, the longer a person works under UAW rules the more helpless they become. We hired a couple when Boeing had a large work force reduction in the late 80's.We had to put them through reeducation camp.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 01:37 PM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Yeah, I missed that. But I didn’t miss this.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/24/uaw-...-election.html

United Auto Workers union endorses President Joe Biden for reelection over Trump.

Someone is making things up and it isn’t me.
He said this….which includes many of his autoworkers….tie that in with the first post in this thread

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...esident-argues
Old 03-01-2024, 02:30 PM   #33
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
do you FEEL that if union leadership endorses candidate A, all union members will vote candidate A?
Working class Joe as Biden likes to call himself, spent his entire adult life rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful. The guy has never done an honest days work.

I was an auto worker local 422 in Framingham, Massachusetts from 1977-1985. When Carter and Reagan hooked up, the Union came around looking for donations to the Union endorsed Carter campaign. Most of us, the rank and file, despised Carter and refused to give.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM   #34
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Ten years down the drain because they bought into the bullshit

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/27/2...tan-shuts-down

This market is way smaller than anybody predicted.
That was a easy call, to switch products is to ask if Apple TV is still doing well or has marketplace bundling with mergers and joint streaming packages changing every day had any measurable impact?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 08:15 PM   #35
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
That was a easy call, to switch products is to ask if Apple TV is still doing well or has marketplace bundling with mergers and joint streaming packages changing every day had any measurable impact?
From what I read, Apple buyers (tribal) are still buying it. I have about 5different streaming devices. I use one 4K FireTv stick in my spare apt/mother in law suite on a 65” very nice LG and it looks pretty damn good. But we never use that area, it’s just extra for the future. I have. 16 x 18 game room upstairs with an older 65” plasma 1080p that runs on a 4K Firestick too. Looks damn good too for 1080p.

My primary TV is my Samsung low throw projector 120” screen and an older version 4K Apple TV. It’s very nice with Dolby sound etc

Looks great with many apps available. I watch YouTube on it every night before bed. My wife watches Peacock stuff and paramount+ and a few others. But nothing beats the Apple TV.

I threw my Roku and a couple older devices in a box in the garage. They cannot touch it
Old 03-01-2024, 08:29 PM   #36
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
From what I read, Apple buyers (tribal) are still buying it. I have about 5different streaming devices. I use one 4K FireTv stick in my spare apt/mother in law suite on a 65” very nice LG and it looks pretty damn good. But we never use that area, it’s just extra for the future. I have. 16 x 18 game room upstairs with an older 65” plasma 1080p that runs on a 4K Firestick too. Looks damn good too for 1080p.

My primary TV is my Samsung low throw projector 120” screen and an older version 4K Apple TV. It’s very nice with Dolby sound etc

Looks great with many apps available. I watch YouTube on it every night before bed. My wife watches Peacock stuff and paramount+ and a few others. But nothing beats the Apple TV.

I threw my Roku and a couple older devices in a box in the garage. They cannot touch it
I have resisted subscribing to anything, the cable I used to have is like $240.00 now. With Gig service for $95 I get no unsteady anything on any of my flat screens. All the old television good programs are free, all news is free, and all new content is HD and just beautiful. I don't even need apps the voice remote finds it if you precede it like FreeVee etc and there are a dozen others. I do have Amazon Prime.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2024, 10:26 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward