Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 11-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelo View Post
Has anyone here actually made money off Pool 1 or even 2 for that matter?
"All others"
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2022, 09:00 AM   #17
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I wonder if you could name a horse All Others.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #18
Michael

Pool 2 -

The 2022 Past Performances are up

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/wager/...r/derby-pool-2

No sires yet... I'd guess they'll be up later today or tomorrow.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2022, 03:20 AM   #19
lamboguy

if i was betting one of these pools, and i don't think i ever would, i would be looking to get down on EFFORTLESSLYELGANT who not only is not listed but also ran 4th in her maiden voyage. i guess i would want to be in one of those Kentucky Oaks pools if they even exist.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #20
Bennie

lambo - there is an oaks pool but generally doesn't come up until march. If you think she can run with the boys, you can play #39 fillies in this pool. ML is something like 80-1.
Anyone else playing this pool should wait until Sunday as there are as many as 11 horses from the pool running saturday, one from pool #1 (tres soles) who is out of pool #2 and Franks Honor who has been removed due to injury.
Most are running at Churchill with the exception of General Jim ( running at Aqu. on the turf and Hal, who is running at Woodbine, where Casse has 3 fillies cross entered in both the colts and fillies stakes races. (3rd and 10th)
Churchill has Victory Foundation and Joking Way entered in a sprint race, Hit Show, Rocket Can, Ten Days Later and Tres Soles(from pool #1) running in an allowance race and Curly Jack, Denington, Instant coffee and Cyclone Mischief running in the Gold Cup.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #21
Michael

I bet Candy Ride last night thinking the pools were going to close and I was going to get around 45-50/1.

Completely wrong and the pools close tonight, and currently getting in the ball park of 23/1. Been burning it on both ends this holiday weekend... I made the bet just for casual fun. So no harm no foul. Makes for a fun derby trail

Can anyone tell me why Into Mischief is sitting at 5/1? Seems bonkers to me to take 5/1 on anything. Extra Anejo is 13/1 at the moment.

I was going to bet Gunrunner if I'm being honest... I just can't see taking 13/1.

Yes, the future pools are dumb... but I think its' fun.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:32 PM   #22
Raider

I didn't bet on this pool at all, but after looking at the odds of the sire bet, I wish I had done a buck on all of them, 4:1 odds
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2022, 10:47 PM   #23
Bennie

First I'd like to address Michael. I think Into Mischief was bet down because there were 7 horses in the pool out of that sire. Opened at 8-1 so was bet down. I usually just play exacta boxes in these early pools, where I can get the most coverage and still some value. I boxed Gun Runner, Into Mischief and Bolt D'oro in an exacta. It covers 13 horses from the pool and will pay between $100 to $700 depending on the combination. I also did play Uncle Mo straight up because I felt there was value there being Arabian Knight (bafferts horse) is out of uncle mo and if he makes it to the derby, based on what we have seen, he would probably be the favorite. I think it closed at 13-1 from the opening line of 4-1. I also played an exacta key in the regular pool with the "all others" on top of Champion Dream, Signator and Tapit's Conquest. Coupled with the 3 horses I used in Pool#1, I have action on 19 horses that are listed in pool #2 as well as all baffert horses and 25 other sires who are listed in the sire pool but have no entries listed in the regular pool. It's all about coverage.
Old 12-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #24
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
It's all about coverage.
Appreciate you taking the time to write that out... It's certainly not my style of play but I love seeing other people's perspective on how they take positions.

I won't lie... I threw money on Candy Ride just to make things fun.
Old 12-09-2022, 07:52 PM   #25
Bennie

Michael - good luck with candy ride. We all have a different twist as to how we play. My friend doesn't play exactas either but he will be between 10 to 15 horses in the pool. Candy ride only sired 1 horse in pool #2 but there are 23 that are currently nominated so others can definitely show up in the months to come. Out of the 40 sires listed, I believe there were only 13 that had horses listed in the other pool. The worst of these were Malibu Moon, More than ready and Pioneer of the Nile. Not only did these 3 sires have no offspring listed in the pool, none of them has any offspring nominated at this time. I don't know why they were included other than the fact they have been in prior years.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: