Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #16
garyoz

Opinions make markets. I still hold to my view. I don't think that Peace Rules was a length and 1/2 clear when he moved to the rail as required. I do agree that someone should have come down for what happened on the clubhouse turn. I watched the replay on TVG again this morning. PR also definitely made contact after Bailey switched stick hands in the stretch. It really doesn't matter because the result stands. TVG said they had hundreds of emails about the race. I'm sure that they will pick it up again on Wednesday at noon. I think the stewards, like any public official, should explain their logic and also make the head-on avalable. At any rate, today's another day and it's all part of the game.
garyoz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #17
Niko

I would love to hear an explanation. I'm interested because I had Liam. At first I thought he was going to be DQ'd until I saw him pull back after Peace Rules made his move to the rail. It's hard to tell how far apart they were from the replay but one fact that can't be disputed is that Liam did pull back after Peace Rules moved in front of him. If Peace Rules moved in front of Liam causing him to slow down and go ride Peace Rules comes down for starting the chain reaction or possibly Liam if Peace Rules didn't cause anything and compromising the chances of the other horses. I don't know why they didn't show the head on replay a little better. It reminds me of greyhound racing.
Like in other sports I think an explanation should be made by the stewards, especially in a big race like this to help the fans understand what was looked at and why the decision was made. I've never been a jockey so I don't have the insight.
Deep down though all I thought is there's no way they'll take down a Frankel/Bailey horse unless they have absolutely no choice. Again like in other sports the stars get a break or two.
Oh well, on to the next race!
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote Reply