Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
lamboguy

Texas 10th largest economy in the world

according to the Governor of Texas, Texas economy is larger than Russia and Canada which are so much larger is size.

even if that number is overstated a bit, the fact remains that the economy is big and they are going to need more and more people there to sustain it. the Federal government is going to have to step in and rebuild the grid and make it somewhat safe for people to live there.

https://businessintexas.com/texas-en...conomy-by-gdp/
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
according to the Governor of Texas, Texas economy is larger than Russia and Canada which are so much larger is size.

even if that number is overstated a bit, the fact remains that the economy is big and they are going to need more and more people there to sustain it. the Federal government is going to have to step in and rebuild the grid and make it somewhat safe for people to live there.

https://businessintexas.com/texas-en...conomy-by-gdp/
Feds rebuilding the grid? Where do you get that from?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 09:13 AM   #3
lamboguy

Texas was probably a big reason why the stock market became so volatile this week. this place has to be re-built. its going to take lots of lumber, steel, copper and other raw materials to build it back up, and then you are going to have to deliver those materials to Texas. this is going to cause higher prices in those goods.

when you look at most of the homes built in Texas, they weren't built to last 100 years! they were built cheaply. if i was building houses these days, i would get my ass down to Texas to make tons of money.

after they build up the grid, Texas will be in higher demand. no doubt about that. there probably will be more regulation coming there as well.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #4
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Feds rebuilding the grid? Where do you get that from?
Look at it, as the Govt. re-investing the huge amount of taxes paid to them from their #2 biggest contributor, behind Cal.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:07 AM   #5
ElKabong

Quote:
Texas was probably a big reason why the stock market became so volatile this week. this place has to be re-built. its going to take lots of lumber, steel, copper and other raw materials to build it back up, and then you are going to have to deliver those materials to Texas. this is going to cause higher prices in those goods.

when you look at most of the homes built in Texas, they weren't built to last 100 years! they were built cheaply. if i was building houses these days, i would get my ass down to Texas to make tons of money.

after they build up the grid, Texas will be in higher demand. no doubt about that. there probably will be more regulation coming there as well.
No offense intended, because I really like reading much of what you post, but you're wayyy out in left field on this one
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 12:49 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
No offense intended, because I really like reading much of what you post, but you're wayyy out in left field on this one
Old 03-01-2021, 02:37 AM   #7
lamboguy

you guys are hilarious, i usually don't respond to anyone trying to put me in my place and maybe think i should be shamed, but that is to be expected from those that are going to school while i was already coming home.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:17 AM   #8
ElKabong

Quote:
you guys are hilarious, i usually don't respond to anyone trying to put me in my place and maybe think i should be shamed, but that is to be expected from those that are going to school while i was already coming home.
Or, maybe I'm pointing out that you don't have a good grasp on what's going on in my backyard... You, being from Mass., or thereabouts

Your comment about Texas needing to be rebuilt is off base. Sorry
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: