Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-24-2022, 07:49 PM   #31
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Seriously, they finished the race, will it show up in past performances, but not count as a start for anyone? That is information future bettors will want to have. Will the horses the Beyers, TF, etc?
The chart is available. So I assume it will included, but if not a figure can be calculated and you can refer back to the chart for the horses PPs.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:50 PM   #32
Cuffdaddy

I get the ruling and suppose if I read the rules I would have excepted the full refund but why that refund is not made available until after the final leg is perplexing.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2022, 07:56 PM   #33
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Easy for us web bettors. There was no announcement at the track they were considering it a no contest. How many paper tickets were tossed?
Rule #1 from Jack E. Lee at Roosevelt Raceway: "Hold all tickets until the results of the race are declared official".

Seriously, casual bettors who tossed their tickets likely did not even realize that they tossed a refund. Those who watched the race knew that something was wrong when four horses were a furlong behind (and eased) at the stretch.

There was communication at the track as soon as the inquiry was closed.
ScottJ is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2022, 07:58 PM   #34
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
I get the ruling and suppose if I read the rules I would have excepted the full refund but why that refund is not made available until after the final leg is perplexing.
That is a tote system processing issue where payouts are not determined until the final leg of a multirace sequence is completed.

For those questioning all of these horizontal wagering rules, you are not alone. They vary from state-to-state and wager-to-wager. When you wonder why racetracks in the UK do NOT offer horizontal bets, you have your reason right here.

Last edited by ScottJ; 07-24-2022 at 08:01 PM.
ScottJ is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2022, 09:06 PM   #35
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
My point had zero to do with everything you just mentioned. There was no communication during the inquiry delay about what was going on and why.
That's my takeaway too. No one at the track had a clue what was going on. I saw the livestream at home, which gave me a big advantage of rewinding and pausing 27 times.

The NYRA broadcasters did a good job of running down all the details like it was The Da Vinci Code, but nothing would've made sense if you were there in person.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2022, 09:29 PM   #36
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
That is a tote system processing issue where payouts are not determined until the final leg of a multirace sequence is completed.

For those questioning all of these horizontal wagering rules, you are not alone. They vary from state-to-state and wager-to-wager. When you wonder why racetracks in the UK do NOT offer horizontal bets, you have your reason right here.
No horizontals? Placepot, jackpot, Scoop 6 (similar to our cross-country pick 5) are all available.

And they deal with it in the rules much the same way - making it an "all":

"Walkovers/Void/Abandoned Races/Meetings
If any leg of the Tote Placepot is a walkover, or is void, or is abandoned, or there is no official result declared for any reason, and is not re-ran on the same day, then the pool will be settled on the remaining legs, i.e. every selection in that leg is deemed to have been successful, provided at least one leg of the bet takes place."
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 12:29 AM   #37
Brass Hat

True, the crowd was told there was an inquiry, but no explanation during the long delay. I learned from my wife who found the reason on Twitter, from Dave Grening, I believe.

Had to laugh though, at any track you see much bizarre behavior, even Saratoga. I went up on the second level to play my picks; there was some gentleman hollering obscenities at the screen and how jockeys were the stupidest human beings on earth. I watched the race, went back to my chair on the first floor. As soon as the race was declared no-contest the same gentleman comes running down the escalator picking up loose tickets at the tote window, the fastest stooper I've seen in my life.
Brass Hat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 01:21 AM   #38
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Hat View Post
I went up on the second level to play my picks; there was some gentleman hollering obscenities at the screen and how jockeys were the stupidest human beings on earth. I watched the race, went back to my chair on the first floor. As soon as the race was declared no-contest the same gentleman comes running down the escalator picking up loose tickets at the tote window, the fastest stooper I've seen in my life.
Being wrong hasn't stopped people from trying to benefit later.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 02:32 AM   #39
FRMNBRI

I agree that totally sucked and even though it benefitted me bc I didnt have the I feel for everyone because it kills the pools. Saratoga has a gate crew that is very good IMO and atleast they got the gate off the track. If some one can find it, there was a video from some bush track with 12 yr old horses running where they could not get he gate off and jockeys were flying everywhere on the tarck
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 06:12 AM   #40
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

the UK has horizontal bets.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 07:32 AM   #41
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
How do they handle the owners/purses?
Article in DRF said every runner got 3%
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 07:43 AM   #42
alhattab

[QUOTE=soupman2;2819427]So the next time a runner in the front breaks down and the horses behind have to pull up or even run into him, as the leaders continue to race, I can expect a no contest declaration?

I believe some jurisdictions have a rule that would declare the race no contest if, for example, fewer than half the field does not finish.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 01:26 PM   #43
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
My point had zero to do with everything you just mentioned. There was no communication during the inquiry delay about what was going on and why.
I sometimes disagree with you . But this time you are 100% correct. On track bettors never had a clue WTF was happening. Not one word other that a Stewards General Inquiry…….. not a freaking word for at least 10 to 15 minutes. If you were at the track you didn’t have a clue. The horses for the next race walked into the paddock for the next race.,,,, still nothing said! The call was the right call….. but who ever manages this type of thing . Should be fired. People walked out after they finally said what happened. Surreal and stupid. Would of been the end of the world to announce that there was a malfunction during the race . Not a peep!

Last edited by burnsy; 07-25-2022 at 01:27 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 01:33 PM   #44
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
People walked out after they finally said what happened. Surreal and stupid. Would of been the end of the world to announce that there was a malfunction during the race . Not a peep!
Theorizing that the over/under on the number of people walking out because of this in addition to the normal number of people who leave after race 7 on a normal Sunday at the end of their Saratoga weekend was 2.5.

Might even be a negative number since more people would still be alive in their pick 5 or pick 6 after the "all" race.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #45
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Seriously, they finished the race, will it show up in past performances, but not count as a start for anyone? That is information futre bettors will want to have.
Will the horses het Beyers, TF, etc?
For purposes of pp lines, this race is considered "unofficial" but since at least one horse crossed the line every horse in the race "should" have a pp line going forward. The reason for "should" is it is up to whoever produces the PPs whether they want to include unofficial races or not in their products.

I do not know whether there will be figures calculated for the horses.

I do know that this race will not increment a start for the purposes of lifetime records or statistics, including jockey, trainer, sire and dam.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: