Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #166
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
You should direct your post to R-Randall... he's the doom and gloomer, not me.

I am only offering the lone possible scenario of a market plunge in Trump's first months. I am not the one that said the Trump's stock market rally is close to being finished or near so.

I am a long term investor and am very, very optimistic in the immediate, mid-term and long term success in the stock market.
Maybe there is room for both mindsets, in 2008 there were two groups of us at the company. Those of us who lost 40 to 50 k in retirement savings and lost our job. And those of us who just lost the job, those who lost in the market did not listen to Lou. There was safe ground to be had provided you guarded what you had the year before, R-Randall might not get beat should things sour. Myself I think the housing bubble in Canada is ripe to pop, what follows it is anyone's educated guess. I just do not see Donald J. Trump making the same moves should the economy go from bad to even more bad.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #167
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

"Myself I think the housing bubble in Canada is ripe to pop..."

Are you saying all those folks that promised to move to Canada aren't going to re-lo after all?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #168
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
"Myself I think the housing bubble in Canada is ripe to pop..."

Are you saying all those folks that promised to move to Canada aren't going to re-lo after all?
They didn't pinky swear so they don't have to go apparently. Amazing how they all had their bags packed with the chauffeur at the ready and Edsel (with idling engine) in the driveway and were just waiting for midnight on nov 8th (into the 9th) for the official sign to be hung on the toteboard with care.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #169
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump should raise their taxes for not leaving.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #170
reckless
Veteran

Let's include this great news here, too

Ford not going to Mexico afterall. To re-invest in USA thanks to President D.J. Trump.

Wow, Ford Motor scraps plans to go to Mexico as originally planned amidst much fan-fare and not a word of cheer from all the anti-Trumpsters about this success.

Another big win for President Donald Trump and the American people, and no one on here says boo. The anti-Trump political, business and trade geniuses and bashers are dead silent.

Like I said countless times... the Trump bashers didn't get it, still don't get it, and will never get it.

Quote:
Ford (F), a frequent target of President-elect Donald Trump, has reversed course in Mexico.

The automaker said Tuesday it canceled plans to construct a new $1.6 billion factory in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Instead, Ford will invest $700 million in expanding a Michigan factory slated to build new electric and autonomous vehicles.

Ford Chairman Bill Ford said he spoke to Trump on Tuesday morning to inform him of the change.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...from-trump.html
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #171
woodtoo

Quote:
Ford not going to Mexico afterall. To re-invest in USA thanks to President D.J. Trump.

Wow, Ford Motor scraps plans to go to Mexico as originally planned amidst much fan-fare and not a word of cheer from all the anti-Trumpsters about this success.

Another big win for President Donald Trump and the American people, and no one on here says boo. The anti-Trump political, business and trade geniuses and bashers are dead silent.

Like I said countless times... the Trump bashers didn't get it, still don't get it, and will never get it.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...from-trump.html
Great but underappreciated news.
#Winning
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #172
johnhannibalsmith

Well one thing I can say for certain that Donald J. Trump has ruined already with his election is that show he was on. Holy mackerel. I watched about 20 minutes or so of that hot mess last night and how on earth did someone get everyone to stop laughing long enough to actually consider making Arnold Schwarzenegger the guy with the most important lines. Wow. "Garble yarble babble goobly boobly Youa Teh-minated. Hasta La Vista baby." You gotta be shittin me with this SNL skit.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #173
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Ford not going to Mexico afterall. To re-invest in USA thanks to President D.J. Trump. Wow, Ford Motor scraps plans to go to Mexico as originally planned amidst much fan-fare and not a word of cheer from all the anti-Trumpsters about this success.
Ford is of course already in Mexico. The announcement today was that they're not going to build another new Mexican plant to build the Focus, instead they're going to build the Focus in an existing plant, also in Mexico.

Ford has been investing heavily in their US plants for yrs, and it's nice to see that continuing with the additional investment also announced today.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #174
HalvOnHorseracing

I'm starting to think if Trump tweeted out that he made the sun come up today, the headline here would read, Finally Trump Sheds Light on How the Sun Rises and one of the posts would be, I don't know why Trump kept the sun coming up during Obama's administration. Shows you what a great guy he is.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #175
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
I'm starting to think if Trump tweeted out that he made the sun come up today, the headline here would read, Finally Trump Sheds Light on How the Sun Rises and one of the posts would be, I don't know why Trump kept the sun coming up during Obama's administration. Shows you what a great guy he is.
Then again on the flip side, you'd have protesters out in the street throwing buckets of water into the air trying to extinguish the corruptible sun.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #176
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Trump should raise their taxes for not leaving.
We as a society should hold them to their word.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #177
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Anyway.....It's just 9 days until Trump hits the ground at full steam out of the blocks.....come Inauguration Day it's going to be a wild ride.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #178
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL

The 45th President of the United States is now Donald J. Trump.....May God himself, guide him and keep his paths straight, leading this nation to a new greatness, with prosperity for EVERYONE, no exceptions.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #179
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
The 45th President of the United States is now Donald J. Trump.....May God himself, guide him and keep his paths straight, leading this nation to a new greatness, with prosperity for EVERYONE, no exceptions.
Excellent comment!
Old 01-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #180
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Lots of talk about God today.
I bet a large number of democrats have had to be restrained.
Sale of drugs must be at an all time high today.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: