Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
pilot12321

Brisnet American Pridyce Records

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried the American produce records on brisnet, and if so, what did you think about them.

Thanks in advance

Wayne
Old 05-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
MightBeSosa
Veteran

Todays just for fun , I wish I looked it up sooner spectacular!!!!

who was Dark Roast 's granny? first time grass today. won. 6-1

A certain 'expert' said nothing about this. Must have overlooked it.

Last edited by MightBeSosa; 05-30-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:29 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightBeSosa
Nice touch with the word expert in quotes.

Can you be any more of a jackass?

Oh, and I looked for your amazing insights into this horse before the race, and couldn't find anything...must have overlooked it....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-31-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
MightBeSosa
Veteran

Interesting no one has come up with the answer, even after the fact.

Oh, and consider this my last post.

Your loss. And you know it.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

I'm curious who you meant. I happen to know a certain expert (maybe the same one) that uses this product religiously. It doesn't mean he can point out every single horse that has turf breeding, or bet every one.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
BIG49010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot12321
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried the American produce records on brisnet, and if so, what did you think about them.

Thanks in advance

Wayne
I checked it out when bris was giving you a free month at the start of the year, I liked it ok. The data provided is not something that I was willing to spend time on during my daily handicapping. There are many other things available free, if you do a little looking around.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
the little guy

Quote:

I just came across this pathetic shot ( next time, be at least a sliver of a man, and call me out directly ), and thought I would share the supposed great turf breeding on Dark Roast.

He is a first foal from his dam. His sire is a 6% turf sire ( to the uninitiated, this is dreadful ). His dam ran on the turf five times, with a 2nd and a 3rd, and $19K in earnings. She did, however, rack up over $390K on the dirt. I think it's fair to say she was considerably better on dirt. As far as the dam's siblings, three of them ran on the turf, for a total of 13 starts with no wins, one second, and no thirds.

This is a horse with negative turf breeding. Anyone that searches into third and fourth generations, especially after results like this, will waste a lot of time, and also possibly money as well. So this horse won at 5:1 ( not 6:1 ). It happens. Turf breeding is probably less important in sprints than routes. The horse, though 0 for 11, had reasonable dirt figs, and for those who ignore surface he was playable. I don't ignore surface. Sometimes this will bite me in the ass. It's horse racing.

Finally, I have absorbed some pretty lame shots on the internet ( funny, the same rarely, if ever, happens in person...I am physically imposing, so I guess I understand ) but this one has to be one of the very lamest. Congrats!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
the little guy

I just looked up the third dam of Dark Roast, ya know...just for a laugh, and found out her third dam tried the turf twice and never hit the board for earnings of $670. Five total horses from the third generation tried the turf with one winning. The combined turf record of these five runners was one for 9, with no seconds or thirds. The turf winner won $3838 on the grass.

Not only are you gutless, you're also dishonest. Thank God, for you at least, Al Gore invented the internet.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
MightBeSosa
Veteran

Unreal.

Even after being led by the nostrils, you're still inept Serling.
, Your Quote "This is a horse with negative turf breeding."

Not even a peep about the 2nd dam being:

MIESQUE

Winnings: 16 Starts: 12 - 3 - 1, $2,096,517

At 2:Won Prix De La Salamandre (FR-G1), Prix Marcel Boussac (FR-G1).
3rd Prix Morny (FR-G1).
At 3:Won Breeders' Cup Mile (USA-G1), Prix Imprudence (FR), 1000 Guineas (ENG-G1),
Dubai Poule D'essai Des Pouliches (FR-G1), Prix Jacques Marois (FR-G1), Prix Du Moulin (FR-G1).
2nd Prix De Diane Hermes (FR-G1), Queen Elizabeth II S. (ENG-G1).
At 4: Won Breeders' Cup Mile (USA-G1), Prix D'Ispahan (FR-G1), Prix Jacques Marois (FR-G1).
2nd Prix Du Moulin (FR-G1).

Champion at 2, 3 & 4 (in America, England and France).
1999: Inducted into Hall of Fame.

==============================================
Glad to have outed you once again.

Last edited by MightBeSosa; 06-01-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
the little guy

Quote:
Unreal.

Even after being led by the nostrils, you're still inept Serling.
, Your Quote "This is a horse with negative turf breeding."

Not even a peep about the 2nd dam being:

MIESQUE

Winnings: 16 Starts: 12 - 3 - 1, $2,096,517

At 2:Won Prix De La Salamandre (FR-G1), Prix Marcel Boussac (FR-G1).
3rd Prix Morny (FR-G1).
At 3:Won Breeders' Cup Mile (USA-G1), Prix Imprudence (FR), 1000 Guineas (ENG-G1),
Dubai Poule D'essai Des Pouliches (FR-G1), Prix Jacques Marois (FR-G1), Prix Du Moulin (FR-G1).
2nd Prix De Diane Hermes (FR-G1), Queen Elizabeth II S. (ENG-G1).
At 4: Won Breeders' Cup Mile (USA-G1), Prix D'Ispahan (FR-G1), Prix Jacques Marois (FR-G1).
2nd Prix Du Moulin (FR-G1).

Champion at 2, 3 & 4 (in America, England and France).
1999: Inducted into Hall of Fame.

==============================================
Glad to have outed you once again.

You are completely clueless about how pedigree analysis works. The sire's dam is not the "second dam."

You're a cheap shot artist that got exposed. Feel free to apologize and move on.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
MightBeSosa
Veteran

frankly, I dont think you're even serling, who would be too busy signing autographs to post mid day here.

fraud.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
MightBeSosa
Veteran

This is the obit of Grandma, 2nd dam on the Sires side. This is not the obit of a horse with negative turf breeding.

Better to say nothing, than open mouth and prove. Posturing as a know it all, and being one are two distinct things.

CHAMPION Miesque, the first horse to win two Breeders' Cup races and the dam of influential sire Kingmambo, was put down on Thursday due to the infirmities of old age at the Oak Tree Division of Lane's End Farm in Kentucky. The daughter of Nureyev was 27.

Trained by Francois Boutin on behalf of her breeder, Stavros Niarchos, Miesque was a brilliant miler, winning ten Group or Grade 1 races under regular jockey Freddie Head including the 1987 1,000 Guineas and two renewals of the Breeders' Cup Mile.

She also regularly defeated colts, most notably when successful in the 1988 Prix Jacques le Marois and as a two-year-old in the Prix de la Salamandre. Not only did she retire as a multiple champion in Europe but was also awarded two Eclipse Awards in recognition of her Breeders' Cup achievements.

"Miesque was part of our lives," said the Niarchos family in a statement. "She was unique and gave us immense pleasure."

Miesque was an immediate success as a broodmare. Sent to Mr Prospector in her first year, she foaled the Poule d'Essai des Poulains winner and leading sire Kingmambo. Further visits to the stallion produced Group 3 winner Miesque's Son, successful sire Kitalpha and Monevassia, the damof European champion two-year-old Rumplestiltskin.

Her only visit to Private Account yielded a champion in East of the Moon, who emulated her dam by capturing the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches and Prix Jacques le Marois.

Miesque was buried in the cemetery at the Oak Tree Division of Lane's End.

Last edited by MightBeSosa; 06-01-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
ArlJim78

"Better to say nothing"

You should have followed your own advice MightBeSosad.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
frankly, I dont think you're even serling, who would be too busy signing autographs to post mid day here.

fraud.
You're making a fool of yourself. 2nd dam of the sire, really? Go to fasigtipton.com or obssales.com and open a catalog for an auction. What do you see? What's down the page?
Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Andy had two lunches today.
His own, and Sosa's.