Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #4801
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Mike sent me a message recently asking when I was coming back. I could ask you, Mike--when are you going to check your email? Geeez, I paid your car note all of last year...you'd think I'd get a little respect

Had a buddy call, asking if we may possibly be doing an upgrade to the Mighty PLATINUM? (to be honest...I actually added "Mighty"---he just said "PLATINUM")
I was just thinking on that very subject at the time....I said "well dammit boy howdy".
He got quiet...finally said "the hell"? After I explained we were Cali trailer trash and that's how we talked...he said go on.

Yeah Scott…we did an small upgrade –nothing major though. You know the button that says “2.5L”? My former programmer screwed that up a little bit.. He..along with others—just couldn’t get the concept I guess. The entire program is a major overhaul from my original PACE VIEW, some of you may remember. I got sick of fuggin starin at a Racing Form, going back and forth—up and down—making notes for 6 to 10 hours a day. All I played were cheap claimers—and I was good.
Couldn’t hit a stakes race to save my life—but the low class claimers at tracks that didn’t even have a turf----I knew what to what to look for.

Recency, early speed, connections. The lower you go in class—the less honest an effort every time out. When we decided to do the original Platinum…I sorta whored my program. I allowed 50 days between starts, the “2.5L” was supposed to be the max lengths behind in at least 1 call of the 1st two calls (in the last two races) -----in either of the last two races. That was lessened to 4 lengths just so you would see some more action in higher class races.. I even made a “power number for class”.. I called it the “ABILITY NUMBER” Luckily that Ability Number turned out to be pretty good. And the PLATINUM POWER NUMBER...has a higher ROI than Bris Prime. Proven fact.

So what I want to do now is, remake a version of PLATINUM—but keep it at the lower classes. Change the name, restrict it to maybe 15K on down (today's purse)—go back to the 2.5L requirement, and the days-since-last at maybe 21. I also found something, well I think Quirin actually found it---something he called “good races”. 1st ,2nd, or 3rd within 3 lengths is a "Good Race"…I’m thinking total-up-Good races out of last 3 or 4. Really powerful = good recent race--and at a higher class .

Got a little carried away there lol. So yes there will be an “upgrade” so to speak The latest will have…in addition, the correct 2.5L button…I added an “ALL” button to the last Platinum upgrade—it’s just every horse entered that day regardless of anything. That’s for the nimrods that need to have the program proven to them regularly. I swear…I get people actually laughing and scoffing me about using only mostly last race pace line, so I tell them use my program a couple weeks—then hit the "all" button, which means nothing is pre-eliminated using 'capping fundamentals... you do most of your own handicapping. Try it that way for the next 2 weeks—NCG 🥞

Happy and Blessed Easter 'all.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #4802
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Mike sent me a message recently asking when I was coming back. I could ask you, Mike--when are you going to check your email? Geeez, I paid your car note all of last year...you'd think I'd get a little respect
Sorry man...too busy betting on losers...I don't use your software...maybe I should?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #4803
oughtoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I considered that but nixed it. There's a racebook close to my house and I've been going there 30 yrs. Best 5 looks like good prgm too, would iike to see a few days selections from it.
I did 5 tracks for Saturday with Best 5 consenus. Will post the results tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #4804
oughtoh

Here are the results for the consenus for best 5. Nothing else is taken in consideration. When I use it I also include the rest of best 5 and also pony pickers for exacta horse. Anyways I did Aq, FG, GP, LRL PX & TB

Aq 7 winners in 10 races

FG 11 winners in 12 races including a $22 & $16 winner

GP 7 winners in 14 races with a $19 winner

LRL 7 winners in 10 races with 6 of them over $7

PX 5 winners in 9 races. Had a $20 place horse in 7th and since the entry came up 1st & 2nd if you took a 4th horse you had a $9 winner & $126 ex
Had $7, $8 & $15 winner

TB 5 winners in 10 races with a $7, $8 & $14 winner

Total was 42 winners in 65 races. Remember this is without doing anything but hitting one button and that is all.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:25 AM   #4805
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PLATINUM is getting some "run" due to some big days lately--- users asking about any upgrades, etc.. such as this gentleman yesterday:

"I have PaceViewPlatinum 9.1 would like to upgrade to latest and greatest.

Is there an upgrade route, or should I just buy the new program?

I love this program!!!"

Respectfully yours,

Steve R

9.1? Wow you may have a collector's item there!

Seriously, we're on 10.3 at this time--but nothing really earth-shattering as far as what was upgraded, mostly minor stuff.

Thanks for the nice comment, Steve...I'll get the latest out to you---and a few others. I'm able to send digitally once again thanks to the fine folks at "SEND THIS FILE".

Anyone else need upgrading shoot me a note:

NorCalGreg@Usa.Com
Old 04-02-2018, 11:28 AM   #4806
djser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Here are the results for the consenus for best 5. Nothing else is taken in consideration. When I use it I also include the rest of best 5 and also pony pickers for exacta horse. Anyways I did Aq, FG, GP, LRL PX & TB

Aq 7 winners in 10 races

FG 11 winners in 12 races including a $22 & $16 winner

GP 7 winners in 14 races with a $19 winner

LRL 7 winners in 10 races with 6 of them over $7

PX 5 winners in 9 races. Had a $20 place horse in 7th and since the entry came up 1st & 2nd if you took a 4th horse you had a $9 winner & $126 ex
Had $7, $8 & $15 winner

TB 5 winners in 10 races with a $7, $8 & $14 winner

Total was 42 winners in 65 races. Remember this is without doing anything but hitting one button and that is all.

Best 5 is giving you the top 3 in each race.
You're betting on each horse it gives you? Or are you looking at the tote board odds and trying to find a price?

I find betting 3 horses to win in a race could produce winners, but it could also produce a loss over all. If you are betting $2 on each horse, thats $6 each race. If any of the horses that win pays less than $6 you lose money. And if none of the 3 come in you lose the whole thing. In the long run I do not think this is ever profitable. You would have to find the runners that pay at least 3-1 of the top 3 consensus on the tote and play those so that you at least make your money back.

Just curious your betting angle here.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #4807
oughtoh

I look at the tote board at the odds. I do not bet anything under 5/2. Wait for a longshot or if I like the favorite usually play it in an exacta. I will play 2 horses at times if odds are both over 10-1. I like to use any horse that was 8-1 ml or higher from pp or best 5 in exactas if I like the favorite. I pass alot of races. I have not used this software for a long time and only did it because I could do the races before I left because I didn't take a computer with me.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #4808
lefty359

oughtoh, thanks for your results from best 5. Interesting...
Old 04-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #4809
lefty359

oughtoh, you say you haven' used Best 5 software for long time? May I ask why? And do you think the results you posted are fairly typical. If so, that's quite something. THanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #4810
oughtoh

Results are typical. Better at some tracks than others. As with any of his programs, you wait for the odds. I haven't played the horses for awhile, mainly my sight is getting so bad it isn't fun and really had a hard time reading the numbers on the software. I can't really read a form anymore and software on the computer is getting really hard to read. Usually just watch my wife make her picks.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #4811
lefty359

Sorry about the eyes. I had a buddy that gave up racing for the same reason.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #4812
oughtoh

I don't have pace-view that you are using. Don't know the difference between the two of them or if there is much of a difference.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #4813
lefty359

oughtoh, there might be a difference. Your prgm gives a consensus and Platinum is a collection of many spot plays. A lot of chalk. It also has early late and all that but uses Bris pace numbers far as I can tell. Prob both good prgms but probably have differences.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #4814
dlivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by djser View Post
Best 5 is giving you the top 3 in each race.
You're betting on each horse it gives you? Or are you looking at the tote board odds and trying to find a price?

I find betting 3 horses to win in a race could produce winners, but it could also produce a loss over all. If you are betting $2 on each horse, thats $6 each race. If any of the horses that win pays less than $6 you lose money. And if none of the 3 come in you lose the whole thing. In the long run I do not think this is ever profitable. You would have to find the runners that pay at least 3-1 of the top 3 consensus on the tote and play those so that you at least make your money back.

Just curious your betting angle here.
May I ask your question is with 4 parts win place show Maybe

Just asking what are your selection methods for when your going to make a wager decision
Old 04-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #4815
Floyd

Here's a useful method if you have both "Platinum" and "Best~5."
Do your scratches using headhawg's program.
Run "Best~5 Consensus" (Be sure to scratch any scratched horse manually)
Run Platinum's "Comp Report." (Be sure to scratch any scratched horse manually)
Compare the two, marking every horse that appears on BOTH the "Comp Report" and "Consensus."
Bet any non-maiden race that has two or more horses in common, with Morning Line odds no lower than 3/1 on any of the three horses, as an exacta box.
$$$PROFIT$$$

You'll want to test this on various tracks to see where it works for you, of course. I'm showing good luck with this method at Turfway Park, Turf Paradise, Will Rogers Downs and Sunland.

Above all, have fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: