Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #301
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh now you embrace "whataboutisms"
It's fun to watch them talk themselves in circles.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:56 PM   #302
porchy44

I like this proposal for all the reasons the author states.

"For instance, instead of debating gun regulations that would apply to every gun owner, we could consider limits that are imposed on youth and removed with age..................."

https://www.dispatch.com/story/opini...s/14226579007/

There is a statistical reason my Local Enterprise-Rent-a-car charges an additional $20 a day for renters under age 25. They know they can't eliminate risk, but can mitigate risk,

Last edited by porchy44; 05-27-2022 at 03:59 PM.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 04:01 PM   #303
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post
I like this proposal for all the reasons the author states.

"For instance, instead of debating gun regulations that would apply to every gun owner, we could consider limits that are imposed on youth and removed with age..................."

https://www.dispatch.com/story/opini...s/14226579007/

There is a statistical reason my Local Enterprise-Rent-a-car charges an additional $20 a day for renters under age 25. They know they can't eliminate risk, but can mitigate risk,

I am sure those are under 25 single males, as it has always been. What does wanting to drive recklessly have to do with being a homicidal maniac?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 04:07 PM   #304
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
What in the fuck are you talking about?

"Ghost guns?"

Tell me you're a idiot without telling me you're a idiot.
Maybe your President can explain it better.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:11 PM   #305
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post

https://youtu.be/7qgu82kSWuI
I do wonder if elysiantraveller would pose this same question to the President.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:47 PM   #306
stuball

Mid Terms approaching
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 04:59 PM   #307
Inner Dirt

Anyone wondering what one of the problems is with today's youth and how they are raised. Watch today's Dr.Phil, about a 9 year old boy who is the second coming of Rosemary's baby or Damien from the Exorcist. He is the poster child of a kid who needs an old school ass whipping. He gave his grandmother a black eye. He needs to spend time in restraints in a mental hospital of which they don't do that anymore. They should follow these stories, kid has a life of crime in his future.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:23 PM   #308
Inner Dirt

Quote:

https://youtu.be/7qgu82kSWuI

Sweet, the president of the USA talking out his ass on a subject he knows nothing about and 1/2 the population takes him at his word. As a small machine shop owner who makes gun parts for a customer who also makes gun parts for antique firearm restorers, a John Doe with a drill press isn't
making his own guns from a kit, and a 3d printed gun is no easy task and probably could be used once, if you were lucky. I get so sick of the BS lies the left spreads about guns.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:27 PM   #309
Marshall Bennett

This may have already been addressed here, but if a teacher left the door open and the killer went through it, why did they need to get a key from the custodian...or whoever it was?
I wonder if an attempt by the school was made to conjure up the key story to protect the negligent teacher.
And who is this ignorant teacher? Why don't we know? Do the families know? This teacher's negligence shouldn't go unpunished...no more so than a driver hitting a crowd on the road doing 100 mph.
As Abbott said, there's a heap of shit to sort through. So far there's far to many questions and very few honest answers.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 05:50 PM   #310
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
This may have already been addressed here, but if a teacher left the door open and the killer went through it, why did they need to get a key from the custodian...or whoever it was?
I wonder if an attempt by the school was made to conjure up the key story to protect the negligent teacher.
And who is this ignorant teacher? Why don't we know? Do the families know? This teacher's negligence shouldn't go unpunished...no more so than a driver hitting a crowd on the road doing 100 mph.
As Abbott said, there's a heap of shit to sort through. So far there's far to many questions and very few honest answers.
The teacher left the door open to the school. The gunman locked himself into a classroom with his victims. The cops didn't have the keys or equipment needed to enter the classroom. Doors in schools are heavy & sturdy, nobody can kick them in. The teacher should be arrested.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #311
boxcar

Quote:
If you don't understand the laws and how they work this probably isn't the discussion for you.
What you don't understand is that existing laws worked for me just fine.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:56 PM   #312
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
A locked door kept the cops from entering the classroom that the shooter was in. Yes, a locked doors would have denied access to the shooter and had him looking for a way in, which may have given the cops time to confront the murderer outside of the school.
This true, but when you reply to POT, you must type s-l-o-w-l-y so he can follow along.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:05 PM   #313
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I've been sober for a long long time.

Point I'm making is whatabouting Hunter Biden is beyond pointless in this discussion.
Not really. Asshat Biden i screaming about more power for him and more gun laws, but he is keeping quiet at best, lying at the least about his own son's actions with gun laws.

Start cleaning your own shithouse, Biden.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:10 PM   #314
Inner Dirt

Quote:
The teacher left the door open to the school. The gunman locked himself into a classroom with his victims. The cops didn't have the keys or equipment needed to enter the classroom. Doors in schools are heavy & sturdy, nobody can kick them in. The teacher should be arrested.

I don't think leaving a classroom door open is a crime, what are you going to arrest the teacher for? It seems a lot of people are just looking for a person or persons to hang over this, seemingly ignoring this was the rare act of a deranged gunman, that was unpredictable. The only crime that was committed so far was done by a dead man. Whatever mistakes were made need to be learned from.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:38 PM   #315
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I don't think leaving a classroom door open is a crime, what are you going to arrest the teacher for? It seems a lot of people are just looking for a person or persons to hang over this, seemingly ignoring this was the rare act of a deranged gunman, that was unpredictable. The only crime that was committed so far was done by a dead man. Whatever mistakes were made need to be learned from.
The teacher left the entrance door to the school open, not the classroom door.