Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

While the losers out there are whining about all the stuff that makes no difference at all unless you are a snowflake, Trump is slowing down the illegal invasion, in fact, they are starting to sneak OUT over the Canadian border, and the economy is running full steam - should break 3% and come in just under 4 this quarter...something democratic insanity was not able to do for years.

And he is doing it without the help anyone in UseLess, er, Congress.

Yeah, whine about the stupid stuff, guys.

The last guy was was the racist pig...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Economy.JPG (20.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #17
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Coming soon to a media outlet near you, "Bannon the Barbarian".

https://www.axios.com/bannons-next-move-2474479917.html
Bannon going back to Briebart is just preaching to the choir.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #18
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
For you it is, count on what you see in your business continuing for the foreseeable future. If it is good count on that, if not count on that. Where I am we are seeing a 25% upswing, under the old administration things were FLAT. Are others here seeing a progress in percentage that they can have a number to feel good about? Go President Trump go.
Down here in Texas some are talking about 35-50% increases in sales since Trump was elected. The minute he won the election things changed. A local radio host did a show recently where business owners called in to relate their experiences. All talked about optimism.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #19
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
This administration is truly a disaster...

Good thing only a few items are on the agenda when Congress gets back.
I just don't see it.

Many people on the left may hate this entire list, but this is the kind of stuff he campaigned on.

1. Conservatives and libertarians loved his Supreme court selection and he got him through.

2. The economy is still doing well, jobs are being created at a rapid rate, he's out of TPP, renegotiation of NAFTA with more favorable terms for the US is getting underway, and the US manufacturing index is at a 33 year high. (notice I did not give him credit for the stock market because that's a bubble that's the Fed's fault)

3. He's been tougher on ISIS than Obama

4. He's making slow progress on illegal and other risky immigration (more resources to Homeland Security, better vetting, slowly increasing the arrest and deportation of illegal immigrant gang members etc.)

5. He's at least trying to deal with the impossible situation in North Korea instead of allowing it to fester like the last 3 presidents. So far N Korea seems to have backed down a bit.

6. He's reducing regulations on manufacturing, putting rules in place that stifle the creation of new regulations, etc...

7. Unlike his moronic predecessor, he's made it clear he thinks the police are not the bad guy and he's trying to help them.

8. There's a hiring freeze on federal employees.

Other than the Russia fiasco (which is mostly left wing and media bullsh$t), claims that he's racist (which is mostly left wing and media bullsh$t), and a failed attempt at passing a BAD healthcare package that the Senate put together, I think about 90% of everything that people are screaming about is media hype, lies, spin, BS and honest political disagreement. If you hate what he's doing, that's a political perspective, but he's slowly getting things done.

Tax reform may be complicated, but I don't see how he doesn't get TAX CUTS to pass a republican congress eventually. They may argue about which candy to give out, who to give it to, and how much, but it's still hard to reject giving out candy.

The same thing with infrastructure spending. If he's willing to send billions of dollars to California, NY, and other liberal states do you really think they are all going to say no even if they don't get to spend it exactly how they would like?
Old 08-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It is so much easier to say what they are told to say by the media.
Feeble minds are the fodder of the left.

The only chaos out there is the left- worst political shape since the 1920s. Trump threw water on the wicked witch and the flying monkeys are in a tizzy.

OOOOO eeee OOOOO
Old 08-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #21
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Other than the Russia fiasco (which is mostly left wing and media bullsh$t), claims that he's racist (which is mostly left wing and media bullsh$t), and a failed attempt at passing a BAD healthcare package that the Senate put together, I think about 90% of everything that people are screaming about is media hype, lies, spin, BS and honest political disagreement.
Of course, "media hype, lies, spin, BS and honest political disagreement" is at least 90% of everything people are screaming about. In fact, I have no idea what you think the other 10% is.

You know what is crazy, Classy. For 8 years you kept saying you were ready to leave the country because everything was just too depressing. Now we get a flake running the show and you see nothing but blue skies and rainbows.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #22
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Amazing how no one is actually admitting the administration is in complete and total disarray.

Here is your list of people gone within the past month...

Chief of Staff
Press Secretary
Senior Advisor

Of course I'm leaving out the mooch who only made it ten days as WH Comms Director.

It would also be another thing if all these people shared similar ideologies but that can't be further from the truth. Just like the post earlier talking about how Trumps base is growing (even those the articles cited don't back up that statement). The President was right when he joked he could shoot someone and not lose a supporter but to any rational being the SS Trump is very listlessly lost at sea.

Edit) oh how could I forget both his SOS and SOD also walked back hos brilliant Korea comments as well. Wonder how long they're safe.
Just because people leave because their job is done does not mean the administration is in disarray (as opposed to a previous administration that just lied when they screwed up and nobody was ever fired). Bannon signed up for 8-12 months, and spent more than 12 months with the campaign/early presidency. He will be able to do more to help 'drain the swamp' back with Breitbart News.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #23
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Just because people leave because their job is done does not mean the administration is in disarray (as opposed to a previous administration that just lied when they screwed up and nobody was ever fired). Bannon signed up for 8-12 months, and spent more than 12 months with the campaign/early presidency. He will be able to do more to help 'drain the swamp' back with Breitbart News.
That is so right, his job (charter) was done. There is no doubt in my mind that the minority leaders in both chambers are now on Stephen K. Bannon's destroy list. Political careers of RINO's are also in danger, and those who would put our civil liberty's in danger. Watch Mr Stephen K. Bannon crusade against those who oppose the President.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #24
NJ Stinks

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that the minority leaders in both chambers are now on Stephen K. Bannon's destroy list. Political careers of RINO's are also in danger, and those who would put our civil liberty's in danger. Watch Mr Stephen K. Bannon crusade against those who oppose the President.
Spelling out "Stephen K. Bannon" reminds me of another iconic figure who was revered by more than a few -

"Alfred E. Neuman"
Old 08-19-2017, 11:36 PM   #25
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Spelling out "Stephen K. Bannon" reminds me of another iconic figure who was revered by more than a few
I often copy and paste from Wikipedia to include exact name including middle.

I am consistent for our President, previous Presidents, our current Attorney General and so on. Not because of revered of anything, just consistent.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #26
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Spelling out "Stephen K. Bannon" reminds me of another iconic figure who was revered by more than a few -

"Alfred E. Neuman"
Nah......More like "Colonel Nathan R. Jessup"... Give all the extremists a CODE RED..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #27
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
That is so right, his job (charter) was done. There is no doubt in my mind that the minority leaders in both chambers are now on Stephen K. Bannon's destroy list. Political careers of RINO's are also in danger, and those who would put our civil liberty's in danger. Watch Mr Stephen K. Bannon crusade against those who oppose the President.
I just don't think that you get it fast4522, the RINOs, who I take to mean the traditional Republicans, have won. They will moderate Trump. Bannon is fringe; always was, always will be.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #28
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I just don't think that you get it fast4522, the RINOs, who I take to mean the traditional Republicans, have won. They will moderate Trump. Bannon is fringe; always was, always will be.
Yup, Bannon was the anti-globalist in the administration.

He gone now.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #29
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
What is a "wackadoodle"?

If that is your term for liberals, you better get used to them. They have taken over the West Wing. And don't forget that Trump was a liberal Democrat long before he became a semi-alt-right Republican.

As an article at "Conservative Review" points out, this administration started out with three factions in Trump's West Wing, each pushing their own agenda. They were the NY liberals, led by Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, the establishment GOP, led by Reince Priebus, and the nationalist populists, led by Steve Bannon.

Priebus is gone and Bannon is gone, and the West Wing is staffed by more NY liberals like Gary Cohn and Dina Powell.

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/steve-bannon-is-out-only-the-liberals-are-left
wackadoodle is a cross dressing poodle
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #30
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Down here in Texas some are talking about 35-50% increases in sales since Trump was elected. The minute he won the election things changed. A local radio host did a show recently where business owners called in to relate their experiences. All talked about optimism.
same here in ND. oil field took off again soon as he was elected. these company heads aren't fools
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: