Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #181
Rohirrim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Congress has a 15% approval rating. About time Senators and Reps see it rather than read about about it.
Everyone: "That's everyone else's member of Congress; I love mine!"

That's why 95+% of incumbents get re-elected term after term into infinity.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 04:37 PM   #182
Rohirrim
Veteran

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #183
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

Congress killed Ashli Babbitt - and innocent patriot.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #184
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Up until now, the people have been afraid of the government. Isn't it about time that the government got a little scared of the people?
I wish they were scared. Note the way some of the cops acted toward the protestors yesterday..........

You think some didn't sympathize with them?
Old 01-07-2021, 05:41 PM   #185
jimmyb

Quote:

Incumbents have an advantage because they are able to raise more money and mount a stronger campaign, and have better name recognition and a good reputation from bringing home the pork during their term in office. But is this really enough to overcome an approval rating as low as 10 percent? There must be something else going on.

Only 15.9 percent of all eligible citizens participated in the 2012 statewide primary elections, in which candidates for Congress are nominated. The few people who do vote in the primaries tend to be members of special interest groups that the incumbents have worked hard to turn into supporters.

Last edited by jimmyb; 01-07-2021 at 05:43 PM.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #186
ElKabong

Quote:
Prove it. What was burned?

Drama is all you have. The "burnings" happened last summer. Bring facts next time
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 05:58 PM   #187
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BTW, can't you just picture ely hunkered down in the corner, clutching his firearm, and weeping openly how horrible it was that a "coup" attempt went down yesterday?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Other than a ****ing maniac with a gun assassinating a protester, it WAS mostly a PEACEFUL PROTEST at the Capitol. At least when using the MEDIA DEFINITION of PEACEFUL PROTEST the past 6-12 months.

A few broken windows and a little roaming around the halls of Congress now counts as the worst thing to happen since who knows what. The media and the rest of the cucks act like legislators were taken hostage and summarily hung by the dozens...now they are all virtue signaling with their resignations and calls for the 25th amendment...LOL

I'm done with all this shit. Like I've said over and over again these past many years, this country is DONE. DEAD. GONE.

You can have it. I'm done with it.

You can have your non-stop media hate-fest of anything Republican. Which is nothing new by the way and started way before Trump.

You can have your boatloads of illegal immigrants welcomed into the USA with open arms.

You can have your 6yo boys being transformed into 6yo girls and vice versa and look at it as perfectly normal.

You can have your 100,000 abortions every single day, worldwide.

You can have your nonstop censorship on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and everywhere else.

You can have your N. Korea and Communist Chinese values set forth in stone from here on out for the USA to follow when it comes to squashing your political opposition.

You can have your 4 straight years of ELECTION FIXING by the Dems and their Media cohorts, followed by the grand coup on election day itself.

You can have your inflated COVID deaths meant to stoke fear and economic collapse, especially among the small business sector. (and you can include this as part of the 4yrs of ELECTION FIXING)

You can have it all baby. It's all on you. I'm done with it.
Well again your views are not much different than mine.

Yesterday I was in sad mode looking to understand Ashli Babbitt, who she was and as much as possible about her thinking. Today is the day that the why's are more in line with my middle of the road thinking.

1.) Mostly a PEACEFUL PROTEST, it is or it is not.
2.) 10's of thousands might fit the size of the crowd, that amount to peaceful.
3.) Hundreds of trespassers, Ashli Babbitt was a trespasser who was killed.
4.) Anytime that someone illegally enters a federal building death is a possibility, it does not mean that Ashli Babbitt was crazy or a kook.
5.) I value the American worker, that includes police.

How we go forward depends on what happens next, all of these complex policy edicts are one thing. More really scary things are on our doorstep, every new President is tested by the real nutjobs of the world. Most will expect another ass kissing guy who loves to bow. I expect a major life loss event inside our country within two years from one of these nutjobs. My real fear is a President who will listen to the people around him without the ability to process to the best possible outcome. This is what they voted for in this old man.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 06:09 PM   #188
TJDave

Quote:
Up until now, the people have been afraid of the government. Isn't it about time that the government got a little scared of the people?
I’ve never been afraid of my government. Occasionally annoyed but damn lucky to have been born here. Compared to most everywhere else this is paradise.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:21 PM   #189
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Granted, she served our country...but...
Why was she committing a crime by storming the Capitol?
She did far less than most BLM ASSHOLES did.
And she never got a big TV!
Old 01-07-2021, 06:23 PM   #190
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
THIS!
Old 01-07-2021, 06:23 PM   #191
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Go fetch the posts that stated that

People that shot police, that murdered business owners... Yes, shoot them. They were out to kill people. That wasn't even close to the case yesterday
Go fetch that post? Really?

If you think there weren't folks on this board calling for the "protesters" to be shot then:
A) you're playing the idiot
B) you are an idiot
C) you have a terrible memory

Note that i put the word "protesters" in parentheses because they did much more than protest (as did the folks in DC yesterday).
The folks in DC yesterday trespassed, broke windows, and occupied property that wasn't theirs. They also scared the crap out of the folks who did have the right to be in the Capitol.
Lord knows what else they would have done if given the chance.
What do you think would have happened if they had gotten their hands on a Democratic member of the Senate?
If Antifa or BLM had pulled the same stunt half of this board would have called for them to be shot.
Stop the charade ElK

OK, Hook 'em
Old 01-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #192
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Granted, she served our country...but...
Why was she committing a crime by storming the Capitol?
Golly gee y'all...thanks for all the responses to this post.
Too bad none of you answered the question...

Why was she there breaking the law?
Military service doesn't make one eligible to break the law
Old 01-07-2021, 06:30 PM   #193
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I’ve never been afraid of my government. Occasionally annoyed but damn lucky to have been born here. Compared to most everywhere else this is paradise.
"Country" and 'government' are two different things, in my book. I could like one while despising the other. I too consider myself damned lucky to be here. But governments have to be kept in check...and citizen uprisings go a long way towards accomplishing this goal. Total obedience to government isn't a sign of "patriotism"...it's a sign of citizen apathy and weakness.

The voice of the people must be heard...even if the walls of Congress must be climbed in the process.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 06:38 PM   #194
chrisl

Thumbs up

Quote:
"Country" and 'government' are two different things, in my book. I could like one while despising the other. I too consider myself damned lucky to be here. But governments have to be kept in check...and citizen uprisings go a long way towards accomplishing this goal. Total obedience to government isn't a sign of "patriotism"...it's a sign of citizen apathy and weakness.

The voice of the people must be heard...even if the walls of Congress must be climbed in the process.
Perfect.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 06:46 PM   #195
OntheRail

Quote:
<SNIP>

If Antifa or BLM had pulled the same stunt half of this board would have called for them to be shot.
Stop the charade ElK

OK, Hook 'em
You are aware there is evidence of Antifa being inside the Capital. And also there are claims they are the ones that "Breached It". And still wrote the above.

So which is it... A B C or D

A) you're playing the idiot
B) you are an idiot
C) you have a terrible memory
D) you're a tool

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: