Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #2641
Ocala Mike

Re: Drs. Fauci and Birx. The more successful they are in reducing the death count the more they will be vilified for “exaggerating” the threat. Reduced death won’t be rewarded it will be punished as deniers feel vindicated that it was a hoax.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #2642
FakeNameChanged

An American living in Wuhan

Interesting article from an American living in Wuhan, China about their lockdown. He said expect it to take longer, especially since we're not really in a lockdown.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/act-thoug...093031383.html
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #2643
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Re: Drs. Fauci and Birx. The more successful they are in reducing the death count the more they will be vilified for “exaggerating” the threat. Reduced death won’t be rewarded it will be punished as deniers feel vindicated that it was a hoax.
I know. It's like having your cake and eating it too...whatever that means.

Thanks for playing.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #2644
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/03/26/covid...t-ruth-karron/

“This week, the National Institutes of Health announced that Kaiser Permanente has begun the first clinical trial of a COVID-19 vaccine, called mRNA-1273. Scientists estimate that it will take at least one year to make a COVID-19 vaccine available to the general public”

The article is from March 26.

Kaiser Permanente beat university of Pittsburgh by a week.
Kaiser has a track record of irresponsible behavior. A favorite of the ambulance chasers when I was in school in California and continued long after as friends told me all about.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:21 PM   #2645
RunForTheRoses

Only read this article if you have a supply of TP

due to it's laxative effect (left wingers will love though):

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...navirus-impact

Cry me a river
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #2646
davew

a badge of honor - testing positive to CV

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cn...cid=spartandhp
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #2647
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
due to it's laxative effect (left wingers will love though):

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...navirus-impact

Cry me a river
And the reverse for you.

The undocumented as essential employees.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/u...riculture.html

“Ms. Silva, who has spent much of her life in the United States evading law enforcement, now carries a letter from her employer in her wallet, declaring that the Department of Homeland Security considers her “critical to the food supply chain.”

The government considers her essential.

So we have none coming in and none going out.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #2648
Cuffdaddy

Take a look at the Taiwan news if you want information that is 3 weeks ahead of anything our news media gives us.

China corrupt! WHO corrupt!
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #2649
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Take a look at the Taiwan news if you want information that is 3 weeks ahead of anything our news media gives us.

China corrupt! WHO corrupt!
I knew it!!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 04:25 PM   #2650
RunForTheRoses

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/202...ichael-cutler/
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 05:44 PM   #2651
MONEY

Hospital and Government officials say that they can't get a hold of surgical masks.
But, every day when I go for my exercise in the park I noticed that every Asian that
I passed was wearing a surgical mask.

Today I went to Chinatown in Houston, to see if I could find some masks to send to my daughter
who works in a hospital in Florida, because her bosses will not provide her with masks.

The surgical masks were easy to find, they have them by the pallet load in many places.

Our Government and Hospital bosses are not trying hard enough to find necessary supplies.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #2652
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Hospital and Government officials say that they can't get a hold of surgical masks.
But, every day when I go for my exercise in the park I noticed that every Asian that

Today I went to Chinatown in Houston, to see if I could find some masks to send to my daughter
who works in a hospital in Florida, because her bosses will not provide her with masks.

The surgical masks were easy to find, they have them by the pallet load in many places.

Our Government and Hospital bosses are not trying hard enough to find necessary supplies.
Makes me wonder about the Chinese in THIS country. "Pallet load"? Why are they not offering to share?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #2653
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Re: the article at the above link --

Welcome to the PC (Post Coronavirus) Era:
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/202...ichael-cutler/

Quote:
Unlike most politicians, President Trump has the chutzpah to call things as he sees them. This, by itself, is enough to traumatize the Left. Trump has come to refer to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) by the term “China Virus,” sending many “journalists” into paroxysms of rage and disgust, claiming that referring to this virus that, in point of fact, originated in China, demonstrates that Trump is a racist.

Time for a reality check.

Various illnesses have traditionally been named for the locations where the diseases originated. The devastating Spanish Flu of 1918 was so-named because, it originated in Spain.

I don't really have a problem with a U.S. President calling Covid-19 the "China Virus."

I say that because just about every news article I've read to date indicates the first Covid-19 human infections occurred in or around Wuhan in China.

But I do have a problem with the author of the article at the above link stating that the Spanish Flu epidemic of 2018 was named the "Spanish Flu" because it originated in Spain.

I say that because just about every article I've read to date indicates the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 2018 did not (repeat not) originate in Spain.

Why Was It Called the 'Spanish Flu?':
https://www.history.com/news/why-was...he-spanish-flu

Quote:
The 1918 influenza pandemic did not, as many people believed, originate in Spain.

As the pandemic reached epic proportions in the fall of 1918, it became commonly known as the “Spanish Flu” or the “Spanish Lady” in the United States and Europe. Many assumed this was because the sickness had originated on the Iberian Peninsula, but the nickname was actually the result of a widespread misunderstanding.

Spain was one of only a few major European countries to remain neutral during World War I. Unlike in the Allied and Central Powers nations, where wartime censors suppressed news of the flu to avoid affecting morale, the Spanish media was free to report on it in gory detail...
Carry on...

-jp

Old 04-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #2654
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post

New England Patriots team plane with 1.2 million N95 masks arrives from China to help ease shortages:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/co...rnd/index.html

Quote:
CNN - A New England Patriots team plane loaded with 1.2 million N95 protective masks has landed back in Boston after picking up the vital supplies in China.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker tweeted a photo of the plane being loaded with the personal protective equipment that he said would go to the state's health care workers on the front lines of the coronavirus crisis.

"Tonight's arrival of a major shipment of N95 masks on the Patriots' plane was a significant step in our work to get front-line workers the equipment they need," the governor later said on Twitter. "And it's an example of how collaboration and partnership can lead to real solutions during these challenging times."
I have to ask the obvious --

If the New England Patriots can procure 1.2 million N95 masks during the middle of a global pandemic: How is it that federal, state, and local health officials are having such a hard time getting their hands on them?

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 04-03-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #2655
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I have to ask the obvious --

If the New England Patriots can procure 1.2 million N95 masks during the middle of a global pandemic: How is it that federal, state, and local health officials are having such a hard time getting their hands on them?

-jp

Another obvious question

There are 31 more nfl teams with planes all owned by billionaires. Add in baseball and basketball as well. What would it take for them to step up?