Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-16-2023, 03:16 PM   #31
Bustin Stones

I haven't tossed or picked anyone. And if I did, I would take into account the quality of the receivers and the ability of the respective lines to protect the pocket. OSU has tremendous receivers and line and make McCord better than he really is. It's true of other qbs. But, then you have a guy like Stroud throwing to Olave. It didn't prove that Stroud only looked so good because of Olave. If NFL execs cannot figure this out, far be it from me.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 04:03 PM   #32
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Maybe all those qb's with high-falutin' stats will split the qb-stats votes, and Marvin Jr emerges with a slim victory.

How many do they invite to New York. just 4? That back from Missouri deserves some kind of post-season love.

Last edited by rastajenk; 11-16-2023 at 04:05 PM.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 04:13 PM   #33
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Maybe all those qb's with high-falutin' stats will split the qb-stats votes, and Marvin Jr emerges with a slim victory.

How many do they invite to New York. just 4? That back from Missouri deserves some kind of post-season love.
Marvin Harrison Jr

Malik Nabers of LSU has more catches and more yards
Brian Thomas of LSU leads the country in TD receptions
Old 11-16-2023, 04:18 PM   #34
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

But neither of them play for Big State U.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 06:02 PM   #35
Inner Dirt

So far I have went through the stats by game and compared them to the defenses they played on two QBs, Daniels and Williams the only total dud by numbers was against ND for Williams and I watched that game, it was also a visual dud, he seemed to get frustrated and made a couple poor throws, but ND defense is #7 in total yards allowed. Daniels has no statistically bad games, but he hasn't even faced a top 20 defense, the best opponent was Alabama at #23. He closes the regular season with LSU entertaining Texas A&M #12 defense that will be his measuring stick, up to that period.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM   #36
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Nix, Penix and Daniels are all very good at this level. I dare anyone to correctly predict which one(s) succeeds in the NFL. The problem isn't that they play different teams, it's that there's only one Heisman given each year.
My vote goes to Bo Nix at Oregon for both the Heisman and best success in the NFL.

Many of the sportscasters have previously commented on a number of occasions that he already plays and performs with the mindset of a Pro. And I agree 100%.

I would really like to see an LSU/Oregon game. Be it on any Sat or even in a bowl game. My bet would be on Oregon by at least 10pts.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 07:50 PM   #37
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
My vote goes to Bo Nix at Oregon for both the Heisman and best success in the NFL.

Many of the sportscasters have previously commented on a number of occasions that he already plays and performs with the mindset of a Pro. And I agree 100%.

I would really like to see an LSU/Oregon game. Be it on any Sat or even in a bowl game. My bet would be on Oregon by at least 10pts.
good choice
Old 11-16-2023, 08:10 PM   #38
ElKabong

I've been very impressed with bo nix. For all these QBs it all comes down to who drafts them and if the coaching style is in sync with the qb's skill set
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 08:49 PM   #39
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I've been very impressed with bo nix. For all these QBs it all comes down to who drafts them and if the coaching style is in sync with the qb's skill set

I made a comment somewhere on this site after watching the O vs W game and I cannot find it. I just reviewed the box score of that game and it did not trigger any repressed memories. I suffer from memory issues from time to time and I believe I still have not fully shaken the last concussion. I have had so many and they are cumulative, I probably could get one from bouncing a tennis ball off my head.

That being said looking at the box score would look like Nix won the battle, even though Washington and Penix won the game 36-33. If you take in account how much better the O defense is that gives it hands down to Penix. No memory of the duress either QBs were under, read progression, or if throws in tight windows were made. No chance to look for videos now at this hour of the day my internet is slower than 1995 DSL and that is at the hotspot, take off some signal loss and ESPN won't even load for scores.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:45 AM   #40
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Even Alabama seems down. Texas beat them in Tuscaloosa and Texas is very over rated. Texas not only beat bama, they physically dominated the 4th qtr. Other than byu. I don't recall Texas doing that 4th qtr domination routine vs any big12 team. Houston, tcu, Kansas state, ou, all had their way with Texas in the 4th.

But not Alabama. The sec is down this season compared tp normal, pretty obvious
Duly noted the Texas win over Bama. Things dont stay the same though. Bama is much improved on both sides of the ball right now. Like horseracing, improvement and decline happens. Ewers and Daniels had decent games against Bama. Daniels only played 3 quarters. I would like to see what Nix or Penix could do against Bama. Wonder if their stats might drop?
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 10:43 AM   #41
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post
Duly noted the Texas win over Bama. Things dont stay the same though. Bama is much improved on both sides of the ball right now. Like horseracing, improvement and decline happens. Ewers and Daniels had decent games against Bama. Daniels only played 3 quarters. I would like to see what Nix or Penix could do against Bama. Wonder if their stats might drop?
Agreed, even if they play the same teams they're playing at different times in the schedule and the availability of players changes for both teams. And the level of development changes for both as well.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:20 PM   #42
maddog42

if any of you guys think anybody besides Caleb Williams will be drafted #1, then you will be badly disappointed. Only an injury will stop this from happening.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:30 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
if any of you guys think anybody besides Caleb Williams will be drafted #1, then you will be badly disappointed. Only an injury will stop this from happening.

The one time he met a decent defense this year in Notre Dame he laid an egg. Add that to the past failures of high draft pick QBs from USC in the NFL, he could be out of the top 10.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:22 PM   #44
Bustin Stones

So, what if Caleb is the first qb taken? That hasn't proven a history of success vs other qbs taken in the first round. People put too much emphasis on early career awards. These players are still in development. Kurt Warner went undrafted. John Unitas was drafted in the ninth round.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:19 PM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post
Fair enough, but I don't see that improvement across the board in the sec. Daniels had a big game vs Florida, but didn't Arkansas beat the gators? Ark is horrible.

Auburn, down
Ole miss, good offense but not on defense.
Miss state, pitiful. Coach fired last week
A&M. So bad they had to pay the head coach 75 million to leave... let that one sink in.
Lsu. Poor defense, horrible tackling
Alabama. Physically dominated by Texas. Ten point loss in Tuscaloosa. Next week looked miserable vs ucf
Arkansas. Folks are calling for Pittman to be canned. Pretty damning given that fan base has had to ramp down expectations over the years

I might be wrong but the sec west is down this season. The pac defenses to me have been better
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply