Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:56 PM   #8446
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for December 29,2020

195,000 cases

3400 deaths
for Wednesday, Deccmber 30, 2020

235,000 cases

3900 deaths
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 10:20 PM   #8447
lamboguy

not to be alarmed today because of the high number of deaths, deaths are a very lagging indicator.

the way the CDC reports deaths, they count the deaths by those that have the corona and pneumonia in their system as a corona death. a person with the corona and another problem but no pneumonia is also classified as a corona death and a person that has the corona, pneumonia and something else like diabetes, cancer or a hear attack is also called a corona death.

most of the deaths come from older people although the percentages of deaths from the corona coming from older or younger that have the virus are very close amongst age groups.

all this says is that the real cause of death is to hard to differentiate. because deaths are a lagging indicator, you really won't know how much of an impact this virus has on the number of deaths for at least another couple of years (in my opinion). the people that knock these numbers may or may not be right. time will decide it.

also today there was a report that a health worker that got https://local12.com/news/nation-worl...coronavirusthe vaccine last week died from the corona, this is being disputed now.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:23 PM   #8448
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I knew a guy who was a vegetarian fitness nut who literally dropped dead on a treadmill. Never sick. Fit as a fiddle. Unknown heart problem.

I heard this Congressman may have had a heart issue.
If you find where you "heard" that and remember where, feel free to link me to that source.

That is not what the doctor said.

I'm sure if it's the case that will come out though.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 05:31 AM   #8449
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
If you find where you "heard" that and remember where, feel free to link me to that source.

That is not what the doctor said.

I'm sure if it's the case that will come out though.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/congre...ing-operation/
Old 12-31-2020, 10:25 PM   #8450
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Wednesday, Deccmber 30, 2020

235,000 cases

3900 deaths
for Thursday, December 31,2020

228,000 cases

3400 deaths
Old 01-01-2021, 09:05 AM   #8451
classhandicapper

Quote:
the people that knock these numbers may or may not be right. time will decide it.
Obviously, I think Covid is worse than flu, but you are assuming someone is ever going to tell us the truth when it's all understood better.

For example, let's say a lot of the deaths were misclassified and the true IFR was a lot lower than reported. Then maybe the pandemic should have been handled much differently than it was (some in the medical community already think we should have focused almost entirely on the vulnerable).

That means the medical community, government and media are partially responsible for all the widespread economic devastation, increased suicides, increased alcohol and drug abuse, increased spousal abuse etc.. and preventable deaths from other causes due to lack of care, postponement of treatments, etc..

Do you really think that's going to get reported by the media?

IMO anyone that looks at the data and presents it that way they will be risking getting attacked and maybe even having their careers destroyed.

Even early during the pandemic when some doctors were reporting that the true IFR was much lower than believed because of all the asymptomatic and mild cases we weren't counting due to lack of testing and then started breaking down the data by age group to show the different risks they were getting attacked.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #8452
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

When you go against the state, just like in N. Korea and China, you will suffer great consequences.

I know I sound like a broken record, but this country is absolutely done. There is no going back now...ever...
Old 01-01-2021, 10:12 AM   #8453
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
When you go against the state, just like in N. Korea and China, you will suffer great consequences.

I know I sound like a broken record, but this country is absolutely done. There is no going back now...ever...
People are so worried about "politically incorrect" speech and points of view they don't realize we are becoming something much more dangerous. We are becoming a totalitarian state. In a totalitarian state the "power" always thinks their views are superior and that makes it OK to impose their will on others and destroy their enemies. They think they are doing it for a greater good. The problem is they are often wrong and are losing sight of the fact that even though freedom can have some downsides, the upsides are way greater.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #8454
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This video:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...4&postcount=34
Old 01-01-2021, 05:06 PM   #8455
thaskalos

I am watching the Rose Bowl. At the start of the game, an announcement was made that only one team-captain per team would be allowed at midfield for the coin toss...due to the coronavirus guidelines. But two minutes later...all the players are piled up on one-another.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 05:33 PM   #8456
mountainman

My wife is an RN, sharp and experienced, and now informs me that people are dying on her floor, while others could be losing the fight. She said it's difficult to assess those afflicted, because of the ebb and flow-they seem to be improving, but then get much worse with no warning signs.

She describes the virus as very, very nasty, with sufferers coughing up and sneezing out nearly indescribable chunks and strips of a hard bacon-like substance.

She was administered the phizer vaccine yesterday. As do countless others, though, she suspects she has already contracted and overcome the covid virus.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #8457
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
My wife is an RN, sharp and experienced, and now informs me that people are dying on her floor, while others could be losing the fight. She said it's difficult to assess those afflicted, because of the ebb and flow-they seem to be improving, but then get much worse with no warning signs.

She describes the virus as very, very nasty, with sufferers coughing up and sneezing out nearly indescribable chunks and strips of a hard bacon-like substance.

She was administered the phizer vaccine yesterday. As do countless others, though, she suspects she has already contracted and overcome the covid virus.
This may be a dumb question but if she has the antibodies, why did she get the vaccine? I assume she’s been tested numerous times.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 08:42 PM   #8458
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I am watching the Rose Bowl. At the start of the game, an announcement was made that only one team-captain per team would be allowed at midfield for the coin toss...due to the coronavirus guidelines. But two minutes later...all the players are piled up on one-another.
That's the type of government you espouse...(ie...stupid rules and regulations...just in case you miss THE point)....so what's your beef....
Old 01-01-2021, 09:41 PM   #8459
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
That's the type of government you espouse...(ie...stupid rules and regulations...just in case you miss THE point)....so what's your beef....
I was hoping that you'd lay off the liquor in the new year.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM   #8460
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
This may be a dumb question but if she has the antibodies, why did she get the vaccine? I assume she’s been tested numerous times.
No, just one test. And that came back negative. But she did experience chills one night during her official vacation, and we can't imagine where our son caught the virus, if not at home from his mom. He is laid off from work and has been THAT careful in avoiding people and public places.

Another point of potential interest: she was told to return in 16 days (NOT the commonly referred to three weeks) for her second dose of the phizer.

I'll take whichever I can get, but the more I read, the more I prefer the moderna shots.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: